Evadale vs. Nueces Canyon / Evadale falls 42-29

gdickert

I watched these girls play Wednesday night in Groveton and was very impressed with the heart they showed and the coaching they received from Coach Hollyfield ... they are all a class act. The seniors have done themselves proud as leaders and players. I'm looking forward to seeing all the post-season awards they receive!

The lady rebels didnt go down without a fight. The game was 30-25 before Nueces Canyon went into the stall game and the lady rebs had to foul just to get possession of the ball. To bad there wasnt a shot clock that would really made it interesting. Nueces Canyon is a very talented team but they have to shoot free throws much better than they did today to get to a state championship.

Congrats to the lady rebs on an outstanding year 24-7 and you were the last area girls team standing. Hats off to our seniors, Bailey Gravis,Ariel Wills and Carly Drake. All three had outstanding highschool basketball careers. Thanks for your hard work and dedication and the many wonderful memories you gave us.
A very big thanks to Shelby,Crystal,Amber and Bianna our managers and a special thanks to the administration,parents and fans who supported the lady rebels as always this season

Good luck to you all and you will be remembered as one of the best teams that Coach  Hollyfield  has coached.

Congrats to the Lady Rebels, fantastic season, nothing to be ashamed of! Good luck to the three seniors in their future and good luck to the returning players next year...keep working hard!

Congrats to the best coach and assistant coach I know...and that's not because we're related...never seen two coaches care for their players the way these two do...Gerry Dickert was right when calling them a class act...good luck next year!

Way to go Lady Rebels! I am so proud of all of you! It has already been said, but it's worth saying again that Coach Hollyfield is an awesome coach and is so dedicated to his team! Every girl that has ever been on his team knows that they are better ball players because of him. I know that my own daughter missed out on an opportunity of a life time...but we wish the rebels the very best for years to come!!

[quote name="HOSSFAN" post="768300" timestamp="1267386935"]
Way to go Lady Rebels! I am so proud of all of you! It has already been said, but it's worth saying again that Coach Hollyfield is an awesome coach and is so dedicated to his team! Every girl that has ever been on his team knows that they are better ball players because of him. I know that my own daughter missed out on an opportunity of a life time...but we wish the rebels the very best for years to come!!
[/quote]

Might have been the missing piece to the puzzle. Good luck to her also..... and thanks for the kind words, the girls really worked hard and the Coach would have it no other way..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124