*BH vs. Goose/GC Memorial wins 39-14/Comments

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OH , and I like my crow CHICKEN FRIED WITH GRAVY, LOTS OF GRAVY.

GOOD GAME GCM, YA'll came to play...Both teams had to deal with the weather and you guy's made the needed adjustments......

Ditto for me, Congrats to GCM on the big win regardless of conditions. Let the Rivalry begin.

As for all of you great coaches out there, grab you a whistle and get yourself a team and lets see how you do when you venture out of the cheap seats and onto the sidelines. Then all the world can see your wisdom and field general skills.  ;D ;D ;D

I never thought I could find such great pleasure from a loss, but you guys are making my day.  Couple points and I'll let some of the new folks who are finally seeing the light take over:

1st - The "coaching" style you see from the BH staff, especially Price is and has been typical since he arrived.  He IS NOT a leader.  He does a wonderful job of managing the funds and programs overall, but he is not a leader or head football coach...period.

2nd - You are right, the coaches did not throw interceptions or drop passes, however when the wind os blowing 20-30 mph and the rain is falling at 1-2 inches per hours, your freaking game plan better not be to throw the football 30-40 yeards down field.  That's a play calling issue, which is the coaches.  Sure there better be a few reads to chose from, however our receivers were not running crossing patters, screens, etc and we chose the wrong guy.  How many 3 and outs did you see where we threw the ball every down.  Fact is last two game, as with other game, we run when we should pass and we pass when we should run.

3rd - The boys looked completely lost last night and unprepared.  That translated into what appeared to be a lack of overall effort.  That starts with coaching and they looked even more lost and unwilling to coach/lead through what was obviously a very bad game plan for the weather we all know was coming.

OK, that's my rant and it won't change this year or any other year until we get rid of goober.   When that day comes, and it will, get ready for one heck of a celebration and I will feed all of chambers county BBQ........ Yes, there will be BEER Ranger83.......  ;D ;D     

:-\ :-\ :-\

Very well said.

I never thought I could find such great pleasure from a loss, but you guys are making my day.  Couple points and I'll let some of the new folks who are finally seeing the light take over:

1st - The "coaching" style you see from the BH staff, especially Price is and has been typical since he arrived.  He IS NOT a leader.  He does a wonderful job of managing the funds and programs overall, but he is not a leader or head football coach...period.

2nd - You are right, the coaches did not throw interceptions or drop passes, however when the wind os blowing 20-30 mph and the rain is falling at 1-2 inches per hours, your freaking game plan better not be to throw the football 30-40 yeards down field.  That's a play calling issue, which is the coaches.  Sure there better be a few reads to chose from, however our receivers were not running crossing patters, screens, etc and we chose the wrong guy.  How many 3 and outs did you see where we threw the ball every down.  Fact is last two game, as with other game, we run when we should pass and we pass when we should run.

3rd - The boys looked completely lost last night and unprepared.  That translated into what appeared to be a lack of overall effort.  That starts with coaching and they looked even more lost and unwilling to coach/lead through what was obviously a very bad game plan for the weather we all know was coming.

OK, that's my rant and it won't change this year or any other year until we get rid of goober.   When that day comes, and it will, get ready for one heck of a celebration and I will feed all of chambers county BBQ........ Yes, there will be BEER Ranger83.......  ;D ;D    

This junk gets sooo old!  First off I want to say; I don't think Price is the greatest Coach to ever walk the earth...there are many things I really wish he would change...but he's no where near a sorry coach...to act like he doesn't have any coaching skills is being a little ridiculous...let's look at some history leading up to Price.

About 1982 or 83, Coach Hope comes to BH, he was here for about 7 or 8 seasons.  Never won a district championship and only made it to the playoffs 2 years out of his 7 or 8 years here, and lost in the first round...decent talent, but nothing great.

Skidmore came around 1989 or 90, never won a district championship, and only went to the playoffs 2 times, lost in the first round...his first year here the team had great talent and the other playoff year the talent was good, but not great.

McGallion came about 1995 or 96, never won a district championship and never went to the playoffs...had some of the better talent to come through BH, during two of his years here.

Price takes over in 1998 and has been here 10 years, won at least 4 district titles(one of those in 4a) and has been in the playoffs 7 times...has been into the 3 round, 1 time, and into the second round about 3 times...really good talent in 2 of those years, and decent talent in 3 of those years, and really mediocre talent in 2 of those years.

It doesn't matter if he was in a so called "sorry district" Because the other coaches(for the most part) were in the same districts, and never accomplished even a 1/4 of what Price has accomplished.

Friday, we just played a sorry game.  All are responsible, coaches and players.  Another thing, we are not the same team that started the season...in some respects were a little better...but we've lost several key players and a couple of others are playing hurt...and we just don't have enough talented personel to fill those spots...And GCM just came out and kicked our tails, it happens.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami