LU vs. UH Game Updates....LU WINS!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="793284" timestamp="1271908274"]
[quote author=lu cards link=topic=68940.msg793261#msg793261 date=1271907458]
darn.i left in the seventh and missed it.
[/quote]

Some fan you are.... kidding  ;D
[/quote]i brought my 3 yr old and was shocked i made it that long.

Roebuck’s ninth-inning home run gives Cardinals 7-6 victory over University of Houston

BEAUMONT – For the second game in a row Wednesday night, Kevin Roebuck wore the hero’s hat for Lamar University’s baseball team.

Roebuck, who hit a grand slam in Sunday’s come-from-behind victory over Sam Houston State, blasted a two-run, walkoff home run in the ninth inning this time around to boost the Cardinals to a 7-6 win over the University of Houston.

Roebuck, who entered the game as a pinch runner in the eighth inning and stayed in to play centerfield, sent a 2-0 fastball high over the leftfield fence, much to the delight of the crowd of 1,086 in Vincent-Beck Stadium. It was his third homer of the season.

Shortstop Aaron Buchanan led off the Cardinals’ ninth with a single up the middle, advanced to second base on Andy Mena’s perfectly-executed sacrifice bunt and went to third on Quentin Luquette’s groundout to the right side of the infield.

Roebuck’s blow made a winner of Brandon Chambers, who worked the final two innings to go to 3-0 on the season. The senior left-hander from Silsbee was also the winning pitcher in Sunday’s 14-7 comebacker over Sam Houston State.

Wednesday’s clutch victory will send the 24-15 Cardinals into their weekend Southland Conference series against UTSA riding a five-game winning streak. The loss dropped the Cougars to 16-19 on the season.

Buchanan, who contributed an RBI triple to Lamar’s two-run fourth inning, paced the Cardinals’ six-hit attack by going 2-for-4 and scoring four runs. He raised his team-high batting average to .393, and he also walked twice to run his team-leading season total to 32.

First baseman Wade Mathis delivered a bases-loaded, two-run single to left field in the third inning to put the Cardinals up 3-0. The Cougars tied the score, however, with a three-run fourth inning.

Buchanan’s RBI triple in the fourth returned the lead to the Cardinals, and Andy Mena added a run-scoring single later in the inning. Again, the Cougars tied the score by scoring two sixth-inning runs, and they pushed across an unearned run off Chambers in the eighth to go up 6-5.

The Cardinals will play a rematch against the Cougars in Houston on April 28.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed