i know it is very early (baseball)

Guest coachhooker

PNG, Nederland, Vidor, LCM

You will be surprised of the talent that will be present in these teams. Most have had players playing select ball now for quite a few years. Although most teams lost a lot of seniors, the players coming up are quite talented. Should be a good season...............

HF will be very young this year. 12 seniors graduated last year. 4 returners 1 junior starting OF, 1 senior who alternated at 3rd, and 2 soph who were called up at the end of the year to run bases a few times. It may be a exciting year. Our soph class is probably the best class to ever come thru HF some played JV last year. Pitching may be a problem.

HF will be very young this year. 12 seniors graduated last year. 4 returners 1 junior starting OF' date=' 1 senior who alternated at 3rd, and 2 soph who were called up at the end of the year to run bases a few times. It may be a exciting year. Our soph class is probably the best class to ever come thru HF some played JV last year. Pitching may be a problem.[/quote']

Im going to have to disagree with you on that edblu. like you said, they dont have sufficent pitching to make them the best group to ever go through. they may be the fastest, but they have to put the ball in play first, and i wasnt very impressed with their hitting ability, but hey they could very well come ready to hit this year.

i will agree with you when two things happen, first they do better than last years 21-7 record with a trip to the playoffs, and they go deeper than 3 rounds in playoffs like in '04. when that happens, ill be the first to tell you that they the best, but thats the whole mentality of that grade, they think they are the greatest but now they need to prove it.

oh and just to ask, is that "senior" that alternated at 3rd travis moore? because he is a junior.

When I said best I meant athletically it may not transfer to baseball field. They will presumably be at their best as seniors. Definately not this year. We probably won't make the playoffs. There will have to be some guys pitch that hadn't pitched in a few years. Hopefully some of the ones that quit football to go strickly baseball are getting coached up on the mound or playing fall ball. Guy could be who you are talking about I know one of them is the punter/kicker on the football team.

my mistake on the "best class" discussion, i just thought we were talking just baseball so i apologize.

i will agree that they are very athletic in football as well, but i believe that the offense will have to play to thier strengths, which is speed, and open it up a little, run a little urban meyer offense and not try and run over people that has been hfs mentality forever, then they will be successful. until then, we will see pretty much the same results.

the guy you are talking about is michael lange and he will pitch this year and yes he is a senior but travis moore is a junior and he may be battling lange for the 3rd base spot, but i also heard courville may want to try it at third too. although i still see courville, daigle, wright, minaldi, and a few more fighting for spots in the outfield. i know no one is guaranteed a spot because i played for landry for 4 years and everyone starts from scratch and earns their positions

edblu, i thought i would just throw a couple names of past hf players out there to see if anyone in the sophomore class matches up to them athletically.

Spencer George - Tennessee Titans, Rice University, 4-year letterman

Felvin Malvo-University of Michigan, 4 year letterman

(these two guys played on the same team and came a game or two from state)

Cedric Larnette-Blinn Junior College, 4 year letterman.

horndawg-we'll have to give them a few more years before we can compare them to those guys. I've watched this group since they were 2nd graders. I've only seen Larnette play. He was used properly as a RB not WR like our fastest players now. I digress. The others played before I moved out this way. It has been a long time since someone has gone D1 in anything out here so they probably won't measure up to those other two guys. It would be awesome if some of them were able to do that. I would def. follow their careers. We can only hope!

i meant no disrespect to the players and their ahtleticism. i know they have some good athletes, and id love them to win state either next year or their senior year. i just find the statement "best athletes to ever go through" a bold statement when, like you said, there hasnt been a d1 player in a while. now if they send some players to some d1 schools, they dont even need to be a school like michigan, but just a d1, then they can be considered great.actually all they need to do is go a few rounds in playoffs to be called great. hopefully within the next two years?!

by the way your son did a good job tonight. had the jitters at first it seemed, but after the first play, calmed down and made of look silly on the draw. like i posted in football, he took the role tim tebow took at florida. he came in and ran when needed, and he delivered. if theyll throw in a few more plays and get him the ball in other plays but the draw, it will open their offense up.

i think a good crop of talent come threw this area about every 3 years, there where a lot of good athletes in the '03 season as well as '06, the other years may have had a better athlete but as far as the number of athletes those had the most in my opion if this pattern continues then the soph. class would be it, i haven't seen the other schools but hf does have some athletes in that class

i think a good crop of talent come threw this area about every 3 years' date=' there where a lot of good athletes in the '03 season as well as '06, the other years may have had a better athlete but as far as the number of athletes those had the most in my opion if this pattern continues then the soph. class would be it, i haven't seen the other schools but hf does have some athletes in that class[/quote']

what about in '04 when matt hebert, lance elizondo, barrett law, greg johnson played? they went 3 rounds in playoffs. that team had three guys from the '06 class start that year, but the '04 guys got them to the playoffs. that team made school history, so i dont know if you can say every three year pattern.

i agree with you on those other two classes and i didnt come from the 04 class but you must give credit where credit is due.

i think the 03 class had a better team with Kondo' date=' Smith, Lynch, Matak, Trahan, and Breaux they may not have gone as far in the playoffs but that doesn't mean they weren't a better team[/quote']

well now you are saying what team is better, that wasn't your original statement. you said that there is a pattern of good teams coming through in three year intervals, but there were three good teams for hf in 4 years. i was just saying your statement really doesnt hold a very strong case. that 04 team still beat the #6 ranked team in state during the playoffs if you'll recall, the bellville brahmas.

• 5 weeks later...

Ozen High School is also a team to watch this season. They have several returning players who has been starting on varsity since thier freshman years, very experienced solid players who also have several years of select experience play at the highest levels, 2 of which are only juniors and were very dominating pitchers in their competitive 4A district last year. One player was voted 1st team ALL District (Utility), and 2nd team Super Gold Team/SETX ALL District Team., and another voted 2nd team ALL District (Pitcher). GREAT TEAM TO WATCH THIS SEASON.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124