Central v Lumberton Predictions

[quote name="Tanner G!" post="779472" timestamp="1269058274"]
Lumberton lost. Very unfortunate for them. I believe they got goal jacked when central keeper held the ball over the goal line. But Central definitely showed up and made it clear that they were a force to be reckoned with.
[/quote]

I believe that was a goal also, but there was a close call the other way on the same thing.. the lumberton keeper swatted it very close to the line.. that could have also been over..

Neither team got goal jacked.  The central keeper had his hand on the goalline behind the ball so no way the ball is over.  The Lumberton keeper turned the other ball and the AR was in perfect position to see if it crossed.  He was already shaking his head no before the center mistakenly blew the whistle thinking it was in.

So, the right calls were made even if it took awhile.

Beaumont Central v Brenham, Monday, March 22, 600pm at Tomball HS  - GREAT natural grass field and facility.

Guest Newbie
[quote name="dualdellortos" post="779606" timestamp="1269107511"]
Neither team got goal jacked.  The central keeper had his hand on the goalline behind the ball so no way the ball is over.  The Lumberton keeper turned the other ball and the AR was in perfect position to see if it crossed.  He was already shaking his head no before the center mistakenly blew the whistle thinking it was in.

Beaumont Central v Brenham, Monday, March 22, 600pm at Tomball HS  - GREAT natural grass field and facility.
[/quote]
Thanks for the impartial opinion dual.  BTW what the heck were you doing in our neck of the woods, checking out the competition? lol 

[quote name="Chazz Michael Michaels" post="778588" timestamp="1268927488"]
If Lumberton comes into this game expecting an easy win, they will surely go home no longer in the playoffs.  Central has gotten alot better and I think it is possible for them to pull off an upset, and come out with a win.
[/quote]
Something tells me this was prophetic, I couldn't believe Lumberton was for the most part keeping 5 men back in defense, the boys were giving the Jags way too much room all evening long. On the girls side, I kind of felt sorry for the other team, they honored the seniors before the game almost like they were giving up to start with. The lady Raiders took it to them too as it was 5 - 0 by the time I left at the half.

[quote name="Newbie" post="779626" timestamp="1269111042"]
[quote author=dualdellortos link=topic=67434.msg779606#msg779606 date=1269107511]

[/quote]
Thanks for the impartial opinion dual.  BTW what the heck were you doing in our neck of the woods, checking out the competition? lol 
[/quote]

Nothing like a nice evening drive to Beaumont.  Helps to settle the stomach after a big meal..... ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Do yall watch the same central team that i do?
Lady Raiders will own them every season! The JAGS have no desire to win it looks like.. they jsut dilly dally around the whole game acting like they have never practiced before, when lumberton works thier butts off all season long.. and make it to playoffs! GO LADY RAIDERS!

Lumbertonfan was refering to the Girls team. Everyone knows that the Central Guys beat Lumberton, they came to play and won deservedly. Was a good game on both sides, Lumberton couldn't finish some of their opportunities.

The Central Goals were very nice i thought.

The header put back from about 12-15 yards out was beautiful.
And the 60 or so yard free kick that took a good bounce off of a Lumberton player was taken as well as it could have been. The player that took that kick has a leg on him.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder