• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="octfeb" post="711132" timestamp="1258512502"]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=62430.msg711088#msg711088 date=1258510149]
Dayton will be the visitors  :D :D
[/quote] AGAIN
[/quote]
Being the visitor doesn't bother me unless the stadium is small. There were a couple we played in the last two years that barely held the Dayton fan base.

Speaking of which, where was the crowd Saturday night? I was working that night (first game I missed in a long while) but I saw some video and it looked like maybe 1500 Dayton fans. Was it because of the location (Huntsville)? Maybe deer season I guess.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="711140" timestamp="1258513043"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=62430.msg711132#msg711132 date=1258512502]
[/quote] AGAIN
[/quote]
Being the visitor doesn't bother me unless the stadium is small. There were a couple we played in the last two years that barely held the Dayton fan base.

Speaking of which, where was the crowd Saturday night? I was working that night (first game I missed in a long while) but I saw some video and it looked like maybe 1500 Dayton fans. Was it because of the location (Huntsville)? Maybe deer season I guess.
[/quote]
1500 to 2000 Dayton fans were there..deer season probably took it's toll.

This is Dayton's game to win/lose. Should be a good warm-up for the next round. From a Lumberton fan who witnessed Waller run over the Raiders a couple of years ago, I will be sporting my "purple" for this one. Go Broncs!!!

Dayton 34
Waller 20

[quote name="octfeb" post="711132" timestamp="1258512502"]
[/quote] AGAIN
[/quote]
I like being visitors...
The all white uniforms make the players stand out in the victory formation at the end of the game.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="711321" timestamp="1258548707"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=62430.msg711132#msg711132 date=1258512502]
[/quote] AGAIN
[/quote]
I like being visitors...
The all white uniforms make the players stand out in the victory formation at the end of the game.

[/quote]yup ;D

Are yall sure Dayton is visitors?Maxpreps has them as the home team

Pregame:
Waller @ Dayton
High School Football Fall 09-10
   * Bulldogs (Away)
   * Broncos (Home)

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/stats/pregame.aspx?contestid=59e0059d-5f21-44db-8f2a-3a4819df59db&ssid=f11d21e3-d9ab-4c9b-974b-ff4fcfed5c76

[quote name="octfeb" post="711354" timestamp="1258553012"]
Are yall sure Dayton is visitors?Maxpreps has them as the home team

Pregame:
Waller @ Dayton
High School Football Fall 09-10
   * Bulldogs (Away)
   * Broncos (Home)

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/stats/pregame.aspx?contestid=59e0059d-5f21-44db-8f2a-3a4819df59db&ssid=f11d21e3-d9ab-4c9b-974b-ff4fcfed5c76
[/quote]all i know is that where i bought my tickets at the administration bldg. they told me we were the visitors. that's how i know. they haven't been wrong to me yet. lol

Guest GCMPats
[b][size=12pt]Waller crashes the party[/size][/b]

Things looked bleak for Waller when they started the season losing their first six games. Now, things are looking up.

The Bulldogs (5-6) won four in a row to grab the fourth and final playoff spot in District 18-4A and last week won their first-round playoff game, a 28-7 decision over Lockhart. The Bulldogs are carrying a lot of confidence into their area-round battle with Dayton (9-2).

“We've won five in a row, but that's not enough for our kids,” Waller coach Jason Morley said. “They still have a burning desire to play football. We crashed the playoff party and we're not leaving until the cops kick us out.”

[size=14pt]Me thinks I see flashing lights![/size]

[quote name="GCMPats" post="711486" timestamp="1258564171"]

Things looked bleak for Waller when they started the season losing their first six games. Now, things are looking up.

The Bulldogs (5-6) won four in a row to grab the fourth and final playoff spot in District 18-4A and last week won their first-round playoff game, a 28-7 decision over Lockhart. The Bulldogs are carrying a lot of confidence into their area-round battle with Dayton (9-2).

“We've won five in a row, but that's not enough for our kids,” Waller coach Jason Morley said. “They still have a burning desire to play football. We crashed the playoff party and we're not leaving until the cops kick us out.”

[/quote]Well I guess the BRONCOS will be crashing their playoff party come Saturday

[quote name="GCMPats" post="711486" timestamp="1258564171"]

[/quote]

[size=18pt]I SEES THEM TOO AND I HEARS THE SIRENS....or is that the td horn?[/size]

Yep We will be their to watch Crosby then the Broncos of course.

Yeah I am a lil disappointed that this thread isn't going more than this.Maybe it is because Dayton is in the playoffs for 14 yrs straight now ppl beginning to think its just another regular season.But wait till it gets close to STATE....I bet it will be hopping then.

This isn't related to football at all, but I have an issue with the word daytonites.  Grammatically, it should be daytonian.  You never hear the news people say houstonites or galvestonites, its always houstonian or galvestonian.  However, I'll let it pass this year as long as all of our daytonite football players stomp a freaking mud hole into waller and keep advancing.  How is the health status of the team looking...are all of our players ready to go?

Working days this weekend so I can't make the Crosby game but will definitely be there in time for the stampede! Seriously considering Friday night at Thorne but the weather looks a little scary. Sure would be fun to watch that one too though.

Bout` dem Broncos.....I hope we see our offense show up for four quarters this week. Not raggin on them though, all year long they have got the job done for the most part. Other than the fluke in Crosby, they have put up comparable numbers to last years team. And that's sayin something! I can't put my finger on it but somehow they have just looked out of sync at times this year. But then you look at the scoreboard and there's 30+ points on it! Crazy.

I remember 2 years ago when Cody went down, the offense looked out of sync for a while then too. They kept winning though, and by the end of the year they were a scoring machine! Does anyone remember the game at Nederland? I personally have never witnessed a more impressive offensive performance by a high school team. And Nederland was not a bad team that year.

This years team has just as much offensive talent (collectively) IMO. Fowler, Franks, Ploch, Baldwin, Goss among others. And they're all playing behind an offensive line that is as good, if not better, than any they have put on the field the last few years. The key seems to be riding on soph QB, Herrera. If he continues to improve the way he has, this team could go a long way.

Anyway, the point to all this is that Stewart, Nations and the gang, have proven time and time again that they can overcome obstacles and correct imperfections. They keep tinkering with the line up and just may come up with a combination that keeps on winning.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics