Who is the Best Female soccer player in the Triangle?

rip2506

My list of potential canidates in NO particular order.

Madeline Horning(defense)
Aaron Strawser(midfield)
Yasmine Afshar (midfield)
Claire Dykeman (forward)
Layken Richard (defense)
Lauren Washburn (defense)
Zuri Prince (forward)
Chloe Chiasson (forward)
Natalie Hagar (forward)
Biannca Garza (keeper)
Bailey Fontenot (keeper)
Emily Hughes (midfield)
Caitlyn Stowe (forward)
Teilor Long (defense)
Nancy Alverez (forward)

let the debate begin :D

I know Brianna, she comes from a great soccer family. Just a GREAT family in general! Her mother was my assistant coach at U9. Kind of crazy Barbara new much more about the game than I did and I was the head coach.

Who is that All district  defender we are missing. Name em!

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="724455" timestamp="1260062358"]
Nt disputing her talent, but why would you include someone who is injured and out for the year?
[/quote]

Because she is that good! My bad I will add her to the list, the U17 team hopes to have her back in the Spring. Come on Nancy you can do it! Coincidentally, there are two other players on that list that are recovering from ACL reconstrutive surgery, but that does not diminish their talent and or what they have accomplished or added to the game of soccer. Not to mention what they mean to their teammates. Speedy recovery to all mentioned above and good health to ALL Golden Triangle soccer players.

After doing some long contemplation I have decided to take the bias out of my vote and answer the question myself in this fashion.

Who would the most talented girls in local soccer say was the Best female soccer player in the Golden Triangle.

I think if you would poll each school or club with girls who have many years of experience in Div 1 soccer, the majority vote would go to Yasmine Afshar.

She is a perfect Blend of Speed, agility, field presence. Her vision and intuition are ranked with the best player's boy or girl. Her first touch and dribbling skills could land her a starting role on any Div 1 premier level team in Houston. She is not playing premier or ODP level soccer, only because she has chosen not to. Lesson to the Parents: It's o.k. if your child decides not to want to pursue a career in soccer although we know they could. Ultimately it is there choice. That is one of the special things I admire about Claire Dykeman, she made the difficult decison to for go all the relationships she had established in soccer and follow HER goal to play the highest level soccer available to one of our kids.

So with that said Yasi #7 gets my vote.
You can come and watch Yasi do her thing Monday night at Kelly Stadium at 6:00pm as they host Barbe out of Lake Charles.
Go Dawgs.

[quote name="FriendswoodFan" post="724455" timestamp="1260062358"]
Nt disputing her talent, but why would you include someone who is injured and out for the year?
[/quote]

Because i honestly believe that she is one of the best players in the area.. She is only a junior, and unfortunately will more than likely miss alot of this year due to an ACL injury last year, but she still has one more year... and i believe without a doubt that she can go on to play college soccer... Very good athlete...

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="sharkstooth" post="734089" timestamp="1261448646"]
This is a very good list of players and all are deserving...and although most of these girls play on the same club team...I cant wait to see how they do playing against each other with their respective high school teams...should be interesting!!
[/quote]

I am anxious to see Kaitlyn Stowe after a full year of Div 1 soccer. She is going to be a beast!  You heard it from me first.  Well she was already a beast, she just sharpening her claws a bit. ;D

Sharkstooth, they do kind of enjoy playing against each other in high school soccer, and the spectators enjoy it, too.  Since Kelly is a pvt school, and the various public school teams they play for are different sizes, the best time to see this is in the preseason....The Kelly winter classic and the PNG tournament in January will be good opportunities.  I dont think West Brook's varsity is playing the PNG this year, but some of the other schools will be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83