Prayers to the PNG fan who got sick at the PNG/Central game

PNG1992

Heard an update on the gentleman who got sick.  He is doing better and should be getting out of ICU tomorrow.  When they took him off the sedation and took his breathing tube out one of his first questions was who won the game.  When he found out the Indians won he started singing Cherokee.  Now that's a devoted Indian fan!

Info from family friend that he is OUT of ICU, heart cath showed no damage to his heart and no blockages, Dr's are saying his heart attack was caused by a arrhythmia.  He is having a defibrillator put in tomorrow and is set to be discharged Thursday!!  Just in case any of you were wondering, his wife said NO way is going to the game Friday  :)!  I do not know this man, but he is a fellow NDN and that makes him family, so from all of us at The Reservation, thank you for all of your prayers and support, it is truly a miracle that he is still with us!!

I know that this is not a religious board, but I just want to say that it made my heart feel good to see the people around Mr. Davenport praying or at least well-wishing for him.  This occurred during the most pivotal and exciting portion of the game. There were just seconds left in regulation and it was a unique experience. To be excited while the inconceivable ( [i]I can't think of anything besides Vicini in [b][i][u]Princess Bride[/u][/i][/b] when I use that word[/i]) happened on the field and yet be so anxious for another person's well-being at the same time.  Everyone, I saw in the stands was praying, some audible and some not, for this man.  No matter how the media portrays the negativity in this world, there are still good people, that care about each other. I thank the Lord to hear he is doing well. 

[quote name="NDNfan91" post="703011" timestamp="1257817021"]
There were at least three men, maybe more, from the community that were sitting near Mr. Davenport that acted quickly and began CPR without hesitation.  One is a refinery worker, one a PN Fireman, I'm not sure what the other does, but they probably saved this mans life!  I am a Registered Nurse and know that in a situation like this, quick, effective CPR can make the difference between life and death, and this man may very well have LIFE because of these brave men!  There are truly angels among us!  He is not out of the woods yet, but I hear he is responding to treatment and they are going to try to wean him off the ventilator so they can do a heart cath to check the extent of the damage that was done to his heart muscle, and see if there are any other problems.  I'm pretty sure he is at St. E in ICU.  All this information was given by a friend that is close to the family.  Please continue to pray for him and his family!  Thank you all from the bottom of our "Purple" hearts!
[/quote]

Can you post the names of these fine men that performed CPR so we can thank/recognize them.  They should really be lauded.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami