Lonestar Sr. Superbowl Prediction

Lucky72

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Piratefan4life" post="709145" timestamp="1258329588"]
[quote author=madmom link=topic=61822.msg709087#msg709087 date=1258325765]
     Glad that ccs had enough brain to say his apologies.  All Priatefan can do is cry over his spilt milk.  You know we sat through the whole talk for your team and yall did not have the courtesy to listen to ours.  Sore losers.  No the Priate Players had nothin to do with that that was all adults.  Your players gave a gallant effort.  However King did not win that game by hisself.  The entire HF team won that game.  The key word WON !!!!!

Maybe if they take away some of Dewyvilles Adult Figures those young men that played their heart out last nite.  Will turn out to be outstanding atheltes.

As for as UNDEFEATED No the Senior team is not the only one.  HF juniors did it last year.

So guess what everyone has opinons.  And we got the CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ONE MAN CAN'T STOP NO SHOW!!!!!!!

H-F   SENOIR TEAM  # 1

[/quote] what split milk....an opinion is an opinion...just so happens that my opinion is that of a lot of teams you played this year....Kendrick King is the best player in Lonestar this year....congrats to HF on a great year....you guys should be the front runner again next year...
[/quote]

Im sorry but I am getting tired of everyone saying one man beat the entire team. It is like saying if Michael Jordan didnt play for the Bulls they wouldn't have won all of thier championships. Guess what, they didnt win WITH him until Michael had a great supporting cast and a great coach around him. We can talk about Dan Marino, Barry Sanders, Jim Kelly, Chris Carter, some of the greatest football players that never won a superbowl. You can not win a superbowl without a suporting cast, PERIOD.

Thank you very much.

Every player on our team played their hearts out to make it to the Superbowl.(As did the whole Deweyville team)

I for one haven't let my child see any of the trash talking that's been going on here about his team.(or any other team for that matter)

These boys need positive feedback...not negative,if we want to have any hope at all of them developing a love for the game.

My son has really showed an interest in continuing to play next year in 7th grade(and hopefully on into HS).If he had seen the way some of the parents have been talking about his teammates on this board,I'd be willing to bet it would be a different story.(I just thought the soccer parents were bad)

Well...I can guarantee you that everyone of the 16 young men on the HF Senior team have nothing but respect for the entire Deweyville team.They gave the HF boys the best 2 games that they had all season.The Deweyville Pirates are definitely  a force to be reckoned with.Those boys(and girl) are a group of top notch football players.

[quote name="ccs" post="709515" timestamp="1258351583"]
to all HF won the game but no one needs to dog  dville i said i was wrong .i should not have said nothing about king or no other players once again im sorry if i did . But Dville needs there respect
[/quote]
U must be from D'Ville...... How could u fix your month to talk about kids and there team like you did? >:( >:( But u know what, i expect things like that to come out of adults mouth in D'Ville :-X :-X :-X.  GROW UP BUDDY.

To CCS...Thank you so much for your apology.  It takes an upstanding individule to apologize and I really appreciate you.  I would like to say one more thing and then I will not be returning to this thread.  I would like to again congratulate HF and Deweyville for an amazing game.  Both HF and Deweyville deserved to be at the championship game, both teams had outstanding athletes, both teams played their hearts out until the final buzzer sounded, and both teams had great coaches.  These young athletes are our future and we need to support them.  I think as adults we need to stop all of the arguments that are on this thread.  Please do not judge people even if you think you know them.  Do not throw stones in a glass house.  Just play nice in your sand box. LOL

[quote name="HF Dad" post="709451" timestamp="1258343379"]
How did a topic discussing our children playing football turn into an argument over grammar skills?

[quote]Typical HF response.[/quote]

[[shadow=red,left]b][b]And thank you very much for the generalization about people from the HF area.
[/quote]  It is what it is.

Hopefully HF learns from this.  They are notorious for counting on one or two players to get the job done.  I witnessed this first hand last year when they came to Nederland to play basketball.  Maybe this is why their high school teams are not as strong as they could be.  They always have great youth talent, but, they seem to disappear at the high school level.  Those one or two great players in youth can't get it done by themselves at the hs level.  The rest of the group, who didn't get their time or credit at the youth level, have given up by the time they get to high school or they have transferred to other schools.  If HF wants to keep their talent for the long haul they better make sure ALL players get their ample time.  I'm sure this football team got their fair share of playing time, but, it appears from this thread they counted mainly on this King kid. 

The youth are our future and we need to invest in all of them.......the great and the not so great.  The not so great generally turn out to be a great surprise down the road.  Don't overlook any child or you may loose them in the future.

Guest BUCMAN08
[quote name="spanky14" post="709371" timestamp="1258339518"]
Guess you were wrong about that - the team has more than one great player - Dville's mistake not to realize that.
[quote author=BUCMAN08 link=topic=61822.msg697037#msg697037 date=1257364202]
All Dville has to do is stop king and they win ..
[/quote]
[/quote]  I WAS PICKING AT LARRY ...... LET ALL THIS GO THERE ARE 10 11 AND 12 YRS OLD ............GEEZ 

[quote name="postup" post="709642" timestamp="1258384886"]
Hopefully HF learns from this.  They are notorious for counting on one or two players to get the job done.  I witnessed this first hand last year when they came to Nederland to play basketball.  Maybe this is why their high school teams are not as strong as they could be.  They always have great youth talent, but, they seem to disappear at the high school level.  Those one or two great players in youth can't get it done by themselves at the hs level.  The rest of the group, who didn't get their time or credit at the youth level, have given up by the time they get to high school or they have transferred to other schools.  If HF wants to keep their talent for the long haul they better make sure ALL players get their ample time.  I'm sure this football team got their fair share of playing time, but, it appears from this thread they counted mainly on this King kid.   

The youth are our future and we need to invest in all of them.......the great and the not so great.  The not so great generally turn out to be a great surprise down the road.  Don't overlook any child or you may loose them in the future.
[/quote]First of all, you are making some very good points but let me add on to this convo. Yes, there are kids out there who are naturally gifted athletes pre-middle school days. And yes there are late bloomers. The problem with the gifted athlete at a young age is that they may not be taught to challenge themselves for the next level because it's always been too easy to score a basket or run a touchdown pre-middle school and middle school. Kids WILL CATCH UP!  They will get big, bigger fast and faster.  So basically, both groups have to work just as hard to continue or achieve success.The late bloomers must realize that they may have to work harder to reach that next level. You have to instill in them that it will take dedication and hard work to achieve goals. In other words, both groups don't have the time to rest on what happened in yesterday's game ;)

You people absolutely amaze me.  You are so full of criticism and hate that you have to just spit out vile words about other peoples kids.  You are the epitome of being "adult bullies" who seem to think no one will challenge you.  FYI...it wasn’t King who cinched the game for HF it was Thomas Hein #23..who btw read the play from beginning to end and intercepted the ball for the closing touchdown to secure the win.  Which could not have happened if the whole team was not doing their job...which apparently they did...as a team.  So, they do have more than one player on their team.  Also, it was King who was running along side Hein encouraging him to go all the way...that’s the kind of kids we have in HF.  It’s about Character, Dignity and Selfworth.  I also, saw these same attributes in the Deweyville athletes, too.  I commend them on a great game.  Deweyville athletes hold your heads high...you too are Champions.  Maybe HF has struggled over the years with our teams but at the end of the day they are still our kids who just want to play ball.  I take great offense to these remarks about our kids.  Heaven forbid if someone would criticize your athletes.  Guess who would jump to their defense??  (here you go...here's a double standard and a parent who is tired of the bs....don’t even get me started with Nederland ball...I personally experienced with my kids how poor sportsmanship like character comes from there which is another story in itself...which btw kids learn that from parents...but here again you have to deal with that...those are your kids).  SO LEAVE OUR ATHLETES ALONE!!!  We cannot predict the future but if our kids stay together HF should have a great High School Season.  But if not, as a HF parent, I am proud of our kids no matter what the future holds....SO BACK OFF!!!

Way to go Amazed !!!!  I am with you it was not only Tomcat.  It was the whole team.  That is what got us to the championship and that is what WON us the CHAMPIONSHIP !!!!!!!    so all sore losers go away.  We are proud of our kids.  We will continue to back them in whatever they decide to do in years to come.

[quote name="HORNS R #1" post="697075" timestamp="1257367107"]
AND TRUST ME WE HAVE MORE THEN HIM TO OFFER JUST TIGHTEN THEM CHIN STRAPS AND LETS GO
[/quote]

Well if you have more then him you sure don't show it. Letting him stand back to avoid getting hurt while all the other boys take the hits. Seems to me like you have your prize player and thats all you think you need. Lets see what you got next year when he is gone...

[quote name="lg1028" post="709923" timestamp="1258401243"]
[quote author=HORNS R #1 link=topic=61822.msg697075#msg697075 date=1257367107]
AND TRUST ME WE HAVE MORE THEN HIM TO OFFER JUST TIGHTEN THEM CHIN STRAPS AND LETS GO
[/quote]

Well if you have more then him you sure don't show it. Letting him stand back to avoid getting hurt while all the other boys take the hits. Seems to me like you have your prize player and thats all you think you need. Lets see what you got next year when he is gone...
[/quote]OK YOU HAVE  PI--ED ME OFF NOW TRUST ME WE HAD KING THAT WAS A BIG PLAY MAKER THAT COULD MAKE THE BIG BREAK AND IF WE DIDNT HAVE HIM WE STILL SCORE JUST NOT AS FAST AS WE COULD WITH HIM TRUST ME AFTER COACHING SOME OF THESE KIDS 5 YEARS WE HAD A VERY SALTY GROUP OF KIDS AND WILL IN THE THE FUTHUR SO GO AND SAY WHAT MAKES YOU FELL GOOD THE TRUTH IS WE WON AND YES WE DID IT WITH OUT ANT 7 GRADER ON THE TEAM AND YOU JUST SIT BACK AND WATCH WHAT WE HAVE NEXT YEAR

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83