IMPORTANCE OF LOCAL TEAMS ENTERING LOCAL TOURNAMENTS EARLY!!!!

I want to get some input and opinions on local teams entering local tournaments. I did some research this morning and found 19 teams in our area. I'm sure there are a few more, bringing the number to over 20.  We have local folks, myself included that have upcoming tournaments. There seems to be a real problem getting our local teams to enter early, even though they have every intention of playing in these events. The Thunder tournament this weekend has 11 locals. My Future Stars March 27-28 has 8. The GT Shockers 10U April 24-25 has 4, this event was posted December 16 and the TD asked that locals sign up to encouage the Houston and Lake Charles teams to enter. Getting teams from outside our area to play is also of great benefit for our local teams. I know they want to have good sized tounaments here and not just play each other.
We are not Houston, we cannot put tournaments on the schedule and expect 40 teams to enter. Our events have to be marketed and this includes the participation of local teams. I am listing the upcoming tournaments that I am aware of. I hope all local teams will take advange of the oppurtunity to play locally and support these events. All of these tournaments may be found on the USFA website:  www.usfastpitch.com

Spring Warm-Up  March 6-7
Future Stars Spring March 27-28
'99 GT Shockers Spring Sizzler April 24-25
Future Stars Summer May 1-2
Stars Over Texas Summer Showcase
& Camp June 4-6
USFA State Tournament June 11-13

Not on USFA website:  IFA Memorial Day May 29-30 (IFA website)

These are the tournaments I am aware of, if there are any others, any organization, list them on this thread or I will be glad to include them on this list.

Please call me or the Tournament Directors if you need any information on any of these tournaments.

Ronnie Cole
(409)753-3907

I was wondering maybe we need to ask the question why is it that not all local
teams are playing in local tournaments, if the tournament is posted on the tournament sites well in advance
and also if local teams are not playing or signing up early....what needs to be done (if anything)
to entice local teams and teams from out of the area to sign up early?
Could it be that some local teams don't want to play other local teams or play them over and over again?
If not what is the problem and how do you fix it?
Just a question....I am not saying anything is wrong with how local tournaments are run....we have
allways found a way to schedule local events first at least a month or two in advance then fill
in the schedule with out of the area tournaments. Keep in mind this only works well until the college
exposure, State tournaments and Nationals kick of strong.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01