Dayton Next Year?

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="732616" timestamp="1261153500"]
Come on guys its not all coaching thats led to Dayton's success..On one other post there was a list of kids that Dayton has put in the college ranks..Thats a lot of talent that has come through Dayton HS...I can only think of maybe 2 kids from Crosby in the last 5 years with D-1 or D-1AA talent,Baylor & UTEP....[b]It has more to do with talent...[/b][/quote]

It has a lot to do with it.... not so sure it is more to do with talent than coaching though.

dayton put players in college before the days of Stewart, but rarely put TEAMS in the playoffs.

Quit talking about the past and stick to the present. Crosby beat Dayton 28-0 this year. Better luck next year. Merka will be back to kick some bronco a$$ ! Oh and by the way he will be at a D1 college when he graduates , and he will do great. He has what it takes (HEART) to excell in college football .

I think your right, Merka should do well in college. Crosbys lack of players playing at the next level has alot to do with coaching. If your not that good as a team then individual atheletes don't get alot of attention. 28-0 this year over Dayton might have gotten Merka a few extra looks. Anyway, enjoy your one win per decade because next year you won't be so lucky. It won't matter that Merka is still there, the broncos would take y'all to the woodshed 9 out of 10 games. That's alot of beatdowns.  ;D

[quote name="cougars08" post="732979" timestamp="1261198534"]
Quit talking about the past and stick to the present. Crosby beat Dayton 28-0 this year. Better luck next year. Merka will be back to kick some bronco a$$ ! Oh and by the way he will be at a D1 college when he graduates , and he will do great. He has what it takes (HEART) to excell in college football .
[/quote]  Start your own thread about Crosby and get off ours ! I don't hear you bragging about the beat down Ennis gave you this year!

[quote name="Grievous" post="732571" timestamp="1261149733"]
I totally agree old wildcat.  Facts and logic are way overrated.

[/quote]

I guess it doesn't take "book learnin'" to kick Crosby's a** for a decade...

Plus...judging by the spelling on several of the cougar faithful's posts, they could learn a few things from the Dayton kids

Enjoy your holiday, pussycats

[u]Quit talking about the past and stick to the present.[/u] Crosby beat Dayton 28-0 this year. Better luck next year. Merka will be back to kick some bronco a$$ ! Oh and by the way he will be at a D1 college when he graduates , and he will do great. He has what it takes (HEART) to excell in college football .
[/quote]

We will see who keeps bringing up the past in the next 10 years when its" i remember back in 09 we beat them Bronco's"... your
teams a joke,it was a fluke and i just wish i wasnt a senior this season!

Hey, here's an idea....maybe Crosby should try to schedule Brenham in the next year or 2.  I heard something about D1 recruits, good coaching and success.  I've seen Crosby and while they're not a bad football team, they're no where near the level of Brenham or Dayton in any of those 3 categories.  Look at the recent resumes of the 3.  Dayton and Brenham have both made deep playoff runs lately, including both teams making appearances in the state championship.  Crosby is good, but not on that level.  Ya, Crosby beat Dayton 28-0, but the post season is alot more important and it's where Crosby always falls short and Brenham and Dayton shine.  A big part of this is prolly coaching.  While Crosby has some D1 talent, it's not much as Brenham or Dayton.  Not even close.  I know Merka is yalls star, but if Brenham plays Crosby next year, we have a defense that is full of D1 talent, that will make him look like a fish out of water.  Both OLB's are D1 sophomores, we have a D1 CB who is a junior and by the end of the offseason, Malcolm Brown will prolly be on the D1 list as well.  Pretty good on offense too, as we will have D1 talent in, Ty Schlottmann, Troy Green and I'm sure you've heard of Derek Edwards?  Hopefully we will get to play y'all next year, but y'all are going to have to step it up or else get use to seeing Brenham vs Dayton in the region 3 championship.     

[quote name="Backflipper" post="733976" timestamp="1261429228"]
Are you kidding? Crosby wont schedule Brenham or Dayton unless they get unlucky and get Dayton back in district. I kinda hope that Dayton and Crosby are in different districts because it sure makes alot of fun to beat the (insert four letter word here) out of them in the first round of the playoffs.
[/quote]

Lol  Your prolly right.  That would be penciling in an early loss for them.  It would help them get use to what they will see in the playoffs.  That's what we do, schedule somebody like 5A Lamar.  It would help them out.

[/quote]
lol r u serious dude? what the heck would merka do? hold pats? he cant throw for crap he can just run. he is not the best junior qb that ive seen i.e Ty Schlottman(brenham), Garret Gilbert(LT).

If he is not a QB he would be going to SFA..I don't see SFA on list below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 16, 2009

Jeremiah Glenn
PurpleMenace.com Staff Writer

Talk about it in Hell's Half Acre
At 6'4" and 205 pounds, Dominic Merka out of Crosby, TX sure looks the part. Possessing a big arm and the skill set of a top flight quarterback, Merka is poised to make a lot of noise during his senior year. PurpleMenace.Com caught up with the young signal caller to get his thoughts on the early stages of the recruiting process.

Merka is drawing interest from TCU and others
"It's going pretty well right now" said Merka. "I'm hearing from mostly Big 12 schools and then TCU and Houston are sending me letters and stuff like that."

With letters pouring in from schools throughout the Southwest, the Crosby, TX native looks like he'll be in high demand. Although he has yet to receive an offer, the talented Texan is hearing from some of the top teams in the region. Baylor, Texas A&M, Kansas, TCU, LSU, Houston and others are working hard to get their foot in the door but Merka seems to be in no hurry to immerse himself in the waters of the recruiting game just yet.

"I don't have any offers yet so it's kind of hard to say what I'm looking for in a school" explained Merka. "Once I start getting offers I'll know more what I'm looking for. I really don't know what I'm going to study or anything like that so I don't know which schools I'm going to focus on."

One school that may have caught his eye is TCU. Merka was on campus at TCU for a camp this past summer but he didn't get to see much of the Horned Frog campus. After displaying his talents on the TCU practice fields for everyone in attendance, merka took a minute to browse around just a bit.

"I walked around a little after the camp" he said. "I walked over and looked at the stadium and looked around the campus a little but the coaches weren't with me so I didn't see that much."

While it's still early in the process for Merka, he saw enough at TCU to interest him. So does he plan on visiting TCU again in the future? Only time will tell but he's definitely one to keep an eye on. Stay logged on to PurpleMenace.Com to follow Merka's recruitment and for the most up to date recruiting information available in the country.

TCU may be a good fit but with all of their success lately I bet they can recruit alot better QB then Merka. Houston is a passing team and would not be a good fit either. Maybe Kansas or Baylor would be better fits. LSU would be the place that I would be focusing on if I were Merka but I doubt that he will get an offer and they have a bunch of talent over there that he would have to beat out. If he gets an offer to A&M he better jump on it.

[quote name="Backflipper" post="734298" timestamp="1261519677"]
TCU may be a good fit but with all of their success lately I bet they can recruit alot better QB then Merka. Houston is a passing team and would not be a good fit either. Maybe Kansas or Baylor would be better fits. LSU would be the place that I would be focusing on if I were Merka but I doubt that he will get an offer and they have a bunch of talent over there that he would have to beat out. If he gets an offer to A&M he better jump on it.
[/quote]

From what i hear TCU wants him bigtime...Prolly be the first to offer....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont