anybody else?

anybody else not seeing that many ducks in the nome china area over the rice fields??? we had a real good teal season and opening weekend, but since then we have just been killn two r three everytime we go, and acutally had three trips in a row when we didnt fire a shot... talk to a few more people in that are and its been the same for them.. maybe the split will bring more big birds down to the fields

[quote name="canecutter" post="722305" timestamp="1259771666"]
anybody else not seeing that many ducks in the nome china area over the rice fields??? we had a real good teal season and opening weekend, but since then we have just been killn two r three everytime we go, and acutally had three trips in a row when we didnt fire a shot... talk to a few more people in that are and its been the same for them.. maybe the split will bring more big birds down to the fields
[/quote]

The split should help, I heard yesterday that a big migration of Green wings is still north of us. If that is true the big ducks are behind them, this little run of cold weather ought to get'em down here.

[quote name="Vpbaseball#9" post="722417" timestamp="1259786953"]
Its been the same on our property..... Had a few more good hunt after opening weekend... This split was very well need and the timing was perfect with this front pushing more birds down
[/quote]
have yall kill anything besides teal?

Did a little weather map survey. The Dakotas are frozen, South Nebraska's highs will be below freezing starting Sunday 12/6 through Thursday 12/10. South Kansas high's will below freezing starting Monday 12/7 through Wednesday 12/9. I predict a good opener for the second half.

[quote name="bronco1" post="722797" timestamp="1259850141"]
Did a little weather map survey. The Dakotas are frozen, South Nebraska's highs will be below freezing starting Sunday 12/6 through Thursday 12/10. South Kansas high's will below freezing starting Monday 12/7 through Wednesday 12/9. I predict a good opener for the second half.
[/quote]

I hope so... It was pretty slow towards the end of the first split... I am ready too see the raise in the population like TPW said there was....

We hunt the Western edge of Cameron Parish in Louisiana. It is marshland and our season has SUCKED! Opening day we killed 3 ducks! I have been on several hunts so far where I did not fire a shot (including today and yesterday). We had some ducks on Tuesday just ahead of this last front, but since it pushed through with the rain tuesday night, the few ducks we had are gone. I sure hope this next blast is pushing more ducks, we sure as heck need them.

[quote name="roar!" post="726808" timestamp="1260334941"]
the fact that there is a lot of fresh water available doesn't help either...
[/quote]

This is true... Teal Usually like your freshwater... Now the big duck dont mind the salt water as much..... I believe this may have a factor in why we are seeing so many teal in the China area

[quote name="HJ-HECKLER2010" post="726914" timestamp="1260371327"]
ok boys i know where the birds are they are at the highisland bridge in the marsh on both sides of the intercoastal waterway
[/quote]

Hopefully those are new deposits of birds that just came down. Can't wait tilll Saturday morning.

[quote name="HJ-HECKLER2010" post="726914" timestamp="1260371327"]
ok boys i know where the birds are they are at the highisland bridge in the marsh on both sides of the intercoastal waterway
[/quote]

There are defentaly birds there.... But Shh dont tell everybody lol... Im seeing lot of birds (ducks and geese) in the china are also... I do believe they are new birds....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed