23 1a 09-2010 basketball predictions?

I respect your op and you have made good points. And the players that you listed all played at the 2a and 3a classes. That is the point that I am trying to make, not that EC is a power house or any better than were we came from, but they will play KO. and HJ and larger schools that will draw more attention. I had a collage coach tell me that they dont have the money to send some to see one good player at a small school, But if they can go were there or more to see it is worth the trip, Like the HJ tournament. I look for it to draw a little action, dont you. There are no 1a teams playing in it. I personal think Sp could play with most of the teams that will be there but there not in it.

I used those players names to show what kind of player it takes to play at the major university's.These guys were the cream of the crop in SETX, all were great players in high school and could have had and in some instances did have pretty good mid major careers.When you get a chance to take a close up look at the atheletes that are playing D1 major college basketball you realize just how good these kids are.The HJ tournament will be a good event,it always is but there won't be a host of college recruiters there.I look for Spurger to have a real good club this year but probably not quite what Kountze or HJ will have.They will be able to tell a lot about their club when they meet Silsbee in December.If they play them close they will be hard to deal with at the 1=a level.

[quote name="whsalum" post="704733" timestamp="1257999704"]
I used those players names to show what kind of player it takes to play at the major university's.These guys were the cream of the crop in SETX, all were great players in high school and could have had and in some instances did have pretty good mid major careers.When you get a chance to take a close up look at the athletes that are playing D1 major college basketball you realize just how good these kids are.The HJ tournament will be a good event,it always is but there won't be a host of college recruiters there.I look for Spurger to have a real good club this year but probably not quite what Kountze or HJ will have.They will be able to tell a lot about their club when they meet Silsbee in December.If they play them close they will be hard to deal with at the 1=a level.
[/quote] I know the players you named and the caliper of players they were, but can you name any players from a 1a school, other than Wilkins? There are more 1a schools in the state than all others combind . If there is one college recruiter at the HJ tournament that is one more than will be at any 1a game this year. JMO but I think Spurger can play with HJ and Kountze this year I watch both play this summer. I know It was just summer ball but HJ was not that strong in side, dont see them stopping SP end side player. Cant Wait for Football to end ;D

I haven't seen many 1-a players with the skill set of the four guys I mentioned.The coach at the high school level is the most important person in getting a kid recruited.That being said the player has to have extraordinary skills ,regardless of the school classification, to even play at the JUCO level.I learned a long time ago not to put much in to the summer league teams HJ or Kountze puts on the floor.They won't even resemble what you saw this summer.One thing your son will see when he goes against Kountze will be very good defenders.

As you said not to put much stock in summer play but not seeing any 2or3a teams play last year the biggest difference I noticed was the speed of the game. Didnt see much def. just run the floor.In a half court game I did not see anyone that could shoot over him in the low post but he is going to have to play faster than he ever has had to before. There was no one in 1a anywere close to Kou in speed. Did not see the kid from Cal. play in the summer but watched him in football, looked like major attitude , got ejected from game. Just looked to me it will be easy to get in his head and take him out of his game he will be giving up 4in and one or to blocks will set him off.

Brey will bring a lot of attitude to the game but Duane will keep the club where they need to be.If you try to block his shot down low you better be very quick or it will be a short night for the defender.I don't think you saw the type players last year that you will see on your schedule this year.EC always gets a late start because of the football playoffs but I'm gonna have to check them out at the HJ tourney this year.

Right we are still playing football now and I hope they go as far as there talent will take them, but We are ready to play basketball. He is playing behind 2 Sr and not getting much playing time and it is really eatting at him But that is the price he is having to pay. The new gym is looking great stuck my head in this week

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami