Nederland vs. Bridge City

[quote name="Razor" post="774592" timestamp="1268246521"]
Believe me, if this is a district game and the same scenario presents itself, this would not be the decision...this is a preseason, non-district game that means nothing other than preparing the team for the rest of the season...Nederland has, in fact, thrown several pitchers and tried several lineup variations, as I believe they should, at this time of the season...it will serve the team well in the long run, which is what this is ultimately about...don't worry, the Dogs will be just fine
[/quote]

As with BC Landry has also thrown several pitchers with different line-ups, I'm sure he likes to win even in those situations but understands before hand losing is a good possibility but the benefits out weigh the possible outcome. We sometimes get too wrapped up in win/loss stats in preseason. Ned. as well a BC will be fine come district play.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="allsportsguy" post="774683" timestamp="1268255787"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=66923.msg774592#msg774592 date=1268246521]
Believe me, if this is a district game and the same scenario presents itself, this would not be the decision...this is a preseason, non-district game that means nothing other than preparing the team for the rest of the season...Nederland has, in fact, thrown several pitchers and tried several lineup variations, as I believe they should, at this time of the season...it will serve the team well in the long run, which is what this is ultimately about...don't worry, the Dogs will be just fine
[/quote]

As with BC Landry has also thrown several pitchers with different line-ups, I'm sure he likes to win even in those situations but understands before hand losing is a good possibility but the benefits out weigh the possible outcome. We sometimes get too wrapped up in win/loss stats in preseason. Ned. as well a BC will be fine come district play.
[/quote] I think these are very accurate assessments of both Ned and BC.............and while the win/loss record looks good if a team is undefeated, it don't mean a thing if teams play a soft schedule to get that record and I don't believe either of these coaches care much about the record until the district games begin.  I believe both do an excellent job in preparing their teams for the districts they are in by the schedule they play beforehand.  Both teams will be ready when the time comes when records do matter  I also think the early rankings don't mean much either and don't put a lot of stock in them at this point.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami