*OF vs. HJ Updates/HJ wins 28-21/Comments

HJ has a scrappy little team this year, I don't know what happened to them last week.

They got beat.

H2O and a soft field happened last week. Not able to cut and slash as much. That and we played a pretty solid BC group that took care of the ball

I agree, The weather hurt HJ last week against BC.. HJ put it on BC in the first, but BC came to play in the 2nd half.. BC is a solid team.. No offense to BC (im not saying this as an excuse) but on a dry field i think it would have been much closer and HJ probably came away with the win (wet field pretty much took away alot of HJ's offensive threat in Turner not being able to run like normal on the wet field).. But can't change it now.. Great win over OF, now we gotta take care of HF and then WOS and Silsbee

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable as it may be, I think many OF players took HJ lightly.  2 things, number one, HJ played better defense than anyone so far against the offense that OF runs.  Secondly, OF wasn't nearly as sharp as in recent weeks.  Not selling their fakes, backs blocking, etc. HJ is a good team, no question about it.  They did to OF what OF has been doing to other teams, hold on to the ball for long periods of time, and keep the other team's offense off the field.  OF can beat anyone if they play well, OF can beat anyone in the district if they play well.  They can't beat any of the remaining teams if they don't. 

Unbelievable as it may be, I think many OF players took HJ lightly.  2 things, number one, HJ played better defense than anyone so far against the offense that OF runs.  Secondly, OF wasn't nearly as sharp as in recent weeks.  Not selling their fakes, backs blocking, etc. HJ is a good team, no question about it.  They did to OF what OF has been doing to other teams, hold on to the ball for long periods of time, and keep the other team's offense off the field.  OF can beat anyone if they play well, OF can beat anyone in the district if they play well.  They can't beat any of the remaining teams if they don't. 

you think that had anything too do with the they way they played. PS that #7 can play some ball good looking kid.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami