Expose your Ball player to College Baseball

Lamar opens up the season this Friday at 6:30, Saturday 1pm, Sunday at noon. They will host 7 time College World Series Participant "Maine Black Bears".

Id like to once again express why our local high school players need to involve themselves with viewing college baseball locally.
1) It will Expose the local player to what the college game is all about (Batting practice is always 2 hrs before scheduled game time, defensive work 40min before gametime)
2) Go absorb the speed of the game and the type of athletes it takes to be a NCAA Division 1 college baseball player.
You WILL LEARN THINGS that you can apply to your own game now, to bring an awareness to improve your skill level and presence on the ballfield when being recruited.
So many players want to travel to watch a Univ Tx, or LSU, Texas A&M, Rice, which is a great to see as well, yet how many of our locals sign with these major conference schools. There has become a slight trend the past couple years of "parity" in College baseball, so overall there isn't such a huge gap anymore between mid-majors and power conferences as in years past.
Get out, Go watch mid-major college baseball.
A larger percentage of our local players receive scholarships at JuCo's and Mid-Majors, and see where you fit personally as a player "now" against those who are on the field playing for these college teams.
3) [u][b][i]Support local high school graduates [/i] [/b] [/u] who have moved on the next 4 years to play locally at a Lamar.
Here is what I think you will see this weekend.
Local PNG Grad Eric Harrington toeing the rubber game 1, local Vidor Grad VJ Bunner at shortstop, also freshman Sam Houston High(Lake Charles)Tyler Theriot splitting time with Bunner in the middle. Nederland grad Matison Smith pitching as a starter on Saturday, and future major Pro Prospect Jonathan Dziedzic from Atoscocita LHP Sunday(An outstanding looking prospect, 90-93mph Left handed pitcher) .
Lamars top Relief pitchers, Kelly High Grad Jake Henderson, Hamshires Spencer Cuniff, PNG's Taylor McInnis.
Including impacts made by the Roebuck boys from Hardin Jefferson High, Cameron Campbell from Baytown, and Jude Vidrine from Nederland.

Lamar has 3 new "Treat" type players to watch this season, LHP Dziedezic(His stuff is explosive), 2B Buchanan(GalvestonJC), little left handed lead off hitter, 5'6" 135lbs, yes 135lbs, but can flat out do it, and Theriot SS-3B, 6'1" 209 SS, 6.67-60)from Sam Houston High in Louisiana.  

I cant express enough, get your son out to a a few college games during the season, if its a goal that he aspires towards, then he needs to develop the "vision" of what it takes.
View Lamars schedule at: http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/lama-m-basebl-mtt.html

If we dont support one another within the Golden Triangle, then who will? We owe it to the community to "push" our kids to support one another and "promote" local players regardless if they play for your own personal high school team, select team, or not. When giving the opportunity, always pass on a name of a local kid to others. And I think it is great, that we are fortunate when we are able to say we have good kids attending college programs all around this portion of the country.

Chris Fackler

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder