Sub-Varsity Games

UTfanatic

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="798962" timestamp="1273242392"]
I really wished the back and forth would have stopped.  Trying to compare classes is really impossible to do.  Since my two sons have attended NHS there was not single year except Jordan's Freshman year of basketball that a class had all but one of it's players stay at the freshman level.  Josh Dean, Jordan, Jude Vidrine, and Trey Terracina never played a complete season together until their Junior year.  Jordan and Josh never played freshman baseball.  Jude and Trey only played freshman half a season.  That's a variable you can't control.  My other son's class has provided starters and relief pitching for last year's Regional Finalist in baseball and are waiting to see how far they go this year maybe 254 and will return most of the starters for next year except outfield. ;D  That class provided most of the players on the 2010 Area Finalist basketball team as well.(That basketball team was the first to have Brian English for a full four years a variable you can't control)  Anthony Babino, Trevin Sonnier, and Stephen Schlett never played freshman baseball and Jacob and Tyler Smith split time between JV and Freshman.  That class never all played together.  Jacob is the first player since the fifties to be able to say he was an active player on the District Champs in both basketball and baseball at the Varsity level.  My point to saying all of this is that there are always too many variables(who the coach is...players moved up...injury issues..etc) to simply try to compare classes.  When you get to high school the classes intermix and become one team the BULLDOGS!  There is no I in team!  Once again I am excited about the past, present, and future of Bulldog Athletics!  So be part of the team and enjoy the ride,the present and future are bright, or change the screenname to BulldogFreshmanBacker only. ;)  I know you support us it's just a joke.
[/quote]

Well said

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest diehardbaseballmom
[quote name="bulldogbacker" post="799004" timestamp="1273246703"]
[quote author=NHS83LU87 link=topic=66536.msg798962#msg798962 date=1273242392]
I really wished the back and forth would have stopped.  Trying to compare classes is really impossible to do.  Since my two sons have attended NHS there was not single year except Jordan's Freshman year of basketball that a class had all but one of it's players stay at the freshman level.  Josh Dean, Jordan, Jude Vidrine, and Trey Terracina never played a complete season together until their Junior year.  Jordan and Josh never played freshman baseball.  Jude and Trey only played freshman half a season.  That's a variable you can't control.  My other son's class has provided starters and relief pitching for last year's Regional Finalist in baseball and are waiting to see how far they go this year maybe 254 and will return most of the starters for next year except outfield. ;D  That class provided most of the players on the 2010 Area Finalist basketball team as well.(That basketball team was the first to have Brian English for a full four years a variable you can't control)  Anthony Babino, Trevin Sonnier, and Stephen Schlett never played freshman baseball and Jacob and Tyler Smith split time between JV and Freshman.  That class never all played together.  Jacob is the first player since the fifties to be able to say he was an active player on the District Champs in both basketball and baseball at the Varsity level.  My point to saying all of this is that there are always too many variables(who the coach is...players moved up...injury issues..etc) to simply try to compare classes.  When you get to high school the classes intermix and become one team the BULLDOGS!  There is no I in team!  Once again I am excited about the past, present, and future of Bulldog Athletics!  So be part of the team and enjoy the ride,the present and future are bright, or change the screenname to BulldogFreshmanBacker only. ;)  I know you support us it's just a joke.
[/quote]

Well said
[/quote]

DITTO!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83