Suggestions for mercy rule

if i were a coach i wldnt agree to any mercy rule in any sports. as a player sports taught me a true life lesson. Work hard for good results and sometimes although you have worked hard....there still may be someone better that you....if you want to be the best out work everyone else. the mercy rule may still prove to the winning team that hard work pays off but what about the loosing team what do they learn besides the fact that when things get tough it is a system in place to bail them out.....That is a fairy tale life. all of theese post have been about coach wise and the yates team. Im curious to know what the team that lost has been up to. Im sure non of them have quit the team but more than likely they have hit the gym and practiced harder. Alot of people may not agree but thats the way i see it. I can remember my coaches telling me to give it my all until i got back on the bus and i knew if i gave everything i had and after the game if i was too tired to walk to that bus.....they wld carry me. now all a coach wld be able to tell his/her players is to give it your all only until the mercy rule begins....then afterward play down to the other team.

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="kING TUT" post="742213" timestamp="1263236733"]
the mercy rule may still prove to the winning team that hard work pays off but what about the loosing team what do they learn besides the fact that when things get tough it is a system in place to bail them out.....That is a fairy tale life.
[/quote]

A mercy rule would not bail them out. It would just stop the pounding. Also there are differences in talent, not just work ethic.

this isnt pro boxing we are talking about here....this is highschool sports. you were right when you said hard work alone doesnt win games. Its true athletic ability is need too. but why shld we fault the kids who have more athletic ability than others......It takes some natural abilities to be a brain surgent as well. shld we put a mercy rule into the medical business and say once a doctor has so many patients he has to stop his practice....i wld sure hate to be the patient on the other side of the mercy rule.

Guest Two-Dogs...
Fortunately high school basketball is not a life and death situation like most brain surgery.

So I guess if two kids get into a fight, one very athletic and strong and one not so much, we should not stop the fight but just let the bigger stronger kid wail on the weaker kid until he is seriously injured or dead? or for that matter why have rules to stop people from taking advantage of size in any situation? Just let the big and the stronger folks do what they want. so you can go to the movies and if someone who is bigger and stronger can kick your butt and take your money then thats just fine because its a life lesson. Come on man, athletics is about learning. Lose with dignity and win with class. from what I can see there was neither in a ball game that ended 170-35.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami