Re: Kerrville VS. Brenham Sat 12/12/09 1:00 PM @ Bernard Birkelbach Stadium

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="725703" timestamp="1260205779"]
If Tivy's sportsmanship and conduct is as bad as I hear it is, our boys will probably feed off of that and use it as motivation.  If we can slow Manziel down, I think we'll run away with this one.  If not, it will be close.  Thanks for the support.
[/quote]

TFND, TFND - Tivy Fight Never Dies....ok it's a ridiculous motto but whatever.  That was a heated game last year and we talked a bunch of smack in this forum.  I don't recall them playing dirty or talking any more/less junk on the field.  There was a lot of name-calling after the game from their side but I associated it more with crybabies than anything else.  I do remember the scuffle on the way into halftime but wasn't aware and really didn't care what caused it.

As for their team, you pretty much got a sneak preview.  They run basically the same offense as Dayton with about the same size of players.  Their defense is suspect and can be had.  QB is good and a dual threat.  They are not as fast as the teams you've already played but they are tough to tackle. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bronco pride" post="725919" timestamp="1260224502"]
I guess that Stewart never makes mistakes. Didnt say he wasnt a good coach but if you really beleive Herrera is the better choice at QB then you dont know anything about football. In a football game when its crunch time you put the ball in your best players hand. Payton touched the ball 10 times in the game and scored 3 of them. I have been to every game for the last 10 years and will always be a bronco fan and this was the worst decision i have seen. The past 2 years we got beat by the better team. This year I put it on Stewart. Sorry.
[/quote]

I bet if you drive to the school and find Coach Stewart he would be glad to discuss these issues with you. In fact I know he would be glad to address some of your concerns. But. I for one don't care hear anymore of your senseless rambling, If you've watched every game for the last ten years then you know you are wrong.

Saw some film of Tivy, they looked fast but not near as fast as Diggs down in Angleton, Johnny Manziel is definitely the key to their offense, but he can throw the ball, and spreads it around, which is a little different from Diggs. Going to be a pretty big difference on the line of scrimmage, as far as size, looks like the Cubs bring their "A" game, and things will go well. I'd like to see that secondary tested deep a lot, they look questionable. Looks like they like to stunt the interior a lot, quick slats and crossing routes should be something to look at. The Cubs have been definite tested last week on smash mouth 101, and Kerrville may or may not have the mouth part, but didn't see a lot a smash. Maybe it's just a region three thing to unload on the receivers, because I guarantee this year there was some heavy hitting going on from all parties in Reg III. O-Line does their job Schlottman could have a career day. We'll see what happens....

Look what I found an a San Antonio forum-

Tivy and AH prove time and again that superior coaching beats superior players and talent. If the game was closer to here, I'd be there cheering on Tivy. I will be cheering for Tivy in spirit. Tivy and AH coaches are the best and their deep playoff runs prove it. Go Tivy! You guys have the most important ingredient that your opponents don't - a great coach and coaching staff. TFND!

G

LMAO.  I guess he's in for a rude awakening Saturday after the game starts and he relizes that our coaching isn't too bad.

[quote name="friogal" post="726610" timestamp="1260317785"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=63417.msg726590#msg726590 date=1260315396]
Look what I found an a San Antonio forum-
[/quote]

Yep....very familiar with that forum...remember it well  ;D
[/quote]

Looks like this is going to be an interesting week.  "Brenham Fight Never Dies"

Tivy is a very good football team. Not sure how this years team compares to last, but they were very good last year with Manziel a year younger. A very good offense with big play ability. They mix it up really well. Actually, both offenses are similar. They play some 5A teams early in their schedule so don't read too much into the 4 losses.

As far as the trash talking, most of that was done by a couple of over zealous fans that got on here. I honestly don't believe they represent the whole town of Kerrville. I seem to remember more bad mouthing after the game on this forum than before. That's when the "stealing and thugs" type comments came out referring to A. J.'s strip of a receiver. It must have been a bitter loss for them to take because of that play and the winning field goal, but there was no excuse for those (few) fans to act like that.

Good Luck Brenham! Take it to em! Brenham vs. Denison in San Antonio!

Yeah I looked at there losses as well as their films. They lost to two 5A teams, but the loss to San Marcos (4A) was a bit remarkable. San Marcos was 3-7, that was a bit puzzling, but they were run all over by San Marcos, that got nearly 450 yards on the ground. They were beaten soundly, by physically bigger team, that is not near the size of Brenham. And San Marcos hasn't got nearly the LBs that Brenham does, they were just physically bullied not beaten with a better game plan. Intresting......

We've played 2 5A games this year too.  We won one of them, but the other was scheduled as a Friday night home game, but due to bad weather it was cancelled.  Saturday morning they decided to play, but Lamar would only play if it was at their home stadium.  We drove to Houston and played on 4 hours notice, but we looked dead and like nobody cared about the game and we lost.  We play every year and it's always a good game that goes back and forth.  Coach West said he wouldn't have agreed to those terms and played, but we had a bye the next week and opened district with Montgomery the next week.  He didn't want us to be rusty going into district...My point is, we play 2 5A teams a year and we usually beat both of them or it's a really good game.  If your this far in the playoffs, you should be able to beat 5A teams.  Is the 4A title game in the Alamodome too or just 5A?

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="726894" timestamp="1260370316"]
Yeah I looked at there losses as well as their films. They lost to two 5A teams, but the loss to San Marcos (4A) was a bit remarkable. San Marcos was 3-7, that was a bit puzzling, but they were run all over by San Marcos, that got nearly 450 yards on the ground. They were beaten soundly, by physically bigger team, that is not near the size of Brenham. And San Marcos hasn't got nearly the LBs that Brenham does, they were just physically bullied not beaten with a better game plan. Intresting......
[/quote]

San Marcos is a good team in a tough district. Four of their losses were from teams in 27 4a. Steele, Alamo Heights which gave Lake Travis all they could handle. Tivy which is still in it and Clemens which lost to a good McCallum team. In this district I beleive that any of these teams can beat each other at any given time. Tivy is a very good team and so is Brenham. I expect a real battle on Saturday.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="726963" timestamp="1260378162"]
We've played 2 5A games this year too.  We won one of them, but the other was scheduled as a Friday night home game, but due to bad weather it was cancelled.  Saturday morning they decided to play, but Lamar would only play if it was at their home stadium.  We drove to Houston and played on 4 hours notice, but we looked dead and like nobody cared about the game and we lost.  We play every year and it's always a good game that goes back and forth.  Coach West said he wouldn't have agreed to those terms and played, but we had a bye the next week and opened district with Montgomery the next week.  He didn't want us to be rusty going into district...My point is, we play 2 5A teams a year and we usually beat both of them or it's a really good game.  If your this far in the playoffs, you should be able to beat 5A teams.  [u][b]Is the 4A title game in the Alamodome[/b][/u] too or just 5A?
[/quote]

Not sure where it is this year, but that is where it was last year  :P

WOW!!! What a game....I have ties to both places...good ties in Brenham...thanks to Prairie View A &M,
and a great visit out to TIVY high school..what a nice campus!!!

My heart goes with Brenham, but TIVY is tough and they are mad about going home early Last year...

TIVY 37
Brenham 35....I hope I am wrong

[quote name="triskaideka" post="727114" timestamp="1260389747"]
WOW!!! What a game....I have ties to both places...good ties in Brenham...thanks to Prairie View A &M,

My heart goes with Brenham, but TIVY is tough and they are mad about going home early Last year...

TIVY 37
[/quote]

If them going home early last year worries you, it shouldn't we went home a round before they did and were every bit as hungry as they are.  This is our 5th trip to the semis and we've only been to the championship once, so we know how disapointing it is to come this far and leave with nothing but dreams of what could have been.

2009-2010 UIL Football Manual   page: 61-62

Site of the Game
All Potential neutral and home sites (town and stadium) should be designated prior to any coin toss.

Guidelines

Neutral Sites are sites that are approximately mid-distance from the two schools involved or a site or sites the two schools involved agree to designate as a neutral site or sites.

Home Sites are those sites near the home school selected by the two schools involved OR the actual home playing field.
A stadium selected as the home site, other than the actual home field, should not be an unreasonable distance from the visiting school’s home stadium.

Example
San Antonio and Dallas have not met in the playoffs for the past 2 years (2007 and 2008):
Step 1: Designate potential sites. San Antonio: Belton-neutral; Alamo Stadium-home. Dallas: Temple-neutral; Cotton Bowl-home.
Step 2: Flip for type of site (either neutral or home and home).
Heads for home and home.
Tails for neutral.
Comes up heads.
Step 3: Flip to see who wins home.
Dallas calls tails for home.
San Antonio calls heads for home.
Comes up tails.
Game is played at the Cotton Bowl as the Dallas home site.

If say Aledo/Denison wins the coin flip it could be in Cowboy Stadium I guess. Or if Brenham/Kerrville wins the flip it would be in the Alamodome.

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="727164" timestamp="1260392964"]
2009-2010 UIL Football Manual   page: 61-62

Site of the Game
All Potential neutral and home sites (town and stadium) should be designated prior to any coin toss.

Guidelines

Neutral Sites are sites that are approximately mid-distance from the two schools involved or a site or sites the two schools involved agree to designate as a neutral site or sites.

Home Sites are those sites near the home school selected by the two schools involved OR the actual home playing field.
A stadium selected as the home site, other than the actual home field, should not be an unreasonable distance from the visiting school’s home stadium.

Example
San Antonio and Dallas have not met in the playoffs for the past 2 years (2007 and 2008):
Step 1: Designate potential sites. San Antonio: Belton-neutral; Alamo Stadium-home. Dallas: Temple-neutral; Cotton Bowl-home.
Step 2: Flip for type of site (either neutral or home and home).
Heads for home and home.
Tails for neutral.
Comes up heads.
Step 3: Flip to see who wins home.
Dallas calls tails for home.
San Antonio calls heads for home.
Comes up tails.
Game is played at the Cotton Bowl as the Dallas home site.

If say Aledo/Denison wins the coin flip it could be in Cowboy Stadium I guess. Or if Brenham/Kerrville wins the flip it would be in the Alamodome.
[/quote]

Aren't both 5A finals already scheduled for the Alamodome on Saturday?  I think the only way a game would be played there would be on Friday night.  5A games are played at a pre-determined site (currently the Alamodome), but all other classifications use the same site selection method that is used throughout the playoffs - the coin flip!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="727153" timestamp="1260392019"]
[quote author=triskaideka link=topic=63417.msg727114#msg727114 date=1260389747]

TIVY 37
[/quote]

If them going home early last year worries you, it shouldn't we went home a round before they did and were every bit as hungry as they are.  This is our 5th trip to the semis and we've only been to the championship once, so we know how disapointing it is to come this far and leave with nothing but dreams of what could have been.
[/quote]

I HOPE SO!!!  I would really like to see you guys win....It would be great for the Town...which seems forgotten just because of it being East of Houston!! (and Katy)....GOOD LUCK!!

Well boys, time for some Friday walkthroughs, and get a good nights sleep. It's a little haul over to Georgetown, and time to get down to business. All the talking is over and may the best team win.

May the Lord watch over every young man on that field and spare him from injury, and watch over all the fans, and families traveling to the game, both to and from. We ask all this in the name of our one and only Savior Jesus Christ Amen.......

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="727946" timestamp="1260509744"]
Well boys, time for some Friday walkthroughs, and get a good nights sleep. It's a little haul over to Georgetown, and time to get down to business. All the talking is over and may the best team win.

May the Lord watch over every young man on that field and spare him from injury, and watch over all the fans, and families traveling to the game, both to and from. We ask all this in the name of our one and only Savior Jesus Christ Amen.......
[/quote]

Amen.  If anybody wants to listen to the Brenham game, I think it will be on KWHI.com

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476