19-4A District MVP?

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="liltex" post="690188" timestamp="1256904001"]
Viverette MVP-Ploch Offensive Player Of The Year-Tony Hill Defensive Player Of The Year-Juan Carranco Newcomer Of The Year
[/quote]

Your gonna have to sell me on Viverette. Just don't see how he's the Most Valuable Player in our district. His team is 4th place at best, to me that diminishes his value.

Possibly, but he's the passing leader and up there in rushing (not sure where but at least the top 10 if not the top 5).  Just think he's the best player Dayton has played against along with Allen.  Although Dayton pretty much shut him down most of the game, you could see he had talent.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="rollinac" post="690204" timestamp="1256905936"]
Possibly, but he's the passing leader and up there in rushing (not sure where but at least the top 10 if not the top 5).  Just think he's the best player Dayton has played against along with Allen.  Although Dayton pretty much shut him down most of the game, you could see he had talent.
[/quote]

When a team concedes the pass, anyone can stop the run. I'm not saying the outcome would have been any different, but we'll never know. (Ok. Enough of me whinning. For now at least ;D)

Without Viverette, BH is [b]still[/b] 4th place. That, to me, is what defines MVP. Would the "team" be better or worse without you in the line-up? It's a variation of the Value Added Theory: The "enhancement" a player gives his team before offering the "product" to the fans. The "enhancement" can either increase or decrease a players "value".

[quote name="Ranger83" post="690212" timestamp="1256906753"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=61495.msg690204#msg690204 date=1256905936]
Possibly, but he's the passing leader and up there in rushing (not sure where but at least the top 10 if not the top 5).  Just think he's the best player Dayton has played against along with Allen.  Although Dayton pretty much shut him down most of the game, you could see he had talent.
[/quote]

When a team concedes the pass, anyone can stop the run. I'm not saying the outcome would have been any different, but we'll never know. (Ok. Enough of me whinning. For now at least ;D)

Without Viverette, BH is [b]still[/b] 4th place. That, to me, is what defines MVP. Would the "team" be better or worse without you in the line-up? It's a variation of the Value Added Theory: The "enhancement" a player gives his team before offering the "product" to the fans. The "enhancement" can either increase or decrease a players "value".

[/quote]

Wait....value added theory??  Doesn't the value added theory deal with political or social change?  If you're relating it to his economic "value added" then I think without Viv BH competes with GP for 5th and could easily finish in 6th.  Hence, my opinion of his economic value added to the BH football team is 2 spots in the standings.  By that same token, GCM without Allen still finishes in 4th; A 1 position drop in the standings and therefore less economic value added :D.  Alright that's a huge stretch on value added being that its techinically the difference between the cost of land, labor, and materials with the sales price of a product but anyways....

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="rollinac" post="690236" timestamp="1256908238"]
[quote author=Ranger83 link=topic=61495.msg690212#msg690212 date=1256906753]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=61495.msg690204#msg690204 date=1256905936]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wait....value added theory??  Doesn't the value added theory deal with political or social change?  If you're relating it to his economic "value added" then I think without Viv BH competes with GP for 5th and could easily finish in 6th.  Hence, my opinion of his economic value added to the BH football team is 2 spots in the standings.  By that same token, GCM without Allen still finishes in 4th; A 1 position drop in the standings and therefore less economic value added :D.  Alright that's a huge stretch on value added being that its techinically the difference between the cost of land, labor, and materials with the sales price of a product but anyways....

[/quote]

I am aware the Economic version. It was a stretch, but when a company adds discounts and "extras" to their products, they are using a "value added" concept. I will stick to my assertions on the MVP.

Ranger83 is right saying BH is still a 4th place finish without Viverette...He proably had almost double the pass attempts over any of the other QB's in the district and i know his pics and fumbles were proably 3 times more of any of the other QB's..I only saw Ploch vs Crosby and he wasn't that impressive....Both BH and Dayton QB's were basically there whole offense,one dimensional..I believe Dayton's offense will be better since Ploch went back to WR and there new QB has come on,it will keep everyone from keying on Ploch run right or run left during there play-off run.....

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="690271" timestamp="1256909685"]
[b][size=18pt]Ranger83 is right [/size] [/b] saying BH is still a 4th place finish without Viverette...He proably had almost double the pass attempts over any of the other QB's in the district and i know his pics and fumbles were proably 3 times more of any of the other QB's..I only saw Ploch vs Crosby and he wasn't that impressive....Both BH and Dayton QB's were basically there whole offense,one dimensional..I believe Dayton's offense will be better since Ploch went back to WR and there new QB has come on,it will keep everyone from keying on Ploch run right or run left during there play-off run.....
[/quote]

Music to my ears! ;D

[quote name="rollinac" post="689404" timestamp="1256832708"]
When I think of MVP, I think of Impact Player.  Merka is solid but not an impact player.  Allen, Ploch, and Viv (sp.) are game changers who have to be accounted for on every play.  I might even tend to agree with Ranger that no one is more valuable to his team than Allen with Viv right there.
[/quote]

7 carries 163 yards is that an impact player? or not... Perhaps a dual threat quarterback who gets 3 extra yards after contact everytime... saying merka's not a IMPACT players is just false, ask lumberton how much "impact" merka can put on the game... both figuratively and litterally.

IF we're going Most "valuable" Player... youd have to choose that guy that a team would be screwed if he got hurt... I think that makes it a two horse race between Viverrete and Merka... (i haven't seen anyone play besides Crosby, BH and Gelana Park... I just think that the Dayton game showed how much "impact" a QB who gets u five  yards a carry can have.

Also an MVP doesn't make many mistakes, Merka is this and id say that gives him and edge of Viverrete because of his turnover problems.

"have to be accounted for on every play" please don't account for Merka and he'll do to everyteam what he did to Galena Park... they didn't spy him and the first play of the game went 45yds... again 163 on 7 carries! (and prolly 150 passing yards for 2 tds, he ran another one in)

Another key thing is, if its 4th and short who do you go to... i think in the case of Ploch, and Merka they end up running the ball and they Trust Viverette to throw it... its a difference that might be needed to be noted.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="689908" timestamp="1256863755"]
The Crosby QB had an outstanding game against Dayton.
Crosby is undefeated in district and the eventual district champs.

The best overall player I have on video from all my games is Ploch.
The guy is a beast, and now since he is not playing QB, he is a force on both sides of the ball.
The video of him at the Galena Park is a one man show.  What a game (I am on the 4th quarter right now going through the original video, the highlight video probably won't get finished tonight.)

If....
You are going to have a draft to make a football team from all the 19-4A players, who would you pick?
I would pick Ploch.
[/quote]

this is how my draft would go.....

#1 Dylan Judy
#2 Ploch
#3 Dominic Merka
#4 Viverrete
#5 MY favorite trash talker.

Sorry previous post didn't giv emy answer on who i thought was the best! player in the district... which is of course DYLAN FREAKING JUDY!

After seeing what Merka did last night, he would get my vote.  He took the game over in the second half.  If he wasn't there, would Crosby be district champs?  I don't think so.  Good point Cougtalk about turnovers,  Merka don't turn it over.  That has to count for something.

[quote name="jiggs" post="692367" timestamp="1257003003"]
After seeing what Merka did last night, he would get my vote.  He took the game over in the second half.  If he wasn't there, would Crosby be district champs?  I don't think so.  Good point Cougtalk about turnovers,  Merka don't turn it over.  That has to count for something.
[/quote]

TBH the only utrnover ive seen was a messed up handoff between him and Evans (#21)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami