Hup's Ranking 10/17/09

New format no 5A included.  Only 19-4A and 20-4A and only the top 8 to show who will make the playoffs.

1.  PNG        Have earned due respect and are the favorite to win the district.

2.  Central  

3.  Crosby  

4.  Dayton  After seeing Dayton last night, I can see how the lost to Crosby.  At what point did the qb get hurt in the Crosby game?

5.  Vidor    

6.  GCM   No absolutely nothing about this team but appear to be headed to the playoffs.

7.  BH     Banged up and gave Dayton a great game in Dayton.  If offensive coordinator would open up the offense before they got down by 3 TDs they might actually be

hard to beat.

8.  Ozen   Nobody giving them any credit this year, but the win over Lumberton puts them into playoffs IMO.

3A and Under (Relative Strength poll, not ranked based on head to head predicted outcome)

1.  Newton (top 10 2A)  Has to beware of Kirbyville.  Nobody is talking about Kirbyville.

2.  Kirbyville (top 15 2A) Easy win against Hemphill.

3.  Jasper (top 15 3A)  Showed mercy against Huntington.

4.  Evadale (top 20 1A)  Still winning, but not in convincing fashion.  Beginning to think Colmesneil is a candidate to upset the Rebels.

5.  Silsbee    (top 30 3A)  Beat BC.  I had predicted BC pull the upset.

6.  WO-S   (top 30 3A)  HF came at a good time for WO-S.  60 point shutout is good for what ails you.

7.  Cleveland (top 30 3A) Taking care of business week after week.

8. Coldspring   (top 40 3A) Cleveland game measuring up to be a close contest.

9.  East Chambers (top 40 2A)  Back at the top of the district where they are used to being.

10. Anahuac  (top 40 2A)  Came up short against EC

Honorable Mention:  New Waverly, Hardin Jefferson, Corrigan Cadmen

Guest baseball25

Ranking evadale ahead of silsbee.ec. And all the other teams if hideous. Evadale would get spanked by 3 plus tds against all these teams. I mean you got you use a little common sense

Ranking evadale ahead of silsbee.ec. And all the other teams if hideous. Evadale would get spanked by 3 plus tds against all these teams. I mean you got you use a little common sense

why do YOU have no common sense? It is not based on a head to head. How many times does that have to be explained?

I agree that Evadale can't compete with 3A teams.  My poll just recognizes them based on their ranking within their respective classifications.

Folks forgive baseball 33 he never gets these things right. His ability to understand all things football falls short if it does not have to do with L. Haynes. Youare right not to punish a team who is a 1A team because they cannot beat a big 3A team. Evadale is close to the top 10 and looks pretty good. They have the big Colmesneil game looming on the horizon but you can not charge them with a loss on a game they have not lost. Good poll keep up the good work.

I realize it is not based on a head to head prediciton outcome.. but HJ DID beat EC earlier in the season.. Still believe that EC is the better team by ranking them 9th? Just curious..

Like she said its not based on head to head but actually I do think ec is better than hj at this point. EC is far better than when we played you'll.

I realize it is not based on a head to head prediciton outcome.. but HJ DID beat EC earlier in the season.. Still believe that EC is the better team by ranking them 9th? Just curious..

Like she said its not based on head to head but actually I do think ec is better than hj at this point. EC is far better than when we played you'll.

I know its not based on head to head as i said, but i was just curious.. I will give EC credit and say that they have come along great and have a very good team... But so has HJ.. That was a good game between HJ and EC.. HJ just barely managed to get the win.. I look for both teams to do great things.. Best of luck to both with the rest of district (and hopefully playoffs for BOTH)...

Another curiosity question here Bucof2010... If HJ and EC were to play again.. say next friday.. what you think?

I'd definately say another close one with either team being able to pull out a win depending on who wanted it more and executed better...

I know its not based on head to head as i said, but i was just curious.. I will give EC credit and say that they have come along great and have a very good team... But so has HJ.. That was a good game between HJ and EC.. HJ just barely managed to get the win.. I look for both teams to do great things.. Best of luck to both with the rest of district (and hopefully playoffs for BOTH)...

Another curiosity question here Bucof2010... If HJ and EC were to play again.. say next friday.. what you think?

I'd definately say another close one with either team being able to pull out a win depending on who wanted it more and executed better...

I haven't seen hj since then but our defense is drastically better and we've cut down on turnovers and penalties big time

It is based on where they are ranked in their classification.  I think EC is higher ranked in 2A than HJ is ranked in 3A.  It is solely my opinion as I didn't get the rankings from any source.  I know it is a hard thing to wrap one's brain around but it really has nothing to do with head to head competition.  Although losing to HJ didn't do anything but hurt EC's overall ranking; however, since then they have bounced back and won.  HJ is probably top 50-60 in 3A IMO.  The Orangefield win was very impressive.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124