19-4A District MVP?

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="rollinac" post="689368" timestamp="1256830938"]
The QB from BH would get my vote with Ploch in second and Allen in third.
[/quote]

I am biased, but GCM is not near a good with out D. Allen. Therefore, he is the MOST Valuable Player to his team. I would put Viverette (sp) and Ploch 2 and 3.

(No matter what you think about his actions on the field.)

When I think of MVP, I think of Impact Player.  Merka is solid but not an impact player.  Allen, Ploch, and Viv (sp.) are game changers who have to be accounted for on every play.  I might even tend to agree with Ranger that no one is more valuable to his team than Allen with Viv right there.

Demartie Allen is gifted-no doubt about it- but I have never seen a kid talk more trash than him. If he would focus more on carrying the ball than trashtalking he would be even better.  Defensive players don't get much notice in MVP talk but you have to mention #24 Dylan Judy for Crosby(ILB).  He has been bringing the wood and has been TREMENDOUS for the defensive turnaround.  
BHill QB Viverette has to be mentioned but he has too many turnovers.
Ploch was injured but there really is no clear cut choice this year for 19-4A

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="UHFALCON" post="689409" timestamp="1256832889"]
Demartie Allen is gifted-no doubt about it- but I have never seen a kid talk more trash than him. If he would focus more on carrying the ball than trashtalking he would be even better.  Defensive players don't get much notice in MVP talk but you have to mention #24 Dylan Judy for Crosby(ILB).  He has been bringing the wood and has been TREMENDOUS for the defensive turnaround.  
[/quote]

I do not condone "trash talking", but running your mouth and running for a 1,000+ yards have no correlation. This is not a "beauty" contest, this is football!

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="689416" timestamp="1256833256"]
Is the MVP the best player in the district or the player who means the most to their team?
[/quote]

That is open for debate. My definition is the Most Valuable Player to his [u][b]team[/b][/u]. The ONE player, that makes their team better. I know anyone can be replaced, but what happens when THAT player is replaced? (There, that's clear as mud!)

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="rollinac" post="689426" timestamp="1256833652"]
If it's not a beauty contest then why the picture ???
[/quote]

Don't hate me BECAUSE I'm beautiful.  :-*

(Hate me because I'm an opinionated jerk at times.)

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="689439" timestamp="1256834040"]
If there are three or four guys that are in the discussion, I always ask myself what would their teams look like if they traded places.  I think GCM would be about the same with Ploch instead of Allen, but I think Dayton would not be as good with Allen instead of Ploch. 
[/quote]

Probably true because they wouldn't use him on defense.....

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="cardinal66" post="689517" timestamp="1256837772"]
Allen won't be district MVP because there are several coaches who won't vote for him.  He is a jerk and talks smack to coaches and players on other sideline.  You have to remember that it is the head coaches who get to nominate and vote at all district picks.
[/quote]

[size=18pt]Total BS! [/size] Vote on his actions, not his words!

He might be the offensive mvp, but he will not be district mvp.  The district mvp will more than likely come from Crosby district champs or Dayton.  Just depends on who each coach nominates.  You and I both know that Demartie is a TURD!  I can't believe the Sun dissed your boy, they should have covered all three kids.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="cardinal66" post="689545" timestamp="1256839596"]
He might be the offensive mvp, but he will not be district mvp.  The district mvp will more than likely come from Crosby district champs or Dayton.  Just depends on who each coach nominates.  You and I both know that Demartie is a TURD!  I can't believe the Sun dissed your boy, they should have covered all three kids.
[/quote]

Demartie has some "issues". Those "issues" should not take away from what he has accomplished on the football field.

Thanks. The Sun is feeling the wrath from their actions as we speak. If I had a subscription to that fish wrap, I would have cancelled it this morning! My son does not require his ego to be stroked, but it was a grave injustice to him and his football team.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="UHFALCON" post="689575" timestamp="1256841554"]
Ranger I must have missed the article but you are right, that newpaper is not worth the paper it is printed on- especially if they are disrespecting student/athletes.
[/quote]

Let's see. Baytown has three high schools. So, one would assume that if you compile an article on the high school kicker's in Baytown, [size=14pt]would you NOT include all three schools[/size]!

[quote name="UHFALCON" post="689409" timestamp="1256832889"]
[/quote]
Judy would have my vote.  That QB from King probably still don't know what hit him.  Good kid too.

The Crosby QB had an outstanding game against Dayton.
Crosby is undefeated in district and the eventual district champs.

The best overall player I have on video from all my games is Ploch.
The guy is a beast, and now since he is not playing QB, he is a force on both sides of the ball.
The video of him at the Galena Park is a one man show.  What a game (I am on the 4th quarter right now going through the original video, the highlight video probably won't get finished tonight.)

If....
You are going to have a draft to make a football team from all the 19-4A players, who would you pick?
I would pick Ploch.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed