Monday April 12 C.E. King* Sheldon 7:00
Friday April 16 Kingwood Park* Barbers Hill 7:00
Tuesday April 20 Memorial* Baytown 7:00
Friday April 23 Dayton* Barbers Hill 7:00
Monday April 26 Crosby* Crosby 7:00
Friday April 30 North Forest* Barbers Hill 7:00

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="BHFAN" post="749753" timestamp="1264528695"]
Anyone have a scouting report for this years team?? It would seem that we are in a rebuilding year, but I hear that we have a lot of young talent to build on.
[/quote]

Saw them play this past weekend. You guys will have some growing pains early this year with all the young guys playing. You will need those Sr's (Blayne McDonald and Tyler Lyday especially) to lead by example and pick up the younger players. Grayson Long (soph) is a tall, lanky kid with a lot of upside. Tyler Beasley (fresh) has all the tools and plays with a lot of poise for his age. Preston Townley is built like a 18 yr old. Lots of good looking athletes.

Pitching will tell the tale. No matter what people say, there is a big jump from JV to Varsity. My advice, for what it's worth, is to hang on and be patient. Let them get their sea legs.  See y'all March 26th.

Guest rambleonus
You never know what is going to happen by the time district rolls around. Last year was fun in 19-4A with 5 teams being tied in the middle of the season. BH should be in the playoff hunt. Question is how strong did GCM get. I hear they have some move ins that could make the difference. KP will be the same only 1 year older. I don't expect much change. I just hope the bats get stronger.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="749783" timestamp="1264531022"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=65037.msg749753#msg749753 date=1264528695]
Anyone have a scouting report for this years team?? It would seem that we are in a rebuilding year, but I hear that we have a lot of young talent to build on.
[/quote]

Saw them play this past weekend. You guys will have some growing pains early this year with all the young guys playing. You will need those Sr's (Blayne McDonald and Tyler Lyday especially) to lead by example and pick up the younger players. Grayson Long (soph) is a tall, lanky kid with a lot of upside. Tyler Beasley (fresh) has all the tools and plays with a lot of poise for his age. Preston Townley is built like a 18 yr old. Lots of good looking athletes.

Pitching will tell the tale. No matter what people say, there is a big jump from JV to Varsity. My advice, for what it's worth, is to hang on and be patient. Let them get their sea legs.  See y'all March 26th.
[/quote]

Pitching will certainly tell the tale this year for BH. Losing Michael Bounds to another ACL injury isn't a good start.  >:(

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="4x4tx" post="753182" timestamp="1265054871"]
Is beasley going to be on varsity?
[/quote]

Most likely. He caught the majority of the innings when I saw them a few weekends ago.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="GCMPats" post="754056" timestamp="1265147298"]
[quote author=4x4tx link=topic=65037.msg753432#msg753432 date=1265077306]
wait till tomorrow   :o
[/quote]

Ok. We're still waiting......
[/quote]

Well??????

Who are going to be the hitters or have the sticks this year ? Lyday had a monster HR and so did Mitchell a couple of weeks ago. McDonald, Bonnin and Thompson hit the ball really well. There did seem to be a few holes that need to be filled in the batting order, but the season is just getting started and everyone is a little rusty.  Lyday is the only proven hitter at varsity level on the team, so it will be interesting to see who else steps up. Any thoughts on how we may hit this year ?

I have heard rumor, if it is true which I don't see it happening.  I heard it was acedemic reasons.  That would be a blow to BH in the future, I think Thompson can go in and do a great for the next three years, it just cuts the depth  and I do not know who would catch when Thompson pitches, and Beasly is a great behind the plate, so lets hope that will not happen.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="GeeGanderdad" post="754939" timestamp="1265257950"]
T. Beasley on his way to B.C.A. to be a bulldog,someone please tell me what is going on in THE HILL.....
[/quote]

Not a shocker. He's related to Coach Johnson at BCA. I've heard some of the rumors, won't speculate on that kind of stuff.

[quote name="BH0088" post="754972" timestamp="1265288818"]

I have heard rumor, if it is true which I don't see it happening.  I heard it was acedemic reasons.  That would be a blow to BH in the future, I think Thompson can go in and do a great for the next three years, it just cuts the depth  and I do not know who would catch when Thompson pitches, and Beasly is a great behind the plate, so lets hope that will not happen.
[/quote]

I think he starts today.

Whatever the reason, this is not good for BH, but you have to do what is in the best interest of the kids, so I'm sure this was done.  If this is true, good luck to him.  I'm sure we will be reading about this kid as he moves on to the next level. 

[quote name="GeeGanderdad" post="754939" timestamp="1265257950"]
T. Beasley on his way to B.C.A. to be a bulldog,someone please tell me what is going on in THE HILL.....
[/quote]

Well gcm that was what i heard as well..but coming from inside sources last I heard things didnt work out and he will stay at BH...unless something has changed in the past 24 hrs.....

And btw, Tyler is not related to Kade.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="4x4tx" post="755496" timestamp="1265383049"]
[quote author=GeeGanderdad link=topic=65037.msg754939#msg754939 date=1265257950]
[/quote]

Well gcm that was what i heard as well..but coming from inside sources last I heard things didnt work out and he will stay at BH...unless something has changed in the past 24 hrs.....

And btw, Tyler is not related to Kade.
[/quote]

I must have misunderstood then. I thought his dad said they were related to Kade's wife in some capicity.
Oh well. Where ever he plays, he'll be one to watch for in a few years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder