2A Moving to Split-Conference Alignment

cowboys

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="688814" timestamp="1256759608"]
[quote author=baseball25 link=topic=61366.msg688654#msg688654 date=1256749429]
Buck must not own a map.  No way anahuac and ec will be in that district.
[/quote]

[i]District 12 -- 7 teams
Altair Rice Consolidated (26) -- 343
Anahuac (23) 412
Hallettsville (26) --337
Hempstead (26) -- 356
Hitchcock (29) 346
Van Vleck (29) 295
Winnie East Chambers (23) 368

NOTE:  Hallettsville lies halfway between Houston and [b]San Antonio[/b], ..... Hallettsville is needed here to make a full district. The six schools surround metropolitan Houston on all sides.
[/i]

No way? Don't bet on it. STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES, the[u][b] UIL [/b][/u]motto.
[/quote]
Amen

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Let me say this first I know people going to say how stupid I am but I can accept that for I'm just I dumb country boy. So let's start with the 2a district most coaches(not all) uses this classification as a stepping stone for better jobs with bigger salaries, so what will change there. Now lets talk about the 2a district with Newton and Kirbyville in it. Most teams dread getting in the playoffs and having to play Newton or Kirbyville the first round I've heard it from fans where I live. And every year what games do we look forward to in 2a in this area Newton and Kirbyville. Why? because they play dogs all year in their district and most of the time sit out their starters the second half of every game. Now on the other district Buna,EC, Hardin, and Anahuac beats each other up every week so by the time the playoffs start they are hit with injuries and back-ups that have rarely seen the field and usually get killed in the playoffs by quess who Newton and Kirbyville. So put all these teams in the same district quess what Newton and Kirbyville can't just plan for for each other they have to plan for each game each week all year long. And I think any team that makes the playoffs  from this district will be well prepare for the playoffs. Also we will find out who's the real coaches and who's the pretenders. As far as getting coaches to come to these towns Imo would be easier for if they can win in this 2a district then they could win in any district in the state. It would look great on a resume. Also think of the exposure our players would get from being in the toughest district in the state. Like I said when I started this some people will say I'm stupid but that's OK I can deal with that.

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="Big Charlie" post="689530" timestamp="1256838573"]
OK Let me say this first I know people going to say how stupid I am but I can accept that for I'm just I dumb country boy. So let's start with the 2a district most coaches(not all) uses this classification as a stepping stone for better jobs with bigger salaries, so what will change there. Now lets talk about the 2a district with Newton and Kirbyville in it. Most teams dread getting in the playoffs and having to play Newton or Kirbyville the first round I've heard it from fans where I live. And every year what games do we look forward to in 2a in this area Newton and Kirbyville. Why? because they play dogs all year in their district and most of the time sit out their starters the second half of every game. Now on the other district Buna,EC, Hardin, and Anahuac beats each other up every week so by the time the playoffs start they are hit with injuries and back-ups that have rarely seen the field and usually get killed in the playoffs by quess who Newton and Kirbyville. So put all these teams in the same district quess what Newton and Kirbyville can't just plan for for each other they have to plan for each game each week all year long. And I think any team that makes the playoffs  from this district will be well prepare for the playoffs. Also we will find out who's the real coaches and who's the pretenders. As far as getting coaches to come to these towns Imo would be easier for if they can win in this 2a district then they could win in any district in the state. It would look great on a resume. Also think of the exposure our players would get from being in the toughest district in the state. Like I said when I started this some people will say I'm stupid but that's OK I can deal with that.
[/quote]

Kirbyville Has Several Players That Play Both Sides Of The Ball...Try That..It's like playing 2 Ball Games..I Don't Think Your'e Stupid Just Mis-Informed...Newton Also Has 2 Way Players...Kirbyville Played 5 Pre-Season Games This Year All Of Them Against 3A Schools  And If You Want To Call WOS,JASPER,HJ, DOGS Then That's Your Business..Kirbyville Won 3 out Of 5 Of The Games... Kirbyville Is One Of The Best Coached 2A Teams In State...WE Get Beat Up...We Just Don't Advertise It...

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="Big Charlie" post="689530" timestamp="1256838573"]
Most teams dread getting in the playoffs and having to play Newton or Kirbyville the first round I've heard it from fans where I live.

And every year what games do we look forward to in 2a in this area Newton and Kirbyville. Why? because they play dogs all year in their district and most of the time sit out their starters the second half of every game. Now on the other district Buna,EC, Hardin, and Anahuac beats each other up every week so by the time the playoffs start they are hit with injuries and back-ups that have rarely seen the field and usually get killed in the playoffs by quess who Newton and Kirbyville.

So put all these teams in the same district quess what Newton and Kirbyville can't just plan for for each other they have to plan for each game each week all year long.

Also we will find out who's the real coaches and who's the pretenders. As far as getting coaches to come to these towns Imo would be easier for if they can win in this 2a district then they could win in any district in the state. It would look great on a resume.
[/quote]

OK, lets take the above one by one:

[i]Teams dread Newton & KV?[/i] So I guess Buna and Hardin are going to both try to LOSE their game this Friday because they DON'T want to make the playoffs, and Anahuac will probably just forfiet the first round game, and not participate because they will likely have KV to play?  ::) ::) ::) 

[i]EC, etc. are "beat up" and can't contend with Newton & KV?[/i] Well geeze, guy, the projection has EC going WEST, not NORTH! Playing schools out San Antonio way! Duh!  ::) ::) ::) EC ain't "beat up" either. ::) ::) ::)

[i]2A isn't really about schools and teams, its all about coaches and resumes'.[/i]  Thats one of the sorriest most insulting posts ever printed. [i]You[/i] tell that to the 2A players who sweat and work for years to play their best on Friday nights. [u]Just look them in the eye and tell them:[/u] 2A ball doesn't matter. It's all about the coach and his resume. I dare you.  ::) ::) ::)   

[quote name="justsaying" post="686825" timestamp="1256587134"]
Makes for an interesting district though.... This one looks pretty good...
District 11
Anahuac
Buna
Hardin
Kirbyville
Kountze
Newton
East Chambers
[/quote]
if this is what it will look like next yr this will not only be the toughest 2a district in the state but i will be in total shock if a team from this district doesnt advance to the state title game

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="ECBucFan" post="689705" timestamp="1256847383"]
[quote author=Big Charlie link=topic=61366.msg689530#msg689530 date=1256838573]
Most teams dread getting in the playoffs and having to play Newton or Kirbyville the first round I've heard it from fans where I live.

And every year what games do we look forward to in 2a in this area Newton and Kirbyville. Why? because they play dogs all year in their district and most of the time sit out their starters the second half of every game. Now on the other district Buna,EC, Hardin, and Anahuac beats each other up every week so by the time the playoffs start they are hit with injuries and back-ups that have rarely seen the field and usually get killed in the playoffs by quess who Newton and Kirbyville.

So put all these teams in the same district quess what Newton and Kirbyville can't just plan for for each other they have to plan for each game each week all year long.

Also we will find out who's the real coaches and who's the pretenders. As far as getting coaches to come to these towns Imo would be easier for if they can win in this 2a district then they could win in any district in the state. It would look great on a resume.
[/quote]

OK, lets take the above one by one:

[i]Teams dread Newton & KV?[/i] So I guess Buna and Hardin are going to both try to LOSE their game this Friday because they DON'T want to make the playoffs, and Anahuac will probably just forfiet the first round game, and not participate because they will likely have KV to play?  ::) ::) ::)   

[i]EC, etc. are "beat up" and can't contend with Newton & KV?[/i] Well geeze, guy, the projection has EC going WEST, not NORTH! Playing schools out San Antonio way! Duh!  ::) ::) ::) EC ain't "beat up" either. ::) ::) ::)

[i]2A isn't really about schools and teams, its all about coaches and resumes'.[/i]  Thats one of the sorriest most insulting posts ever printed. [i]You[/i] tell that to the 2A players who sweat and work for years to play their best on Friday nights. [u]Just look them in the eye and tell them:[/u] 2A ball doesn't matter. It's all about the coach and his resume. I dare you.  ::) ::) ::)   
[/quote]

ECBUC FAN...IF I HAD AN Applaud Button I'd Hit It For you.....

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="690107" timestamp="1256875365"]
Wish they would do this for all sports
[/quote]

Usually whatever is done, as far as district allignments go, in football is done in all the other sports as well 2A-5a. Only in 1A have districts been alligned different for basketball, baseball, etc...
This is done in 1A because there is a large number of schools that don't play football.

[center][b]UIL: Draft Football Alignment [/b] [/center]

[center][b]Division 1[/b]
[b]District 11[/b]
Anahuac
Buna
Hardin
Kirbyville
Kountze
Newton
East Chambers[/center]

Only two Teams would Adv to the playoffs. All Districts are on the UIL webpage..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124