• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GCMPats
GARY HERRINGTON INVITATIONAL
BASEBALL TOURNAMENT
MARCH 4 – 6

POOL A                        POOL B                                    POOL C
LEE                        STERLING                                   GOOSE CREEK
BAYTOWN CHRISTIAN        EISENHOWER                      GALVESTON
LANGHAM CREEK           DAWSON                                   CHANNELVIEW
PNG                        DEER PARK                                    SPRING

[u][b]Thursday[/b][/u]
At Lee             At Sterling At GCM
Time                                      Time               Time
11:00  Lee vs. Langham Creek          11:00  Sterling vs. Dawson   11:00  GCM vs. Galveston
1:30    Langham Creek vs. BCA         1:30    Dawson vs. Deer Park    1:30    Galveston vs. Channelview
4:00 BCA vs. PNG 4:00 Deer Park vs. Eisenhower   4:00 Channelview vs. Spring
6:30 Lee vs. PNG 6:30 Sterling vs. Eisenhower    6:30 GCM  vs. Spring

[u][b]Friday[/b][/u]
Time                     Time                Time
12:00  no game        12:00   no game    12:00  no game
2:30    Langham Creek vs. PNG      2:30   Sterling vs. Deer Park    2:30 Sping vs. Galveston
5:00    Lee vs. BCA        5:00   Eisenhower vs. Dawson    5:00 GCM vs. Channelview

[u][b]Saturday[/b][/u]
Time                                          Time                          Time
10:00   4 A vs. 4 B                             10:00  4 C vs. 3 B             10:00 2 C vs. 2 A
12:30   3 A vs.  Winner of 10:00 game    12:30 Winner of pool A vs. C 12:30 3 C vs. 2 B
                             3:00 Championship vs. Pool B

(Let's see if you can guess which school set up the Pool format for this one)

Sterling may have made the brackets but they better watch it with Dawson,My boy Travis Duke will carve you up from the left side babe....Its gonna be fun....Today Lee High school beat Austin High School 18-0.Reed Seeley had 15ks-0BB-no hits in 5 innings of work...GO FIGHTING GANDERS!!!!!

Guest GCMPats
Why burn one of your best pitchers, who has had some arm troubles, in a meaningless game the day before a big tournament? I know he can go on two days rest, but why do that this early?

[quote name="GCMPats" post="770434" timestamp="1267708526"]
Why burn one of your best pitchers, who has had some arm troubles, in a meaningless game the day before a big tournament? I know he can go on two days rest, but why do that this early?
[/quote]

Two days rest  ??? ??? Headed for arm trouble. Why would you throw him against Austin ?

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="EAGLE07" post="770442" timestamp="1267710687"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=66744.msg770434#msg770434 date=1267708526]
[/quote]

Two days rest  ??? ??? Headed for arm trouble. Why would you throw him against Austin ?
[/quote]

They may not have any intentions to throw him at all. It is an assumption on my part that they would/could throw him again on Saturday.

Why let him get a "complete" game victory? It looks like this one was in the bag early. This would have been a good time to let those guys that need work get in some innings. (IMO)

I guess Hackney has a plan.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="770468" timestamp="1267713557"]
[quote author=EAGLE07 link=topic=66744.msg770442#msg770442 date=1267710687]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=66744.msg770434#msg770434 date=1267708526]
[/quote]

[/quote]

They may not have any intentions to throw him at all. It is an assumption on my part that they would/could throw him again on Saturday.

Why let him get a "complete" game victory? It looks like this one was in the bag early. This would have been a good time to let those guys that need work get in some innings. (IMO)

I guess Hackney has a plan.
[/quote]

Agreed.
Austin High School may not score a run all year....not much of a baseball program these days.

Guest GCMPats
Top of 4th

GCM   0
G Ball  2

Cody Butler allows 2 runs in the top of the 1st. GCM bats are non-existent. 1 hit through 3.
Aaron Garza is on the mound for the Tors.

Guest GCMPats
The Goose lays an egg.

GCM 0
Ball  5

WP: Aaron Garza
LP:  Cody Butler

GCM      0    5    3
Ball        5    3    1

GCM will play Spring High School @ 6:30 PM.
Ball will play Channelview@ 1:30 PM.

true..If they werent hitting the ball period wind conditions doesnt matter...Just wasnt sure if the wind had anything to do with it..seen plenty of games at sterling where the wind changed the game by keeping HR's in the park for fly ball outs.

was the kid at ball a hard thrower or location/offspeed guy?

Guest GCMPats
Nasty breaking ball and he would throw it anywhere in the count. not a bad job on his part. gcm had way too many pop and fly outs. things just get tougher tonight.

Guest GCMPats
Top 7th

G Ball  5
C'view  0

Ball is home team.

[u]Final from Sterling[/u]

RSS      2
Dawson  1

Dawson pitcher had struck out 12 through 4 innings. He got pulled due to a pitch count and RSS wins on a squeeze in the botom ofthe 7th.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="4x4tx" post="770721" timestamp="1267736530"]
Dang Ball going for two shutouts in a row....impressive.

Nice to get a win for RSS after getting dominated on the mound for the majority of the game...Who pitched for sterling?
[/quote]

Yep. They are sitting pretty for Friday.

Do not know. I'll find out later.

Final

Ball    5
C'view 0

Spring and C'view will play at 4:00 PM.

Guest GCMPats
Top of the 5th

C'view  0
Spring    6

Spring LHP Mitchell Taylor is at 88-91 and has the scouts out in full force. He did not give up a hit until the 4th.

Don't know wut the plans were guys,maybe get some work in.To me dont look like nothing is hurt to be honest....Austin was a lil on the awww side but it is what it is......Lee loses to L.Creek 10-5 ......Your right can't wait tell tomorrow at 5....Lee VS BCA.....Don't hate on me guys just posting updates on our game and Reed was pitching..........

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="GeeGanderdad" post="770827" timestamp="1267745468"]
Don't know wut the plans were guys,maybe get some work in.To me dont look like nothing is hurt to be honest....Austin was a lil on the awww side but it is what it is......Lee loses to L.Creek 10-5 ......Your right can't wait tell tomorrow at 5....Lee VS BCA.....Don't hate on me guys just posting updates on our game and Reed was pitching..........
[/quote]

Not hatin', just a little head scratchin'.

Guest GCMPats
Final in 6

GCM    4
Spring  14

Spring scores 5 in the 1st and 8 in the 4th to bring the Goose down to earth. 11 of the Lions runs were scored with 2 outs in the inning.  GCM committed 4 errors. Not a good day to be a Memorial Patriot.

WP: Dustin Luna
LP: Price Jacobs

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn