HF vs. LC-M

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fighting for their playoff lives, the Little Cypress-Mauriceville Bears catapulted to fourth place with a solid 3-2 victory over the Hamshire-Fannett Longhorns on Tuesday night at Battlin' Bear Stadium.  Garhett Bonneaux had a hand in all the Bears' goals with two goals and one assist; while Kevin Hernandez scored the game-deciding goal for the Bears.

Bears Coach Jeremy Watzlavik was proud of the team's victory.  "I am happy for our team, it was a good team effort", said Watzlavik.  "They deserved the win."

The game had a slow start for the Bears.  In the game's opening minute,  the Longhorns earned a throw-in on the Bears' side of the field.  The Longhorns headed the throw-in into the Bears' goal for a 1-0 lead. 

The Bears answered one minute later from a nice throw-in of their own when Tommy Jones threw the ball in front of the Longhorn goal.  The ball was kicked several times around the box and ended up at Bonneaux's feet.  Bonneaux blasted a left-footed shot that deflected off a Longhorn defender for a goal and a 1-1 tie. 

The teams battled hard for the next 25 minutes without either team scoring.  Then, Bonneaux took a free-kick from 25 yards away from the Longhorn goal.  Bonneaux's shot went through a crowd of Longhorn defenders and into the opposite side of the net for a 2-1 Bears lead.  "I saw that the Longhorn goalie was standing at the near post; so I tried to catch him off guard while he was organizing his wall, and it worked", said Bonneaux.  "It was a beautiful kick", observed Watzlavik.

The Bears struck again in the game's 53rd minute when Bonneaux passed to Hernandez at the 35 yard line.  Hernandez controlled the ball and charged towards the Longhorn goal on a breakaway.  Going one-on-one against the Longhorn goalie, Hernandez drilled the ball past the goalie and into the net.  "It was a strong goal by Hernandez", noted Watzlavik.  "I was happy that he got the goal for us."  Hernandez's goal gave the Bears a 3-1 lead.

The Longhorns scored four minutes later when they were awarded a penalty kick.  The Longhorns converted the kick to make the game's final score 3-2.  Although the Longhorns made several offensive runs, a resilient Bears defense prevented any further scores.

Watzlavik noted that other Bears players with strong individual performances were Jordan King, Fabian Mankat, Cristian Diaz, Tommy Jones, Mauricio Benitez, Dylan Cope, and Mitchel Heil. 

The Bears can punch their playoff ticket with either a win against  the Nederland Bulldogs or a Longhorn loss against the Ozen Panthers.  The Bears will host Nederland on Friday night at 7:00 p.m.

[quote name="Islander" post="774249" timestamp="1268194876"]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fighting for their playoff lives, the Little Cypress-Mauriceville Bears catapulted to fourth place with a solid 3-2 victory over the Hamshire-Fannett Longhorns on Tuesday night at Battlin' Bear Stadium.  Garhett Bonneaux had a hand in all the Bears' goals with two goals and one assist; while Kevin Hernandez scored the game-deciding goal for the Bears.

Bears Coach Jeremy Watzlavik was proud of the team's victory.  "I am happy for our team, it was a good team effort", said Watzlavik.  "They deserved the win."

The game had a slow start for the Bears.  In the game's opening minute,  the Longhorns earned a throw-in on the Bears' side of the field.  The Longhorns headed the throw-in into the Bears' goal for a 1-0 lead. 

The Bears answered one minute later from a nice throw-in of their own when Tommy Jones threw the ball in front of the Longhorn goal.  The ball was kicked several times around the box and ended up at Bonneaux's feet.  Bonneaux blasted a left-footed shot that deflected off a Longhorn defender for a goal and a 1-1 tie.   

The teams battled hard for the next 25 minutes without either team scoring.  Then, Bonneaux took a free-kick from 25 yards away from the Longhorn goal.  Bonneaux's shot went through a crowd of Longhorn defenders and into the opposite side of the net for a 2-1 Bears lead.  "I saw that the Longhorn goalie was standing at the near post; so I tried to catch him off guard while he was organizing his wall, and it worked", said Bonneaux.  "It was a beautiful kick", observed Watzlavik.

The Bears struck again in the game's 53rd minute when Bonneaux passed to Hernandez at the 35 yard line.  Hernandez controlled the ball and charged towards the Longhorn goal on a breakaway.  Going one-on-one against the Longhorn goalie, Hernandez drilled the ball past the goalie and into the net.  "It was a strong goal by Hernandez", noted Watzlavik.  "I was happy that he got the goal for us."  Hernandez's goal gave the Bears a 3-1 lead.

The Longhorns scored four minutes later when they were awarded a penalty kick.  The Longhorns converted the kick to make the game's final score 3-2.  Although the Longhorns made several offensive runs, a resilient Bears defense prevented any further scores.

Watzlavik noted that other Bears players with strong individual performances were Jordan King, Fabian Mankat, Cristian Diaz, Tommy Jones, Mauricio Benitez, Dylan Cope, and Mitchel Heil.   

[b]The Bears can punch their playoff ticket with either a win against  the Nederland Bulldogs or a Longhorn loss against the Ozen Panthers.  [/b]The Bears will host Nederland on Friday night at 7:00 p.m.

[/quote]

What are the possibilities of one or both happening?

well i have a correction to that very well produced report (and no, that's not sarcasm. it really is good)
i'm sorry to inform you, but HF's first goal was, in fact, an own goal by the LCM keeper. he tried to tip it over the bar as the ball was coming in, however, he failed to do so, resulting in an own goal for LCM.
there was no header from HF in this match.
good game to both  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami