WHO WILL WIN 2A DISTRICT 22 TITLE..

Guest ~old_wildcat~

Guest ~old_wildcat~

IMO NEWTON And Kirbyville will Play For The District Title : I Give Kirbyville The Advantage Because IMO They Have A Better And Faster Defense..Speed Wise I Think They Both Have That, I'll Give The Nod To Newton At The QB Position,Kirbyville Has A First Year Man At The Helm...And He's Pretty Doggone Good..But Lacks Playing Experience...Ayway As Always It Will Be A Good Game,Plus Kirbyville Will Have The Home Field Advantage I'm Not Predicting Points.. ;D..GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS & May The Best Team WIN.!!

Guest EagleFan01

IMO NEWTON And Kirbyville will Play For The District Title : I Give Kirbyville The Advantage Because IMO They Have A Better And Faster Defense..Speed Wise I Think They Both Have That, I'll Give The Nod To Newton At The QB Position,Kirbyville Has A First Year Man At The Helm...And He's Pretty Doggone Good..But Lacks Playing Experience...Ayway As Always It Will Be A Good Game,Plus Kirbyville Will Have The Home Field Advantage I'm Not Predicting Points.. ;D..GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS & May The Best Team WIN.!!

I don't think Kville has a better and faster defense, but other than that I agree with what you said. Newton has the advantage on offense because we still have a pretty good passing game to go with our good rushing attack.

Eaglefan01, I've seen Newton play, Kirbyville defense seem to look more athletic and physical especially against the run. I agree, Newton offense is playing a little better than the Wildcats because of the experience Qb. I do believe this game will be alot closer than last season because we can't pass well. If Newton defense played like they did against Orangefield, Ford and Irvine will run all the way to Jenny's fried chicken ;D ;D ;D

Guest EagleFan01

Hey Newton's defense played as well as you could against that orangefield offense. That is a good offense buddy, they average around 50 a game and Newton held them to 16 in the second half of that game. Ford will get his yards yes, but Newton is going to get theres, and will bring the title back to where it belongs at Singletary Stadium and where is will stay from now on. You forget that Newton had 6 turnovers against Silsbee and the defense held them to 20 points, Newton has alot of speed on defense too, I've seen kville play too and they haven't impressed me on defense yeah you have a few shut outs but lets be realistic here it was against Liberty and Shelbyville, not exactly two top offenses in the area buddy.

Hey Newton's defense played as well as you could against that orangefield offense. That is a good offense buddy, they average around 50 a game and Newton held them to 16 in the second half of that game. Ford will get his yards yes, but Newton is going to get theres, and will bring the title back to where it belongs at Singletary Stadium and where is will stay from now on. You forget that Newton had 6 turnovers against Silsbee and the defense held them to 20 points, Newton has alot of speed on defense too, I've seen kville play too and they haven't impressed me on defense yeah you have a few shut outs but lets be realistic here it was against Liberty and Shelbyville, not exactly two top offenses in the area buddy.

Put your money where your mouth is? We are not Silsbee, yes they have a outstanding quarterback, but Kirbyville shut him down and out played them earlier in that scrimmage. As for the 6 turnovers, Silsbee been having problems putting teams away all year long, Kirbyville will be Newton's toughest game they have played all year. I hope your squad has the same mind set you do because it could get out of hand. Kirbyville will be ready for them Eagles.

IMO it's going to be one of those games that comes down to who scores last. I think both teams defenses are suspect at this point and can give up scores at any point, as both have proven. It will come down to offense and breaking big plays. Kirbyville don't seem to have the passing attack they did last year, but good ground game. Newton lost some ground game when Alfred went down, but have some take it the house passing. Turn overs probably will play a big part in outcome. Should be real good game.

Guest JustAPlayersMom

I think Newton is just holding back a little until we get to the only game that really matters.  Once Nov 6th gets here I think everyone will see what the Eagles have to offer. 

Guest JustAPlayersMom

IMO the only game that really matters is in December.

I'm sorry I thought the title of this discussion was about who wins district. 

But if you want to discuss the state title my thought on the matter is........ if we can't get past Kirbyville I am not sure we have much of a shot at State.  There are districts way better than Kirbyville we will have to face long before December.

Newton Team Stats: Yards First Downs Rushing Passing Comp./Att./%/TD/Int

2012 65 1574 438

Flanigan;             438 438 14/26/53.85/5/4

Kirbyville Team Stats: 2437 91 2019 418

Cucancic: 383 383 14/43/32.56/4/5

Jones: 35 35 1/1/100/35/1/0

From what I've been hearing Flanigan is suppose to be a beast at Qb, I know we have already faced a bigger one in Sam Alvis from Jasper.  Look at the stats people, unless my eyes deceive me there aren't that many differences in the Qb position (newton and Kirbyville).  if they are fairly even there look at the stats for rushing.  Kirbyville has more rushing yards than Newton has as a total team.  And might I add that Ford has sat out alot of plays in the third and fourth qtrs. and we have played two highly regarded and ranked 3A teams(our only losses).  And yes I checked NEWTON HASN'T!!!!!!  The crown sits here in Kirbyville and probably will for atleast one more year.  these stats were pulled from the beaumont enterprise website.

Newton Team Stats: Yards First Downs Rushing Passing Comp./Att./%/TD/Int

2012 65 1574 438

Flanigan;             438 438 14/26/53.85/5/4

Kirbyville Team Stats: 2437 91 2019 418

Cucancic: 383 383 14/43/32.56/4/5

Jones: 35 35 1/1/100/35/1/0

From what I've been hearing Flanigan is suppose to be a beast at Qb, I know we have already faced a bigger one in Sam Alvis from Jasper.  Look at the stats people, unless my eyes deceive me there aren't that many differences in the Qb position (newton and Kirbyville).  if they are fairly even there look at the stats for rushing.  Kirbyville has more rushing yards than Newton has as a total team.  And might I add that Ford has sat out alot of plays in the third and fourth qtrs. and we have played two highly regarded and ranked 3A teams(our only losses).  And yes I checked NEWTON HASN'T!!!!!!  The crown sits here in Kirbyville and probably will for atleast one more year.  these stats were pulled from the beaumont enterprise website.

Yeah but you got beat by those 3A teams didnt you? Newton beat Silsbee who is no sloutch... ask West Orange.

Guest ~old_wildcat~

Stopped By Earlier Today Watched The Wildcats Practice A While..Saw A New Twist Put On Our Bread & Butter Play...Looked Good..Gonna Fool Some People With This One.

I think its Newton's year this year.  I think this may end up being another really special seasons for the Eagles.  I like the Wildcat's chances though.  I dont care who wins really.  Both teams are really good and will probably be the last two teams in Southeast Texas playing deep into the playoffs.

if i aint mistakin shelbyville scored their first touchdown on newton and once agian kirbyville will pull it out buddy

Guest EagleFan01

if i aint mistakin shelbyville scored their first touchdown on newton and once agian kirbyville will pull it out buddy

Hey young man if you going to get on here with the big boys you need to know your stuff. Newton didn't play Shelbyville friday night... But yeah they gave up a TD to San Augustine, that doesn't mean anything fella. They has nothing to do with the orangefield game.

Guest ~old_wildcat~

Class of 2011,Kirbyville Has Had Three Shut-Outs This Year...Shelbyville Was One Of Them..38-0 Kirbyville..Hemphill and Liberty Were The Other Two..

1: Kville..38-Shelbyville..0

2:kville.. 49- Hemphill..0

3:kville..37-Liberty..0

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086