Lady Cards vs Baylor...Bears Win!

Guest coachacola

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="720488" timestamp="1259537535"]
That is a very respectable showing from the Lady Cards!!!!
[/quote]

I agree.  Baylor is a very good team, I guess ranked.  They should come away from that game feeling good. 

I think the girls have very good chemistry and play well together.  Something the boys have not reached yet.

Guest coachacola
Baylor is ranked #8 and they have a 6-8 freshman:

[quote]Brittney Griner, a 6-foot-8 freshman, led Baylor (6-1) with a double-double, finishing with a career-high 26 points to go along with 12 rebounds and eight blocks. Morghan Medlock added a double-double of 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Lady Bears, who won for the sixth straight time.

Lamar's 65 points were the most scored against Baylor during its winning streak.

"I thought it was our best game of the year," Lamar coach Larry Tidwell said. "We played hard and gained a lot of respect today."

Plumley's 22 points were two off of her career high of 24, which game against Baylor on March 8, 2007, while she was playing for the University of Oklahoma.

Plumley and Smith represented Lamar on the all-tournament team. [/quote]

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/112909aab.html

[quote]Baylor won last year's meeting with Lamar in Waco, 83-36.

"The girls asked me, 'What are we going back up there for?'" Tidwell said. "Well, we've got to get a little respect. And I think we got a little respect."
[/quote]

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=293330239

btw, Idaho destroyed ULL 90-66.

Plumley's shots finally seem like they are starting to fall. That will help us out a lot. If y'all haven't checked out a ladies game yet, I encourage it, they look really strong this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami