Best Place to Buy a Rifle

I"m trying to find my son a rifle for Christmas.

Would like to get him a 7mm-08.  I feel that he will be able to shoot it for a long time.  He is now 11 years old and has been shooting a sweet little .243 Remington Mohawk.  However I have two sons, the other is 8yrs old and I have to constantly juggle the gun back and forth between the two boys.  My other rifles are a Remington 30-06 7400 Automatic, a Winchester .270 Bolt Action, a Winchester Model 94 30-30 , and a Ruger 7mm Mag. 

I was going to put him with the 30-06 since its an automatic and he would not have to fidget with it much in the stand. (He will be hunting by himself next year).  That gun kicks just a little hard for him though.  The .270 would be fine except its a little long.  The 7mm Mag is out and the 30-30 is just not what I want for him. 

Plus, I really want him to have a rifle he can call his own.

I've tried Academy and can't get waited on.  They have a Stevens model but it is in that nasty looking tan colored synthetic material.  I like the black but can't stand the tan.

Any ideas on a good place to find one?  I'm not totally opposed to a used gun as long as it isnt beat up.  Also looking to spend no more than $300.00. 

Any help???????????????

Weatherby has deal right now called the Weatherby 399. It's the synthetic Vanguard in Almost any caliber you would be interested in and I believe that includes the 7-08. Yep just verified it does come in the 7mm-08.

He will have that gun a long time.

Bear i just did a recon mission for you and found a Stevens in 7mm-08 for 199.00 brand new list price was 279.00. Yes it is ugly (tan) but I was suprised by the reviews on this gun. It is nothing to look at and feels light but the reviews where pretty good. Let me know if you want more information. I live in Beaumont and the gun is in Houston a few blocks from where I work.

I got a Marlin Youth model 7mm-08 at Academy for $289.00 

They finally got two in and I got one of them.  Its black and looks and feels great. 

Wish I could have found a wood grain but I'll try later if and when I ever buy him another. 

I'm sure he's about to have the Christmas of his young little life.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="sitsinstands" post="739589" timestamp="1262826724"]
i have found out the best place to buy guns is at a gun store thats my opinion
[/quote]

It is if you are wanting to pay the premium of the small shops.... if they can be found locally.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124