1A and 2A playoffs

[quote name="BUNA95" post="812467" timestamp="1276545265"]
Do 2 or 3 teams advance to the playoffs in 1A and 2A districts? I thought since they went to a DI and DII setting that only 2 teams advanced.
[/quote]

I thought the same thing.  I was corrected on that about a week ago in 1A and learned that in 2A, 3 teams are going as well.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="812490" timestamp="1276548180"]
Colmesneilfan1, who I will just say because of what I know is a reliable source, corrected me on 1A.  I had also heard that 2A superintendants had the same vote as the 1A.
[/quote]
This is great

[quote name="Colmesneilfan1" post="812522" timestamp="1276552882"]
Word is that the district champions will get a 1st round bye....the playoff format should be out soon....
[/quote]
Thanks for the info. This is a good decision, gives other teams something to fight for all the way to week 10.

Three teams to advance in Conference 1A, 2A football playoffs

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUSTIN – The number of teams advancing to the Conference 1A and 2A football playoffs will increase from two to three beginning this football season, the UIL announced Tuesday.

In a 2009 referendum ballot, Conference 1A and 2A superintendents across the state voted to divide football brackets into two divisions (Division I and Division II) prior to the start of the season. The result allowed only two teams from each district to advance to the football playoffs.

The new rule change allows three teams to advance from each district in the Conference 1A eleven-man and Conference 2A football playoffs and will go into effect immediately beginning with the 2010 football season with the first place team receiving a bye in the first round.

So in some districts if you finish in the top half of your district, you go to the playoffs.  In others, more teams will go to the playoffs in a district than stays home.

I agree with you ECBucFan.....I don't like this plan either.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder