West Hardin/High Island/West Hardin wins 14-6

WOSgrad

good game oilers this keeps yalls playoff hopes alive i heard that number 30 the fullback was the straw that broke the game open tonight he didn't score but had a couple of tough runs in key situations. the D must have been tough tonight if im not mistaked that was the lowest scoring game HI has had all year

It was a very WET game, as all games probably were.  It was a good defensive battle, both teams had several turn overs.  The Oilers defense was all over the field tonight making key stops.  #50 Werner for the Oilers had an outstanding game, he had at least 15 tackles with 3 or 4 of them being for a loss.  I not doing my normal break down tonight, because there isn't much to say.  #7 Miller had a great 50+ yard TD run & D Wade your right, #30 Letsinger had a 35yd run at a great time.  Great job by the Oilers for pulling out the win over a talented Cardinal team. 

One negitive note before I go to bed; the drive that the Cardinals scored on was set up by some of the crappiest penalties I've ever seen.  The Oilers got flagged for an defensive pass interferance that could have just as easlily been on the offense, then a few plays later got called for another one when the ball was uncatchable and the defender had fallen down before the ball got there.  So that was 30 yds of crap.  Up until that drive the refs were calling a pretty decent game, flags against both teams & some waved off after discussions.

It was a very WET game, as all games probably were.  It was a good defensive battle, both teams had several turn overs.  The Oilers defense was all over the field tonight making key stops.  #50 Werner for the Oilers had an outstanding game, he had at least 15 tackles with 3 or 4 of them being for a loss.  I not doing my normal break down tonight, because there isn't much to say.  #7 Miller had a great 50+ yard TD run & D Wade your right, #30 Letsinger had a 35yd run at a great time.  Great job by the Oilers for pulling out the win over a talented Cardinal team. 

One negitive note before I go to bed; the drive that the Cardinals scored on was set up by some of the crappiest penalties I've ever seen.  The Oilers got flagged for an defensive pass interferance that could have just as easlily been on the offense, then a few plays later got called for another one when the ball was uncatchable and the defender had fallen down before the ball got there.  So that was 30 yds of crap.  Up until that drive the refs were calling a pretty decent game, flags against both teams & some waved off after discussions.

From what I was told, those were the only 3 flags thrown on West Hardin all night.  Most of the calls went against High Island.  Not making any excuses, but everything (calls) went WH way up until that point.

Joharr73, all three of those pass interference calls were defensive because that is a judgement call and that is what the backjudge saw. Your umbrella probably got in the way and you just did not see it right! Overall West Hardin has a pretty good defence, but on that particular drive the reciever that fell down as you say, had some help when the defender #45 nailed him in the back while the ball was in the air. But if you think the calls were bad, come on down and join the chapter on Monday and you can call the game in the cold rain and I will stay home and watch a movie. Fans always know more than the refs! Have you ever read a football rulebook? You might try it you might even learn the game!

Congadulations to West Hardin, I have been calling your games for 12 years and have enjoyed every minute of it! Good Luck High Island, Same goes for you been calling your games for years. Good luck to both teams!

An old football coach once said if your team cannot overcome a call by the Referee, they did not deserve to win in the first place!

Joharr73, all three of those pass interference calls were defensive because that is a judgement call and that is what the backjudge saw. Your umbrella probably got in the way and you just did not see it right! Overall West Hardin has a pretty good defence, but on that particular drive the reciever that fell down as you say, had some help when the defender #45 nailed him in the back while the ball was in the air. But if you think the calls were bad, come on down and join the chapter on Monday and you can call the game in the cold rain and I will stay home and watch a movie. Fans always know more than the refs! Have you ever read a football rulebook? You might try it you might even learn the game!

Congadulations to West Hardin, I have been calling your games for 12 years and have enjoyed every minute of it! Good Luck High Island, Same goes for you been calling your games for years. Good luck to both teams!

An old football coach once said if your team cannot overcome a call by the Referee, they did not deserve to win in the first place!

Look here now, read what I said completly before you decide to respond.  I said our defender fell down not the receiver.  Your absolutely right, it's a judgement call by you refs & a damn tough job too.  The second call was were our guy had fallen down and the ball was 10 feet over the receivers head.  I know you guys have a lot to look at real fast, but hopefully ya'll at least ask if it was catchable from another official.  Also, I gave your crew a thumbs up for the majority of the game, in my opinion the Back Judge messed up on ONE of those calls.

By the way, umbrellas are for the women folk, I had on my handy dandy poncho.  Thank you very much!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476