District 22-3 race?

Guest jhamilton

Guest jhamilton
Ok fellers about that time of year again and what up in our neck of the woods? I do not know who has what coming back other than Huffman should be ok bc have some pretty good kids coming back. What about the other teams? Can you smell that leather?

should be interesting to see how it shapes up, huffman definitely is the more "known" factor with alot of good pitching returning but you never know how the "staffs" of the other players in the district have shaped up since last year, anybody have any insight on that? i suppose thats the most important aspect because baseball is the sport where one player at that position really can dominate a game, so what do teams in 22 have?

• 3 weeks later...
Tarkington has some ok players and one pretty good player a short stop i think. But it will be hard for them to even make playoffs they have no pitching at all. their best pitcher is probably a junior and he throws high 70's low 80's on a good day

[quote name="slappy09" post="771938" timestamp="1267851699"]
Tarkington has some ok players and one pretty good player a short stop i think. But it will be hard for them to even make playoffs they have no pitching at all. their best pitcher is probably a junior and he throws high 70's low 80's on a good day
[/quote]

do what?  :o they made the playoffs last year and unless i'm missing something only lost one pitcher, a lefty, so they have no left hand pitching (does it really matter?) and nobody last year was a flame thrower. i'd take a player that can PITCH 70's and 80's over a guy that just THROWS hard, velocity is nice but movement and hitting spots can be very effective, just like homeruns are nice but you can win alot of games without 'em. i'm not saying they're a shoe-in, alot depends on the competition obviously....the real question is will they hit?

don't they have several all district position players returning? alot of baseball before district so we'll see how it plays out..

do what?  :o they made the playoffs last year and unless i'm missing something only lost one pitcher, a lefty, so they have no left hand pitching (does it really matter?) and nobody last year was a flame thrower. i'd take a player that can PITCH 70's and 80's over a guy that just THROWS hard, velocity is nice but movement and hitting spots can be very effective, just like homeruns are nice but you can win alot of games without 'em. i'm not saying they're a shoe-in, alot depends on the competition obviously....the real question is will they hit?

don't they have several all district position players returning? alot of baseball before district so we'll see how it plays out..
[/quote] 

Yes I agree scooby but Tarkington does not have that pitcher that can hit spots and If I remember correctly he is a righty with a sub-par curve ball and a flat change up that he could not throw for a strike. Splendora, Liberty, Tarkington will all be close.

Guest jhamilton
Saw Huffman play Humble (which is not a good benchmark) today and the looked ok. Hard to tell how good Huffman is bc lack of competion this weekend. They should win the district but will see as the season goes on.

Guest jhamilton
After watching the Falcons for the second time tonight they are going to be tough to be in this district. They have some young pitching and strong up the middle. This team is going to be a really good team over the next two to three years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami