DAYTON VS BARBERS HILL VIDEO

Was under the weather this week...
Finally finished the highlight video last night...
Go to around the 6:50 minute mark...
That is the play where Barbers Hill stops Franks on 4th down at the goal line...

I believe on YouTube you can go frame by frame, the play on the video rewinds then goes into slow motion...
Just curious....
Would like the members to view this and if there was a replay would you give him the touchdown..
It was a bang bang play...
It looks like the football crosses the plane of the goal line before the foot hits out of bounds, but it is close
When the ball actually tips over the pylon his foot is out of bounds, but if you look at the shadow of the ball before the foot hits the out of bounds, it is across the plane.

Can't blame the ref for the call, he spotted the ball EXACTLY where the foot went out of bounds.
This was a hard call to make.
The link is...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYzpMAFCAXc

[quote name="JARobinson" post="683925" timestamp="1256320797"]
Man that B/U QB looks awesome!!!
[/quote]
He had a great game...
something to note...
He did NOT play QB in Junior High...
Last year as a freshmen was the first year he played in that position...
Now he is leading the Broncos.
A great kid and hopefully he has a bright future ahead of him as a Bronco.
He also knows by experience the first rule....
ALWAYS BELIEVE!

Just curious...
Any one that watches this video...
What is the correct call on the out of bounds play at the goal line.
Should the ball be marked...
1. at the location the foot went out  of bounds or...
2. where the ball is located when the foot goes out of bounds...
Talked to some coaches today and they weren't sure of the exact ruling on this.

Not knocking the call (I think he made the correct call since the ball was spotted where the foot went out of bounds)...
If on the same play, Franks would have went airborn with the ball crossing the goal line in the same spot, would it have been a touchdown?

Just curious about the rules.

Thanks for posting the video.  As for as the call, I too feel as if it were the right call...no bias here even though I'm an Eagle.  I was in state the week before and watch GCM dismantle the Eagles.  This little video showed me a whole bunch about the Eagles that I questioned the week before.  I'm sure Crosby is a good team and we'll see just how good tonight; but beg to differ with most that if the Broncos played the Coogs on any other night, the game would have been much different.  I think the outcome could have been totally different.  I can't say that about the GMC/BH game though, but one thing for sure, both of these teams looked pretty dadgum good on this video.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124