Will Kountze ever make the playoffs in football

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ~old_wildcat~

"You Gotta Believe"...I Remember The Days When Kirbyville Was The Butt End Of Just About Every Football Joke...We Have Gone Through Some Hard Times,We Hadn't Beat Newton In 25 Years Till Last Year... It Will Come...Keep On Keeping On...

I also believe they can beat hardin. They got beat down by Buna. Kountze is on the right track, the kids are buying into what Stewart is selling and they want to win. The attitude of the kids is changing. I think they will absolutely have a legit shot next year at making they playoffs. As I understand it they will only lose 5 or 6 players this year to graduation. Tomorrow night we will see how much heart the Lions have and who steps up. I know they are ready to play.

Not sure why the Lions have struggled in football, they have always had the numbers and the athletes to compete but have never established a program.I beleive,and this isn't a stab at any of the coaches, but I think someone from an established winning program could move to Kountze and do well.The pieces are there it's just the tradition that's missing.

And thats not a knock on the coach.The kids have to believe in the system or it's just not a fit.Lumberton is as good of an example of this as I've ever seen.The kids bought in to Credeurs system and haven't looked back and I promisse you there are as good a bunch of athletes in Kountze as there are in Lumberton.

Well I know there is a coach up there that is the reason several students dont play football.

We're on the same page I think.I'm just saying the guy might not be a bad coach and could be a good fit somewhere else,it just may not work for him in Kountze.Nothing wrong with that but somewhere there is a hungry guy from an established program that could field a playoff team in Kountze.

Well I know there is a coach up there that is the reason several students dont play football.

We're on the same page I think.I'm just saying the guy might not be a bad coach and could be a good fit somewhere else,it just may not work for him in Kountze.Nothing wrong with that but somewhere there is a hungry guy from an established program that could field a playoff team in Kountze.

Yea ill say it lol he is a BAD COACH sry but im not gonna lie

I'm sure you guys don't want to hear this, but I really don't think its going to turn around any time soon.  Mainly because I think it will require a coaching change and the present head coach just got there.  Kountze will stick with him a couple years and nothing will change.  Don't be hatting, JMO.  Alot of people said it would turn around with the new addition but I was never sold and believe it will actually get worse before it gets better.  The last two years this coach was at Evadale they had to cancel the JV season for lack of participation.  SO, I'm sure this will upset some folks but I mean nothing underhanded by my opinion.  Like I said, JMO.

Kountze has some good kids and have always seemed to play clean football.  I hope they turn it around and really compete in the future.

Thread is accomplishing nothing and needs to be deleted. The kids in Kountze are playing well and are buying in and believing they can win. There might be some conflicts in the coaching staff, but this topic is NOT what the kids need to be reading in the middle of district play. Right now they are focused.

UTFAN I don't know who you are or how you are involved in the Kountze football program, but you obviously do not have all your information and need to keep your opinions to yourself.

Kountze has the athletes to compete and will in the near future.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83