Jacobe Collier        2 7 3.5 0 0
Lawrence Maleaux 3 -5 -1.7 0 0
Receiving
Name                      Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD
Nijel Daw                  3 27 9 0 0
Keenan Holman          2 20 10 0 1
Christopher Baloney    1 36 36 0 0
Brenan Jackson          3 93 31 0 1

Not a bad passing game for a one diminsional team like Central... We actally dropped 4 perfect passes that would have probably added  50 plus yards.

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="684800" timestamp="1256364282"]
Team Stats
Beaumont          Ozen        Beaumont Central
Total yards         266          340
First downs         13           17
Rushes/Yds         29/48       42/164
Average rush       1.66         3.9
Comp/Atts          11/23/1      9/15/0
Pass yards          218          176
Comp pct            47.83        60
Punts                 3               2
Punting Yards       85            54
Punting Average   28.33        27
Fumbles/Lost       2/2           6/1
Penalties-yards    3-25         6-50

[b]Beaumont Ozen [/b]
Passing
Name Comp         Att Pct Yds TD INT
Charles Durio       10 21 47.62 188 0 1
Stanleigh Sullivan 0 1 0 0 0 0
Leroy Jackson      1 1 100 30 0 0
Rushing
Name A              tt Yds  Yds/Att Long TD
Ricky Francis        6 20 3.3 0 1
Charles Durio       6 -44 -7.3 0 1
Stanleigh Sullivan 1 6 6 0 0
Leroy Jackson 9 32 3.6 0 1
Receiving
Name                Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD
Jacoby Anderson  5 110 22 0 0
Jarvis Fontenot    1 20 20 0 0
Stanleigh Sullivan 1 11 11 0 0
Leroy Jackson      1 23 23 0 0
Jacoby Bellard 2 44 22 0 0
Jon Carl Trahan 1 10 10 0 0

[b] Beaumont Central [/b]
Passing
Name Comp         Att Pct Yds TD INT
Donte Wilkerson     9 15 60 176 2 0
Rushing
Name                 Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
Nijel Daw              4 12 3 0 1
Keith O'Neal          17 88 5.2 0 2
Damon Heard         8 66 8.3 0 1
Donte Wilkerson     8 -4 -0.5 0 0
Jacobe Collier        2 7 3.5 0 0
Lawrence Maleaux 3 -5 -1.7 0 0
Receiving
Name                       Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD
Nijel Daw                  3 27 9 0 0
Keenan Holman          2 20 10 0 1
Christopher Baloney    1 36 36 0 0
Brenan Jackson          3 93 31 0 1

Not a bad passing game for a one diminsional team like Central... We actally dropped 4 perfect passes that would have probably added  50 plus yards.

[/quote]Penalty numbers gotta go down, man!!!!! Half a football field backwards >:(

Great Win, Jags.  We needed this type of game.  Ozen came out to stop our running game and it worked for a half.  We had some key passes dropped.  Ozen on the other hand connected on several passes. 

Halftime adjustments were key.  We passed at will (yea, that's right, we can pass for our critics...  you know who you are ;D ) , which opened up our running game.

Major props to #3 for Central for showing our other recievers how to make catches and do something with it.  Thanks for keeping our head above water when things looked bleak in the first half. 

Our defense then started flexing their muscles with an INT that put us in position to score and several bone crushing  hits, one on the Ozen reciever on the crossing rout(slow getting up) and the hit on the QB in the 4th (hardest  hit I've seen all year).  This kid couldn't even make it back to the sideline after being introduced to #44 from Central.  (hope that kid will be ok.)

All in all I think that we are a well rounded team on offense.  We proved we can pass the ball.  Our special teams have played flawless for several weeks, and Our defense wins games for us.  We look forward to taking care of Livingston next week. 

Onward, March... ;D

We have to catch the ball.  Our QB will get it there but our recievers have to catch it.  I saw 3 drops (one for a score) that would have put 0+ more yards on the stat column.  But all in all it was a good win.  I hope starting that back-up for the first series was a one game thing.  #10 is our guy (son get the snap down during the week).  We still need to cut down on the penalties, though.  First half our dbs were not aggressive enough on the ball.  They were playing the reciever and getting burned.  Second half that changed... And as those licks got harder Ozens recievers arms got shorter.  Once we made them one diminsional it got real ugly for the QB... I felt bad for the kid with that rush in his face laying big time hat.

Game Notes:  # 13 for Oven is the real deal.  First teeam we have seen that kept us from running outside.  Props to the Jags O-line.  Central recievers turn up big plays and put up alot of yards with few catche.  We to go Jag D holding the run game to les than two yards a carry.  Jag D still hitting hard.  Ozen passing game is really good.  Ozen front seven has nice size too.  Jag QB could average 200+ yards a game if the coaching staff would let him. Daw is our best reciever.

We made some mistakes in the first half that got us in trouble. Dropped passes. Missed blocks that got our QB in trouble. Missed blocks that got our RBs in trouble behind the line. Penalties that put us in bad situations etc..... Out of all of this, for this team to be able to come together and win the way they did, it tells me they are a special group. Eliminate the drops, and they cruise to victories. They seem to make up for the penalties, but they could improve there to. The blocked much better in the second half. I didn't see #1 nearly as much in the second half, as I did  in the first. He made and impact in the first half. For us, #44 set the tone for our "D" in the second half. To see him lay his self out on a sideline hit, and come back and deliver bone crushing, intimidating hits on key figure (Ozen) players made life for our defense that much easier. Ozen QB is dangerous when he has time to throw. #11 is dangerous also. Both met #44 and they weren't pleased with the meeting. He's a monster. Our QB made some mind boggling throws. The kid has a cannon. and I'm not exaggerating, that pass to #3 on our sideline over the Ozen defenders head was nothing short of beautiful. And I was watching it from Ozen's side. They (Ozen fans) simultaneously rosed up and started exiting after that catch. They had had enough. # 17 made up for those drops in the second half. But, kid you dropped two TDs!!! I'm more comfortable with this Jag team as I have ever been. And we've had some good teams. Bigger teams, and in some cases faster teams. But this team has a chance to be more special than all of them. We have weapons, and this year we use them. I love it. Keep it going Jags, I am LOVING this ride ;D [b][size=10pt]PS 2ND Half total domination[/size] [/b]  

Great Game..Ozen will be tough for any team..Overall we did Great, We were probly a little bit to hype in the beginning but im glad the coaches calmed the boys down at halftime.The defense really showed me why they are one of the hardest hitting Defense thats come thur central in awhile..Offense really addedd extra confidence when they threw the ball.Most critics say in order to win state you have to be able to throw the ball, Well last night that showed me this team could be playing in late December.Halftime adjustments were key..More pressure on the QB made life much easier on our CB's and Safteys..

Im happi for whats gonna happen this Year..

Also Ozen will make the play-offs.That Team is good and will make life hard for P.N.G next week..G/L next week..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124