Hardin 5 Kountze 4

Guest baseball25

[quote name="Aggie by Birth" post="781670" timestamp="1269521965"]
and now my two cents worth....this "4th string" pitcher you speak of...is the only kid that can throw a full game without wearing down.  Did he give up some hits early...yes...did he come roaring back...collect hinself..ans strikeout 10...yes.  There is noone to blame but the kids...at the plate...we didnt get it done!  Coaches dont do the fielding...and hitting.  The sad fact is that many of you who post here dont have a clue what it takes to field a team....lets start with this...its called a COLLEGE DEGREE!!!!!!!  go get one...then step out here and try this thing on for size!!!

and one more thing...you bash the other fans and coaches all you want...but dont belittle yourself and this forum by bashing or trashing the kids...thats so undignified that it really doesnt justify comment!
[/quote]

Wasnt bashing Cade at all he did a great job!! Just everyone has a time where they need to be pulled... When i said he was 4th string thats not bashing him its saying that there are a few more pitchers that are better than him!!

[quote name="Coach 18" post="781781" timestamp="1269531042"]
Just for your information!  

Baseball Playoffs
1976-2004  No playoffs!
2005 District Champions  3 rounds deep in playoffs
2006 Finished 2nd - Lost in first round of playoffs
2007 Finished 2nd - Lost in first round of playoffs
2008 Finished 2nd - 2 rounds deep in playoffs
2009 Finished 4th - 1 game out

Sub-par?  I don't think so!

Coach Williams is doing a great job!  He definantly has the respect of the district coaches!  For that matter all the coaches at Kountze are doing a great job and are well respected in this district.  

[/quote]

Kountze was not in playoffs in 06 lol also in 05 they did go undefeated in district but lost in the first round to Mart lol there was no 5 rounds

??? about the comments about the coaches players etc....there r ways to make ur comments without being negative....maybe put some suggestions out there!! As far as the comment made by 'aggiebybirth' about only 1 kid that can pitch a game without wearing down,,,, the boy that pitched agnst us was pretty good! And i am almost certain he pitched the whole game??  And that kid battled i saw him get down with three balls and come back and strike out a batter!

with that being said kountze coaches players etc..keep ur heads up we all win some and we all loose some

hope to beat yall next round!!! 

Aggie by birth is probably the kids daddy... but here is what i know from seeing these boys play... there are two boys that had lived and buna and we follow them... both of these boys can pitch a full game one being a senior one being a sophmore... the older one probably has the best arm on the team and an a good breaking ball... the younger one, has an unorthadox style of pitching that throws batters off... and yes he pitched a good game against dewyville... they also have a pitcher that pitched against us (buna) i dont know his name but he is number 14... i just find it rather odd that the older of the two mentioned has not started a game or been placed in the rotation ... if there are any answers are, opinionated responses please reply...  ??? ??? ???

Not sure on there numbers but Pitchers are Sr. RH Trey Walden, Jr. LH Chamus Dilts,  Jr. RH Chris Dearmond ( which IDK if he has thrown any this year) RH Richard Walden Soph., LH Travis Hoke Soph., RH Cade Deaver Soph.,  and RH Phillip Simon soph., Phillip started against Buna... I think Simon is #14... And he did good from what I hear.

Hey Aggie by Birth, it sounds like your a coach from Kountze.  There is no need in you getting your feelings hurt by someone posting that the pitcher is a fourth string pitcher.  Yor comment about him being the only one that doesnt tire out is incorrect.  And it sounds like your putting the other pitchers down from Kountze.  You need to look at the glass as half way full!  But Mr. Degree, this is a forum and these are peoples opinions.  And by the way, having a degree doesnt mean you know baseball.  There are coaches who were in the band and have never played baseball.  Hardin came out in the first two innings and crushed the ball, it happens.  However the pitcher (Cade Deaver)from Kountze got in his groove and did awesome.  But he was throwing slower as the game went on, throwing good though keeping the ball low.  Its the last inning, the game is tied and Hardin has the top of their line up coming up.  Now at this point in the game there should have been a pitching change either Trey Walden or Travis Hoke.  Both of these boys have alot more speed.  After seeing Cade the whole game, changing the speed would have messed up Hardins timing (baseball 101).  This would not have guaranteed the win, but most likely have made it go into extra innings.  Giving us a chance for a win (Coaching decision).  And by the way, our bats were dead. However I have to give credit to the kid from Hardin, his fastball was not fast, but he had a good little curve ball.  One more thing, I do not know why Trey Walden is not pitching, it seems the coach is more concerned about next year than this year...  ???

Hey dawggonit, have you read all the post?  Nobody is dawging out Cade.  Period.  And get your facts straight, Trey does not move to second when Richard is pitching.  And your right this is going to be a good team.  But I watch the games, I have seen all these kids pitch.  And there is no good reason not to pitch Trey.  He is the most dominate pitcher on the team.  However, I'm not taking anything away from the other pitchers, because they do a good job as well.  And as far as UTfan, yes everybody knows who he is.  And a matter of fact, he is one of Kountze's biggest fans.  I'm sure he did not mean anything bad toward Cade.  And I thought he did play high school baseball or was on the team.  Let me clear something else up, Cade doesnt need you to come to his defense.  Everybody that knows Cade, knows that he is a good kid, a hard worker and a good little pitcher.  Now, you should have nothing else to say.  This should be the end of the subject.  Have a wonderful day.   

Ok I deleted my post because you obviously misunderstood !!  First, of all yes Trey did play second when he came back, when his brother was on the mound. I was at the games and watched him play second base.  Now they have moved the short stop over to second, well that too has changed.  Anyway that is besides the point.    My point was that Trey is a very strong player and can play almost anywhere on the field.  Heck he caught Friday night and did a great job.  Sometimes you want a defensive team behind your pitcher. Because he is so versatile he is able to play in more than one or two positions.  Usually one of the boys who go in to pitch play one of the infield positions and because he is so versatile he is able to play in that spot.  That was all I was trying to say as to why he may not be pitching as much. He is sometimes needed else where on the team.  Again I say it takes all 9 boys on the team to make a team.  Also, although you guys don't think Cade was being put down, you  should reread the post when the comment was made. When the posts were dogging on Utfan06 about Kountze loosing to Hardin and he stated....  Ha Ha you won with our 4th string pitcher on the mound.  Now maybe some of you don't think it is bad to say that but you know it may actually be hurtful, to him or his family and friends.  That is all I was trying to say !!  Even when I read it I took the comment negatively.  I understand it was not meant to be that way but that is the way this is playing out !!  Trust me that is how most who have read this took the comment. 
I think in the next two weeks or so we are going to see a new team out there.  Coach is making some very interesting changes and I must say I like them !!  Go get em Lions !!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124