Who will take 23- 1A

Alot of people are forgetting the fact that chester only lost 2 starters which were a third basemen and an outfielder. which is easily replaced. They still have barnes and sturrock pitching both in the mid 80's this year as seniors, (which they threw incredibly well last year.) also a freshman that is throwing high 80's and can smash a ball as well. I would have to go with the jackets taking district again this year if they can stay disciplined on the field.

[quote name="Chester#88" post="768353" timestamp="1267398038"]
Alot of people are forgetting the fact that chester only lost 2 starters which were a third basemen and an outfielder. which is easily replaced. They still have barnes and sturrock pitching both in the mid 80's this year as seniors, (which they threw incredibly well last year.) also a freshman that is throwing high 80's and can smash a ball as well. I would have to go with the jackets taking district again this year if they can stay disciplined on the field.
[/quote]

What he said!  ;D

The freshman may throw that hard but the other two throw high 70's may top out at 81-82. They do not throw in the mid 80's. Chester has a great chance to win district, one game at a time though. Agreed with the discipline part, if they r discipline they have a shot to make a run in the playoffs.

[quote name="HBP" post="768592" timestamp="1267458225"]
The freshman may throw that hard but the other two throw high 70's may top out at 81-82. They do not throw in the mid 80's. Chester has a great chance to win district, one game at a time though. Agreed with the discipline part, if they r discipline they have a shot to make a run in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Probably a fair statement. The two seniors have been fairly consistent though. They also have the availability of a lefty in Neal if they need him on the mound. I also think that sophomore Hubert can pitch when needed and do well. Desire, unity, and discipline will determine how far the team goes. Depth will not be the problem.

I think they will do well.  

• 2 weeks later...
It will be a toss up... west sabine, chester, and colmesneil... although many people think chester will take it, and they probably will, the will lose out in the first round because they have no talent.  The only reason they will win district is because the other teams will be rebuilding this year and next.  Would not want be a coach at chester next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124