15-3... Why wait for December to celebrate Christmas?

15 turnovers to 3 takeaways the last four games.  We should feel real good about ourselves for giving three of those games away.  Lost by 3 to Vidor, 7 to Central and 5 to Ozen before the bubble burst and got hung by 27 to PNG.  Granted 10, i mean [size=18pt]10[/size] of those fumbles were in two games, but how is this still a problem.  Of all the things Coach has gotten right since he has been here, he LITERALY dropped the ball on this one.  I guess he didnt want to stand out.  Its one thing to get beat, its another to give your season away.  Ok, that was my session and I had to get that off my chest.  Heres to finishing the season on a high note and wining the last two games.  Cmon Raiders!!!!

Well, Coach Creduer is as good as Lumberton is going to get. The school board WILL NOT go out and get a big name coach like PNG did. Most of the Lumberton fans are supporting the raiders because of the success of the 07 & 08 teams. To build a solid fan base and establish tradition you have to support this coaching staff and these kids through the down years. In the 2nd qtr against PNG I counted 5 sophomores on defense. PNG is huge, we looked like a JV team compared to their size. Coach Creduer is whats best for Lumberton football. We got beat Friday night by a senior laden, well coached, well disciplined, athletic, huge team. Please support these guys. I was ashamed to see the fans disappear from the stands Friday night. If you are going to come on here and talk smack when things are going good, Have the dignity and respect of your team to defend and support them when things are not good. When I say support and defend I do not mean make excuses because we got beat. If you want to go back and relive the previous 40 years of futility, Friday night was a start in that direction. Realize that we are the smallest school in the district and next to Livingston, probably the most resource challenged school in the district when it comes to athletics. However, when we have the talent Coach Creduer will make us competitive.

[quote name="raid07" post="685657" timestamp="1256473441"]
Well, Coach Creduer is as good as Lumberton is going to get. The school board WILL NOT go out and get a big name coach like PNG did. Most of the Lumberton fans are supporting the raiders because of the success of the 07 & 08 teams. To build a solid fan base and establish tradition you have to support this coaching staff and these kids through the down years. In the 2nd qtr against PNG I counted 5 sophomores on defense. PNG is huge, we looked like a JV team compared to their size. Coach Creduer is whats best for Lumberton football. We got beat Friday night by a senior laden, well coached, well disciplined, athletic, huge team. Please support these guys. I was ashamed to see the fans disappear from the stands Friday night. If you are going to come on here and talk smack when things are going good, Have the dignity and respect of your team to defend and support them when things are not good. When I say support and defend I do not mean make excuses because we got beat. If you want to go back and relive the previous 40 years of futility, Friday night was a start in that direction. Realize that we are the smallest school in the district and next to Livingston, probably the most resource challenged school in the district when it comes to athletics. However, when we have the talent Coach Creduer will make us competitive.
[/quote]

That is the point of my post.  We are obviously a competitive team now or else with those amount of turnovers we would have gotten blown out all four games.  I understand that we are the smallest team in the district, but I wont make those excuses.  That has nothing to do with what Im saying.  We are young and Im sure that contributes alot to the understanding of how important ball protection is, but that point should have been driven home after the Central game.  This isnt a talent problem, we gave games away this season because we didnt protect the football. 

Guest GORAIDERS
I agree with raid07. It was a disgrace to see everyone leave the game Friday night. You've got to support them - win or lose!! We are a very young team and yes several of the sophomores have gotten a great deal of playing time this season, but it seems that GoBigBlue1997 is implying that the young players have a problem protecting the ball. Just for the record ONE fumble this year came from a sophomore. ALL other fumbles have come from seniors and juniors. Look on the bright side, we are only losing 14 seniors this year and with our sophomores getting great experience this year, the L-Train should be back on track next year. Didn't we all realize that this year would be a rebuilding year? We lost 30 seniors last year! Our players AND coaches put in an unbelieveable amount of preparation for these games.Come on you guys SUPPORT THE PLAYERS AND COACHES - win or lose!

[quote name="GORAIDERS" post="685761" timestamp="1256489134"]
I agree with raid07. It was a disgrace to see everyone leave the game Friday night. You've got to support them - win or lose!! We are a very young team and yes several of the sophomores have gotten a great deal of playing time this season, but it seems that GoBigBlue1997 is implying that the young players have a problem protecting the ball. Just for the record ONE fumble this year came from a sophomore. ALL other fumbles have come from seniors and juniors. Look on the bright side, we are only losing 14 seniors this year and with our sophomores getting great experience this year, the L-Train should be back on track next year. Didn't we all realize that this year would be a rebuilding year? We lost 30 seniors last year! Our players AND coaches put in an unbelieveable amount of preparation for these games.Come on you guys SUPPORT THE PLAYERS AND COACHES - win or lose!
[/quote]

Agreed. I was disappointed in the amout of Raider fans that left before the game was over. If you want to have a successful program you need to support the kids and coaches through the good times as well as the bad times.
Last year when all the PNG fans wanted our coaches heads the fans STILL packed the stands until the final whistle blew.

This year is a reality check for the real Raider fans.

I have to agree, see all the Lumberton fan's running out was very disappointing. Fans need to understand how it makes the players and cheerleaders, band, drill team etc... feel. Not bashing the Lumberton fans, I've seen it at other games as well. To help develope a great program the fans have to be there whether winning or losing, rain or shine, hot or cold, old coach or new coach. Its called support and pride. One thing that gets under my skin are fair weather fans....... I think you know what I'm talking about. Lumberton will be there next year. Your team has talent and alot of heart. They didn't give up Friday night. They played until the final whistle.

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="685811" timestamp="1256495251"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=61315.msg685614#msg685614 date=1256447607]
Oh well, maybe things are getting back to normal, i. e., another 40 year playoff drought.....
[/quote]

You'd make a good boxer.
[/quote]

GBB is my co-worker Huper.  Just messin' with him.....

Look, I love Lumberton and support them with all my heart, but that doesnt mean I cant speak what I am seeing.  Great programs do not rebuild they reload, and I thought we have done a great job of that, but somewhere along the way we started putting the ball on the ground and we started losing games.  Im not talking about just the PNG game.  Would it have made a difference or not though, who knows for sure.  If we protect the football, we win games period. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124