Lamar VS Denver Updates.........LU Falls

LUFAN

[quote name="coachacola" post="722765" timestamp="1259843383"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=63292.msg722716#msg722716 date=1259815287]
::) ::) ::) You guys need a reality check. It's taking yall too long to admit what deep down you already suspect. ::)
[/quote]

I see, by your logic we shouldn't follow LU basketball because they're not very good now.  We all know you don't like LU basketball or Roc but doesn't mean we're not going to stop talking about them. 
[/quote]I like Roc. I go to LU games and cheer them on. I don't like yall's  pie-in-sky non gut check reality of the team (well some of you are guilty. ;)

Guest coachacola
Denver is normally a very good shooting team, especially from behind the arc, so you can either say Denver had an off night shooting or LU played good defense most of the game.  When LU was up by 8 in the 2nd half, Roc slowed down the offense and that's when Denver started getting back into the game.

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="722685" timestamp="1259812899"]
[font=Courier]I sense low interest in Lamar athletics as of late. Hopefully everyone is laying low for football. [/font]
[/quote]

I think you are right.  The basketball team has not given us anything to be excited about.  And the university just refuses to give us much info on the football plans including what the stadium will look like when finished.  I think this is bad PR and they are not doing anything to generate excitement.  It may be that, with the exception of turf and a new field house, there is really not much improvement to the stadium as it exists and they don't want to play that card yet.

Guest coachacola
[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="722886" timestamp="1259857731"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=63292.msg722685#msg722685 date=1259812899]
[font=Courier]I sense low interest in Lamar athletics as of late. Hopefully everyone is laying low for football. [/font]
[/quote]

I think you are right.  The basketball team has not given us anything to be excited about.  And the university just refuses to give us much info on the football plans including what the stadium will look like when finished.  I think this is bad PR and they are not doing anything to generate excitement.  It may be that, with the exception of turf and a new field house, there is really not much improvement to the stadium as it exists and they don't want to play that card yet.
[/quote]

I agree with you 100%.  The construction blog on LU's website hasn't been updated since Sept. 26th!  Three months ago I was told by the athletic department that they would release some drawings of the complex and stadium soon and they haven't shown us anything.

[quote name="coachacola" post="722893" timestamp="1259858387"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=63292.msg722886#msg722886 date=1259857731]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=63292.msg722685#msg722685 date=1259812899]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with you 100%.  The construction blog on LU's website hasn't been updated since Sept. 26th!  Three months ago I was told by the athletic department that they would release some drawings of the complex and stadium soon and they haven't shown us anything.
[/quote]I'm sure as it gets closer to the Fall the excitement will start up again.

Guest coachacola
[quote name="dub" post="723017" timestamp="1259870608"]
I am not sure after this if the Cards win ten games this year.
[/quote]

They'll win 10 games easily.  Their offense keeps slowly improving each game, but just like last night, they go through periods in a game where they just stink.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder