*Newton vs. Kirbyville Updates*/Kirbyville Wins/Comments!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good job newton keep your heads up guys.....hope your runningback injury isn't anything serious....grats wildcat on a hard faught win....wish i could have been there for this one but i'm in miami florida working....i'll be pulling for both teams in the playoffs......goodluck wildcats and eagles in the playoffs

b7770756 must have watched a different game than i did.  Refs made several questionable calls against kv.  BUt of course, if my team had lost I am sure I would have felt the same way.  KV seemed to want it more in the 2nd half.  Newtons passing game seemed to be throw it up and see who can catch it.  Fortunately for KV, we caught the right ones!!  KV Wildcats, District Champs 2 years in a row!!

CONGRATS WILDCATS!!! OMG...what an awesome game. I was there..and man we stunk it up in the first half..but as usual kville came back firing on ALL cylinders. As for the comments about Refs being picked by home team..and yada yada...let me just say this...Newton should have had several interference calls, holding calls, etc..and they didnt..so I dont even want to hear it was the refs that won the game...Dont take that away from our team. Our team fought their butts off tonight and the better man won!!! Deal with it! I cant even believe anyone would say that! Rediculous! We  move on and go to playoffs, and I will be supporting both teams..Congrats to Newton for playing your hearts out. I will be praying that your running back is not injured to the point he cant return for playoffs. Hate to see anyone get hurt.

[size=18pt][b][font=Verdana]DISTRICT CHAMPS: KIRBYVILLE WILDCATS!!!! YEA!!! WTG WILDCATS[/font][/b][/size]

Was a great game. Watched it from the sidelines. Newton was strong in the first half but Kirbyville fought back in the second. Wasn't a game of controversial calls, etc. Just a hard fought game by two teams who wouldn't give up. The last team to have the ball was going to win and that's how it happened.
The Eagles were crushed by a face-mask call late in the game. Kville was threatening near the Newton goal line on 4th down and a Newton face-mask gave the Kats a 1st and goal. They had him stopped but for the face mask. Kville scored right after that. I was about 15' from the play and it was definitely a face mask on Newton's part. Were it not for that one play, things may have turned out differently. Either way. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs. Should do 22-2A proud.
As for the injured player, I did hear that it looked worse than it was and they thought it might be a back muscle or something. Hopefully, he will be alright.

[quote name="LR1969" post="700228" timestamp="1257571856"]
Was a great game. Watched it from the sidelines. Newton was strong in the first half but Kirbyville fought back in the second. Wasn't a game of controversial calls, etc. Just a hard fought game by two teams who wouldn't give up. The last team to have the ball was going to win and that's how it happened.
The Eagles were crushed by a face-mask call late in the game. Kville was threatening near the Newton goal line on 4th down and a Newton face-mask gave the Kats a 1st and goal. They had him stopped but for the face mask. Kville scored right after that. I was about 15' from the play and it was definitely a face mask on Newton's part. Were it not for that one play, things may have turned out differently. Either way. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs. Should do 22-2A proud.
[b]As for the injured player, I did hear that it looked worse than it was and they thought it might be a back muscle or something. Hopefully, he will be alright.[/b]
[/quote]

Thanks for letting us know..we had no idea what had happened..didnt know if it was leg, foot, or what! If anyone is close to him, please keep us posted. Thanks!!~!

I saw LeFrederick Ford (KV running back) come over to check on the injured player and he was pretty shaken up by the situation. I then saw several of the family members (of the injured player) come over and console Ford and tell him it was going to be alright that "it just looks worse than it is". Hopefully that's the case.

Guest FreshmanPhenom#17
Fred Ford is a great person i hope he goes big time he is a great student player everything great all around person. Keep updated on Kelvin Bennet he will be in my prayers

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83