New Minor League Football Team Coming!

Guest LR1969

I know this is about High School football but since most people, like me, go to this forum on first entering rather than checking out the other topics (Minor League Sports, etc.) I thought I'd mention it here for those who don't know. Basically, an arena football team will be playing in Beaumont in April 2010. The league is the SIFL (Southern Indoor Football League). The team is the Texas Hurricanes. They played last season in Bryan but have now moved to Beaumont. The announcement was made today. I checked out the website for the league and it appears to be pretty solid. They had their first season last year and they actually completed it. Hopefully this will be good for Beaumont. I know we have never been a great "minor league" town but you gotta start somewhere. Unfortunately, the Texas Hurricanes website has not been updated yet. I think tryouts will be in the next couple of weeks or so. More info is in the Minor League Sports forum. That's it. Back to High School football (ha). Sorry to get off topic but wanted to get the word out. And, what better place to do that in Southeast Texas than in the High School football forum? By the way, I've got a boat for sale that....(just joking).

[quote name="meanjoe" post="699320" timestamp="1257557972"]
[quote author=BOSoxfan4life link=topic=61922.msg699153#msg699153 date=1257546562]
Just something else that will fail in Beaumont. 
[/quote] Thanks Mr. Optimistic!
[/quote]

Just realistic

How many Wildcatters, Drillers, Mustangs games have you attended?  Do you support Lamar sports? 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83