Carthage Vs Jasper. District championship on line?

I was just on another prominent message board that covers East Texas football and while they easily nominated Carthage @ Jasper as the game of the week, a poster suggested that Jasper was lucky to be coming into the game at 6-1 and got to this point because of an easy schedule.

Most people in that area think that Carthage will win easily while most of us on this board think it will be a close game that either team could win. As a Bulldog, I would love to see Jasper win...but I don't know enough about Carthage's Bulldogs to speculate on what will happen. How good are they?

All I know is:  big and fast.  and defending state champion.  winner of 20 stratight games.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is:  big and fast.  and defending state champion.  winner of 20 stratight games.

All good things come to an end, right? Hopefully, it won't get to 21. In the big picture, it won't make much difference because the big "G" probably looms again in a few weeks either way...but it would be nice to hang a loss on Carthage.

I was just on another prominent message board that covers East Texas football and while they easily nominated Carthage @ Jasper as the game of the week, a poster suggested that Jasper was lucky to be coming into the game at 6-1 and got to this point because of an easy schedule.

Most people in that area think that Carthage will win easily while most of us on this board think it will be a close game that either team could win. As a Bulldog, I would love to see Jasper win...but I don't know enough about Carthage's Bulldogs to speculate on what will happen. How good are they?

Something has happened over the last 10 years and that part of the state has really developed into good smash mouth football teams.  The greater golden triangle has become more finasse (sp)and softer... Jasper will need to maintain the violent attitude and it will be a good game...

All good things come to an end, right? Hopefully, it won't get to 21. In the big picture, it won't make much difference because the big "G" probably looms again in a few weeks either way...but it would be nice to hang a loss on Carthage.

Hey, I did not say that Jasper cannot win this game.  Coach Hooks himself said these dogs can hit!  It will be an interesting game to say the least.

Hey, I did not say that Jasper cannot win this game.  Coach Hooks himself said these dogs can hit!  It will be an interesting game to say the least.
[/quote]

Neither of us would ever say that Jasper can't win any game. Some are just more challenging than others. I agree that it will be a great one, though. Hopefully, I'll get home early enough to catch most of the webcast...

[quote name="j_dog" post="681998" timestamp="1256102713"]
[quote author=Bulldog92 link=topic=60927.msg681996#msg681996 date=1256102159]

[/quote]
[/quote]yes they are big and fast. but not unbeatable Go J-dogs

Friday Friday Friday!!!!!!!!

I believe the key to Jasper winning the game is how they handle Carthage's huge offense and definsive line.  I think jasper will do good early but I am worried about the 4th quarter...We will have to make a defensive stop or two in the 4th when we are tired..Coach has hung his hat on the "D" so here we go...

Jasper will start fast and get ahead early in the game. ( this is a must for a jasper win)

Coach Becham cannot get conservative with the play calling he will have to open the offense up and allow Alvis to throw the entire game for jasper to win...balance will be the key to slowing down the big guys on carthage..

Jasper must captalize on the drives inside the red zone with TD's NO settleing for field goals.

In the forth quarter we cannot get tired on defense and let carthage push us around we will need to make some stops..

jasper      31
carthage  28

[quote name="T-daddy" post="683943" timestamp="1256322649"]
Friday Friday Friday!!!!!!!!

I believe the key to Jasper winning the game is how they handle Carthage's huge offense and definsive line.  I think jasper will do good early but I am worried about the 4th quarter...We will have to make a defensive stop or two in the 4th when we are tired..Coach has hung his hat on the "D" so here we go...

Jasper will start fast and get ahead early in the game. ( this is a must for a jasper win)

Coach Becham cannot get conservative with the play calling he will have to open the offense up and allow Alvis to throw the entire game for jasper to win...balance will be the key to slowing down the big guys on carthage..

Jasper must captalize on the drives inside the red zone with TD's NO settleing for field goals.

In the forth quarter we cannot get tired on defense and let carthage push us around we will need to make some stops..

jasper      31
carthage  28
[/quote]
good analysis, but 3-0 was not big enough!  :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder