WO-S District Champions - 7th & 8th grade

Homer

It's funny to hear HJ making comments about beating Wo-s in football. You can't come close to beating Wo-s. We hear those we can beat WO-s comments every year from you guys and how many times have you beaten us. O? that's what I thought. You guys make yourselves look quite stupid with comments like we would wax that ***. LOL What makes you think you can do something that no other team could come close to doing? My nephew plays on that Wo-s team and they made a goal to go undefeated and unscored on and they reached that goal. HJ or nobody else was going to get in the way of that, but if you want to think you can beat them to make you feel better, then so be it. They will proudly hold up their championship trophy. Maybe I can get him to allow you guys to borrow it one night to sleep with it so you'll see what it feels like. As long as WO-s is in your district, you will never know the feeling.

[quote name="bedelmon" post="703444" timestamp="1257871398"]
7-0 is better, but your season was incomplete Podna! You didn't play the one team that had the potential to wax dat @$%!
[/quote]

LOL... WOS- 53 HF-0. A week later HF- 26 HJ- 6. Looks like we did play the one team that had that potential...

You WOS guys and gals get on here and start declaring yourselves as champions. Then there are the ones that get on here and start saying everyone is scared of WOS. My gripe is, how can you declare yourselve champions without playing everyone? How can you declare yourselves champions without a playoff, or a championship game? There are all sorts of variables that come into play when teams play each other. Thats why we play the game. If you had played us, maybe the first play your best player goes down and we capitalize? Maybe our best goes down and you beat us 150-0? Or maybe our defense works better against your offense than it did against HF. You just dont know.

I don't have a dog in the fight but you are the one that got on here and declared HJ as the one team with the potential to beat WOS. Oh wait, it wasn't beating WOS it was waxing dat *^$$, if I remember correctly. I just wonder how you should win a game easily that you actually lost 26-6? Now that is getting your *^$$ waxed.  ;D

[quote name="bedelmon" post="704861" timestamp="1258036666"]
You WOS guys and gals get on here and start declaring yourselves as champions. Then there are the ones that get on here and start saying everyone is scared of WOS. My gripe is, how can you declare yourselve champions without playing everyone? How can you declare yourselves champions without a playoff, or a championship game? There are all sorts of variables that come into play when teams play each other. Thats why we play the game. If you had played us, maybe the first play your best player goes down and we capitalize? Maybe our best goes down and you beat us 150-0? Or maybe our defense works better against your offense than it did against HF. You just dont know.
[/quote]

In MS you do not have playoffs or a championship game, in fact, you don't have that at any sub varsity level. You compare records and the best record wins district. WOS had the best record 7th and 8th grade. If you don't want to recognize it then don't. If you don't get to play all of your schedule then you go by the best record just like you do in any other sport. I have been around football, baseball, softball (you name it) all of my life, as a player AND coach and I have never heard of an "incomplete season". And yes, we have had games canceled and not made up. If a game gets canceled, then it gets canceled. That doesn't mean there isn't a champion.

I have a son who plays on the 7th grade team. If I recall correctly HJ cancelled out on us because they THOUGHT is was going to rain. That day we didn't get a drop the entire day. I myself think it was pre-game jitters. Make sure that the HJ coaches keep their day jobs because they surely wouldn't make it as meteorologists!!! :D :D :D :D

[quote name="VNUPE" post="705375" timestamp="1258072288"]
I have a son who plays on the 7th grade team. If I recall correctly HJ cancelled out on us because they THOUGHT is was going to rain. That day we didn't get a drop the entire day. I myself think it was pre-game jitters. Make sure that the HJ coaches keep their day jobs because they surely wouldn't make it as meteorologists!!! :D :D :D :D
[/quote]

Actually Nupe, it was the HJ Superintendent that made that call. Not the coaches. Just an FYI.

Basically what you have at HJ is a "Basketball" mentality. We just happen to have an exceptional group of boys that love to play football. Our boys had waited all year to play the mighty "WOS" to see where they stood and someone took that away from them. I know alot of boys on that team including my two boys, were pissed. Parents, including myself, were not happy about the whole deal. Hell, I guess if you want to go by what your team did against another team, why dont we use Silsbee as the one to measure by. WOS beat Silsbee 22-0 but HJ 7th "A" beat the same team 28-0. And Orangefield was basically the same score when we played them and when you played'em.

[quote name="bedelmon" post="705847" timestamp="1258123778"]
Basically what you have at HJ is a "Basketball" mentality. We just happen to have an exceptional group of boys that love to play football. Our boys had waited all year to play the mighty "WOS" to see where they stood and someone took that away from them. I know alot of boys on that team including my two boys, were pissed. Parents, including myself, were not happy about the whole deal. heck, I guess if you want to go by what your team did against another team, why dont we use Silsbee as the one to measure by. WOS beat Silsbee 22-0 but HJ 7th "A" beat the same team 28-0. And Orangefield was basically the same score when we played them and when you played'em.
[/quote]

I have spoken with one of your coaches and I do understand that it was the call of the sup. I also believe that you guys wanted to play, I am not one of those who feel that you didn't play because you were "scared". Like you, our kids wanted to play... bad! I didn't want there to be any doubt, either way... I feel like BOTH teams got robbed.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami