"Battling Bears"

In the name of good sportsmanship, PNG has admitted to being

totally shocked by the team players of LCM. They stuck together and

got the job done offensively and defensively. It was a wonderful game with the LCM Bears ready to play that night!

Hopefully PNG learned a valuable lesson - teamwork is what wins the game! You can't rely on just one or two players to win the game. It takes a concerted effort! They were not ready for Friday night. In order to stay in the District playoffs, they better get with the program. . .

Hope the LCM and PNG game next year is as exciting!!!****!!!!!

Squaw, thanks for your excellent sportsmanship...you stepped up after many of the trash talkers didn't.

I have a son that goes to LCM, but he doesn't play football. But, as a fan, what I saw on the PN-G sideline was a kind of "in your face" type of sporstmanship because they put up their "beat the Bears" signs all over the place. Until then, I had not seen a visiting team do that, and it kind of reeked of,...well...an extreme sense of overconfidence and disrespect.

On the plus side, after PN-G was taking their beating in the 4th quarter, I looked at our stands, and then I looked at theirs...the PN-G stands were more full of fans in an ugly loss, than our side was in a big win. That showed me true fan support...

Lest you think I am a Bear alumni...I am an alumnus of Ysleta High School, Class of '77...the Ysleta Indians. The thing was, a lot of our students were actually ...Indians...they were members of the Tigua Indian tribe. We had an all girl drum corps that could be heard miles down the road, and an Indian horse rider that would plant a spear at home games on the 50 yeard line...

We had a saying then, that still applies to YHS students and alum..."Once an Indian, Always an Indian"...

but I did get a little disrespectful of the PN-G Indians at the end of the game...I asked my kids if PN-G had scored...and we responded with...

NAAAAAAAHH NAH NAHNAH NAH NAH NNNAAAHHH NAH NAH NAH NAH NAHNAHNAH... :twisted:

Guest pngpurplenwhite

LCM play a heck of a game and I'll give them there due. PNG took them lightly and they stuffed it down our throat. Alot of folks hate PNG for there success over the years. But read these boards, the PNG folks are not the ones that talk all the smack. Whenever teams beat us they think they won the superbowl. Teams bring there A-game when they play us and they brings out the best in us.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont