West Hardin vs. Sabine Pass/WH wins 14-7/Comments

WOSgrad

First off, thanks to the Sharks.  You were a great host for tonight's game and your facilities are starting to look good.  Secondly, the wind off the bay was horrible.  Penalties really hurt us tonight, we had way too many stupid ones.  Here is the quarterly update:

1st

West Hardin - 6 ---- Ansisco 40yd TD run, 2 point conv no good

Sabine Pass - 0

2nd

West Hardin - 6 ---- Lots of punts in the 2nd qrt

Sabine Pass - 0

3rd

West Hardin - 14 --- Oiler drove down to the Sharks 3yd line & turn over on downs.  3 plays later got a safety.

Sabine Pass - 0        Next drive, Ansisco 4yd TD run, extra point no good

4th

West Hardin - 14

Sabine Pass - 7 ----  Sharks drove the field and had a 1yd TD run.  Recovered the on-side kick, but ended up turning the ball over on downs.  #51 put a lot of pressure on the Sharks QB & even caused him to get an intentional grounding flag.

I talked to a few of the Sharks players and their team has been hit extremely hard with injuries.  One of the young men said that they lost 5 starters.  Hope a speedy recovery for your players and good luck from here on out.

My Oilers have a grand task at hand next week, when the Rebels come to West Hardin.  This should be a very good game.  I don't expect a high scoring game, giving that both teams have good defenses.

I too would like to thank the sharks for their excellent sportsmanship and hospitality.  Their fans remained seated and quiet (as did their cheerleaders) while the West Hardin band marched their half-time show and showed their appreciation with applause after each tune.  Additionally, as the band marched off the field toward the homestands the crowd members were shouting "Good luck at contest tomorrow." I have rarely seen such support for the Golden Pride from their own homestands!  Sabine Pass parents and cheerleaders showed themselves to be classy people with a concern for everybody's kids. THANK YOU.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder