Barbers Hill-10 Crosby-0 FINAL/Post Game Comments

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game and it was not a game of turnovers. It was a well played game but a defensive struggle. I dont remember the Eagles losing a turnover and only had a penalty or two. Crosby probably had 2 turnovers and a few penalties. The only thing that the Eagles had trouble with was the center snap back to the quarterback. They probably had about 10 deep snaps that were on the ground or the QB bobbled. Besides that the Eagles looked very good. The Fisher kid made a good run on that TD pass after the catch. The Cougars from Crosby have a pretty good team also and are very young. I think all the skill positions on offense are all juniors or sophs. They will be tough next year. Good game by both teams.

Guest PurplePride
:D Woo Hoo Eagles! You made us Dayton Folks PROUD! Thanks for the entertainment at your hard work expense! Now..lets pray for safe return of the Dayton folks on the road..geez...I HATE Hwy.90 between Beaumont and Liberty.. :cry:

It was a defensive game. Thank god our defensive is tuff I dont think Crosby got with in 20 yards of the endzone. The problem wasthe bad snaps. I dont know what his problem was tonight. Their must have been 15 bad snaps for loss of yardage.

Hope they get that fixed before next week

It is so COOL to beat Flanigan again. The dude lives to beat the HILL and like so many others it just don't Happen. Eagles defense was just awesome. This D is bringing back memories of the 99 D that had so many shut outs. They will pound you all night long. Props to the Crosby boys. You played hard and have nothing to be upset about. Keep your heads straight and you will be play-off bound. Although it is fun to whip your coach!!!!! :evil:

Guest BIG HOUSE

BH U GUYS TALK TO MUCH!!U should be glad u weren't put in 22-4A.

As far as the HOUSTON RANKINGS GO: NEDERLAND PLAYED WITH LAM. & WALLER, BUT THEY STILL CAN"T WIN A GAME IN 22-4A!!!!

From all that talk , I thought u guys would have done a little more against Crosby!

THe BH Defense rulled . And still the offensive play calling sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The center did kill us tonight with bad snaps ,but again we threw two times to Fisher one for a TD and the other for a bubble screen. Our coaches need to be more aggressive!!!! BH could have won 21 -0 easy tonight if it wasn't for poor play calling. BH did win tonight and most should be happy,but if we don't get better play calling a snapping of the ball we are in trouble!!!! Props to Crosby on playing good defense against our horrible offense.

Write up from the Eagle sports report

Barbers Hill got a 64 yard touchdown pass and the defense made it stand as the Eagles defeated Crosby 10-0. Barbers Hill is now 5-0 on the season and 2-0 in District 21-4A.

The defense played an outstanding game. They recorded 2 turnovers in getting their first shut out of the year. Daniel McSwain recovered a fumble and Todd Patton intercepted a pass deep in Eagle territory. The Eagles were only threatened once but a missed played snap from center and a fourth down block of a pass by Steven Vara ended the Couger hopes. By the way, this was Vara's first game back after suffering a knee and arm injury in the Jasper game.

Barbers Hill's lone touchdown was light a bolt of lightening on a clear day. The Cougar defense had mirroring the Eagles effort on the night. With just over 5 minutes left in the second quarter, Crosby had just stopped the Eagle offense for a slight loss and BH was faced with third and eight. Blake Patton dropped back and found Mason Fisher along the left sideline. Fisher snatched the ball, made a quick move to the middle and sprinted to the goal line for a 64 yard touchdown. Nick Coggin converted the extra point.

Though not as impressive as a long touchdown pass, the Eagle's next score was just as important. The offensive was able to put together an impressive drive that all but ended the game. After Joe Sexton and Kyle Cox stopped the Cougar QB a yard short of the first down marker, Barbers Hill got the ball just inside their own 30 yard line. The time on the clock read 9:34 when Blake Patton took the first snap after the Cougar punt. Slowly the Eagles began to march down the field. Twice the Eagles faced a third down and long. Both times Blake Patton would find brother Todd for first down catches. Barbers Hill offense would drive to the Crosby 1 and had a fourth and goal. Coggin was called upon and he drilled an 18 yard field goal. The clock now read 2:01 and the Visitors lead 10-0.

Game Over!

Despite a nice kick return, the defense was not in a giving mood. The D shut the door; the O ran out the clock. And a big road win was in the book.

District 21-4A Games

C.E. King 36 Forest Brook 6

Galena Park 49 Huffman-Hargrave 7

New Caney vs Smiley

Well it wasn't a great game offensivly but I think Crosby was just wating for the deep pass to mason. There safety was cheating every play to him. And not to start an argument we did throw the ball to mason more than 2. I know on the drive for the field goal to ice it we threw it deep and Blake throw it down the sidelines and mason cut in. The thing that I was glad to see is we played turnover free and played the clock and field postion game when our d was dominating. I am just glad to get the victory.

Well it wasn't a great game offensivly but I think Crosby was just wating for the deep pass to mason. There safety was cheating every play to him. And not to start an argument we did throw the ball to mason more than 2. I know on the drive for the field goal to ice it we threw it deep and Blake throw it down the sidelines and mason cut in. The thing that I was glad to see is we played turnover free and played the clock and field postion game when our d was dominating. I am just glad to get the victory.

Bearkat, how many half grown corners and safeties have you seen stop him yet, single or double coverage? (Hey Jody, no offense on the size remark OK)

It looked to me that everytime we got something going we would have a bad snap and lose a down. We could have put the game away in the first half if it wasn't for the bad snaps and mishandled snaps.

Now the play calling sucked. Ny son's flag football coach calls better plays. We could have passed on them all night but instead they decided to run the ball. Which I know they were trying to control the clock which is fine but you have to spread it out or they will wait on you because they know your are not going to throw the ball.

Come on I hope when they watch the film today there not just crituge the players but the play calling too.

I never said in my statement that anyone stopped Mason. I am reading my statement and trying to understand where I said we didnt need to get the ball to mason. I think we need to but I also wonder to how many of the 15 bad snaps we were trying to throw the ball down the field. But hey I am just happy we are 2-0 in district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kakiri550
    Newest Member
    kakiri550

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics