District 19-4A Boys Playoff Scenarios

Guest GCMPats

Guest GCMPats
District 19-4A boys

With only two district games remaining for girls and four for boys, GCM’s boys are the lone Baytown UIL team ranked as high as fourth place, the minimum requirement to make the playoffs, and even there, the Patriots would lose out on a tiebreaker if the season ended immediately.

But it doesn’t and coach Jeff Keener’s team has a chance to make a statement tonight when GCM hosts Barbers Hill, the team it is tied with in fourth place.

Now Barbers Hill has a pretty rich basketball history, but this has been a rough district season for the Eagles while at the same time being an encouraging one for the second-year Patriots.

Both teams are tied with 4-6 records in District 19-4A. C.E. King and Kingwood Park are tied for first place at 9-1, having already secured their playoff berths. Ditto for third-place Galena Park, which is 8-2.

After tonight’s 7:30 p.m. matchup, GCM will have games remaining at Galena Park Tuesday, at home to C.E. King Feb. 12 and at Kingwood Park Feb. 16, basically a trip through the league’s murderers’ row.

Coach Nathan Toon’s boys still have to play host to Dayton Tuesday, then travel to sixth-place Crosby Feb. 12 and host last-place North Forest Feb. 16.

(Baytown Sun)

[quote name="GCMPats" post="755448" timestamp="1265377289"]
District 19-4A boys

With only two district games remaining for girls and four for boys, GCM’s boys are the lone Baytown UIL team ranked as high as fourth place, the minimum requirement to make the playoffs, and even there, the Patriots would lose out on a tiebreaker if the season ended immediately.

But it doesn’t and coach Jeff Keener’s team has a chance to make a statement tonight when GCM hosts Barbers Hill, the team it is tied with in fourth place.

[color=red][b]Now Barbers Hill has a pretty rich basketball history[/b][/color], but this has been a rough district season for the Eagles while at the same time being an encouraging one for the second-year Patriots.

Both teams are tied with 4-6 records in District 19-4A. C.E. King and Kingwood Park are tied for first place at 9-1, having already secured their playoff berths. Ditto for third-place Galena Park, which is 8-2.

After tonight’s 7:30 p.m. matchup, GCM will have games remaining at Galena Park Tuesday, at home to C.E. King Feb. 12 and at Kingwood Park Feb. 16, basically a trip through the league’s murderers’ row.

Coach Nathan Toon’s boys still have to play host to Dayton Tuesday, then travel to sixth-place Crosby Feb. 12 and host last-place North Forest Feb. 16.

(Baytown Sun)
[/quote]

Exactly what is the rich basketball history? ??? ???

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="bballer" post="757304" timestamp="1265701125"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=65665.msg755448#msg755448 date=1265377289]
District 19-4A boys

[color=red][b]Now Barbers Hill has a pretty rich basketball history[/b][/color], but this has been a rough district season for the Eagles while at the same time being an encouraging one for the second-year Patriots.

(Baytown Sun)
[/quote]

[/quote]

You have to remember that this article is from the Baytown Sun. If they get 50% of their information correct in ANY article, we consider it a success. (I think they are talking about the girl's program.)

[quote name="GCMPats" post="757323" timestamp="1265721700"]
[quote author=bballer link=topic=65665.msg757304#msg757304 date=1265701125]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=65665.msg755448#msg755448 date=1265377289]
District 19-4A boys

(Baytown Sun)
[/quote]

[/quote]

You have to remember that this article is from the Baytown Sun. If they get 50% of their information correct in ANY article, we consider it a success. (I think they are talking about the girl's program.)
[/quote]

I thought he was either talking about the girls program or "rich" as in nice uniforms and gym. ;D

I would agree w/ Buddy09. I just about spit my coffee up when I saw that.  I would assume they are talking about the girls team or the BHISD.  Both are rich in history.  The boys have had their moments, but I wouldn't throw them in the "rich" history class.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124