Referees

TheRef

To all the Ref bashers out there! And I am not saying this because of something that I read or didn't like! I am saying this because I know you are out there and it is easy to blame poor officiating for your teams loss!

Anyway just some news coming down from a pretty reliable source! It will be brought to UIL Legislation on Oct. 28 and 29 a recommendation for UIL to absorb all sports officiating in the great state of Texas and that TASO (Texas Association of Sports Officials) will not be recognized by the UIL as an officiating organization in this state.

The talk around the state is that if this happens a lot of the football officials will retire and no longer officiate football. This means that on Thursday nights when you show up to watch your kids play Sub-Varsity football, you may see the coaches out on the field officiating the game due to the shortage of officials.

Also UIL is proposing to go to National Federation football rules rather than NCAA rules that the schools have been playing under forever in our great state.

But its not just football, its all sports that the UIL plans on taking over. The money hungry people that are putting 4 teams from a 6 team district in the playoffs so that they can get their 15% cut from the gate. And you thought it was to get more kids exposure for college scholarships! Its all about the money!

You see if UIL takes over the officiating then the officials that stick around will be paying their annual dues to the UIL. Also for you coaches reading this, you will no longer have any say so who your officials are going to be during the playoffs! You may get Joe Bobs crew from El Paso calling your game in Houston and your out the expences of travel and whatever else the UIL comes up with for you to spend money on! And they don't care because they get their 15% off the top of the gate reciepts before anyone else gets paid!

99.9 % of everything that is brought before UIL legislation gets passed and will happen!

All I can say is good luck to all the school districts, coaches, players, and parents! If this happens, you may really have a reason to gripe about the officiating. Because all of the veteran officials that keep the rest of the crew straight on Friday Nights with their pregame conferences and on field conferences are going to retire and your going to be stuck with some 2 and 3 year officials wearing a white hat and calling your games on Friday Nights!

This is just my opinion of what you have to look forward to in the future! Once again good luck in the future if their is one!

What The Ref has stated is all true and not a rumor. The supers will be all for this because they have been complaining about what they pay for officials now. I know we have some baseball umpires that will quit when this takes place and it is not going to be pretty. I have no idea what the UIL will do for training, but I think it is going to be a very bad situation for some sports. Sub Varsity ball is going to suffer because of lack of officials. Playoffs, it's gonna be the buddy's of the UIL and not who is qualified.

WOW!  Where have we heard this before?  It's all about the money?

"But its not just football, its all sports that the UIL plans on taking over. The money hungry people that are putting 4 teams from a 6 team district in the playoffs so that they can get their 15% cut from the gate. And you thought it was to get more kids exposure for college scholarships! Its all about the money!"

To all the Ref bashers out there! And I am not saying this because of something that I read or didn't like! I am saying this because I know you are out there and it is easy to blame poor officiating for your teams loss!

Anyway just some news coming down from a pretty reliable source! It will be brought to UIL Legislation on Oct. 28 and 29 a recommendation for UIL to absorb all sports officiating in the great state of Texas and that TASO (Texas Association of Sports Officials) will not be recognized by the UIL as an officiating organization in this state.

The talk around the state is that if this happens a lot of the football officials will retire and no longer officiate football. This means that on Thursday nights when you show up to watch your kids play Sub-Varsity football, you may see the coaches out on the field officiating the game due to the shortage of officials.

Also UIL is proposing to go to National Federation football rules rather than NCAA rules that the schools have been playing under forever in our great state.

But its not just football, its all sports that the UIL plans on taking over. The money hungry people that are putting 4 teams from a 6 team district in the playoffs so that they can get their 15% cut from the gate. And you thought it was to get more kids exposure for college scholarships! Its all about the money!

You see if UIL takes over the officiating then the officials that stick around will be paying their annual dues to the UIL. Also for you coaches reading this, you will no longer have any say so who your officials are going to be during the playoffs! You may get Joe Bobs crew from El Paso calling your game in Houston and your out the expences of travel and whatever else the UIL comes up with for you to spend money on! And they don't care because they get their 15% off the top of the gate reciepts before anyone else gets paid!

99.9 % of everything that is brought before UIL legislation gets passed and will happen!

All I can say is good luck to all the school districts, coaches, players, and parents! If this happens, you may really have a reason to gripe about the officiating. Because all of the veteran officials that keep the rest of the crew straight on Friday Nights with their pregame conferences and on field conferences are going to retire and your going to be stuck with some 2 and 3 year officials wearing a white hat and calling your games on Friday Nights!

This is just my opinion of what you have to look forward to in the future! Once again good luck in the future if their is one!

UIL, what a joke!  Have they ever done anything that makes sense?  I don't know how true all of this is, but nothing would shock me!!  I just expect that every thing they do to be the stupid...and I'm never disappointed.

The UIL, brought to you by the same people that want the Government to run every aspects of our lives...great choice.

UIL, what a joke!  Have they ever done anything that makes sense?  I don't know how true all of this is, but nothing would shock me!!  I just expect that every thing they do to be the stupid...and I'm never disappointed.

The UIL, brought to you by the same people that want the Government to run every aspects of our lives...great choice.

keeping kids off alcohol and drugs during school seems good to me.

if you're caught with it during the school year they kick you out of sports dont they?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83