23-2A

ecvb

Any other reports on 23-2A games?

Warren over EC

Hardin over Deweyville

Makes you wonder what EC's head coach is thinking....what's it going to take to make some MUCH needed changes in the lineup???

There is nothing wrong with EC's lineup.  I am surprised they are only 4-3 but even 4-3 is an improvement from last year.  Look, they have played & lost to Warren (who is undefeated) and Hardin (who has lost only to Warren).  The only surprise was that Buna beat them but Buna is not a slouch, especially on front row.  They (Buna) can block and hit but only in certain rotations.  I have a feeling that EC will beat Buna the 2nd time around.  Warren is beatable as well.

Warren over EC

Hardin over Deweyville

Makes you wonder what EC's head coach is thinking....what's it going to take to make some MUCH needed changes in the lineup???

There is nothing wrong with EC's lineup.  I am surprised they are only 4-3 but even 4-3 is an improvement from last year.  Look, they have played & lost to Warren (who is undefeated) and Hardin (who has lost only to Warren).  The only surprise was that Buna beat them but Buna is not a slouch, especially on front row.  They (Buna) can block and hit but only in certain rotations.  I have a feeling that EC will beat Buna the 2nd time around.  Warren is beatable as well.

Anyone is beatable but if Warren stays healthy they are gonna be tough on anyone in this district.They have enough hitters they can keep at least two on the net at all times and that's tough on the 2-a level.

Warren over EC

Hardin over Deweyville

Anyone is beatable but if Warren stays healthy they are gonna be tough on anyone in this district.They have enough hitters they can keep at least two on the net at all times and that's tough on the 2-a level.

Yes, you are right.  With their hitters, they are very tough, however, playoffs are a different thing.  One thing I noticed about Warren is that they make a lot of bad serves (OB or in the net) and they will have to improve that if they want to go deep in the playoffs.  One thing I have got to tell you is that, in the playoffs, it's not tough to find a team in 2A that has at least 2 hitters on the net at all times.  Centerville and White Oak are two examples.

Warren has the talent to make a deep run in the playoffs... As far as the second and third place in this disrtict prolly not.... The second place team will face the winner of the Woodville/Kirbyville district, Which at this point looks most likely to be Woodville who Played Warren a close game when the Eagles had 3 starters out....

Warren over EC

Hardin over Deweyville

Yes, you are right.  With their hitters, they are very tough, however, playoffs are a different thing.  One thing I noticed about Warren is that they make a lot of bad serves (OB or in the net) and they will have to improve that if they want to go deep in the playoffs.  One thing I have got to tell you is that, in the playoffs, it's not tough to find a team in 2A that has at least 2 hitters on the net at all times.  Centerville and White Oak are two examples.

Thought the thread topic was about 23-2A...not the playoffs...

Warren over EC

Hardin over Deweyville

That is true that this thread is about 23-2A district, but what happens when district is over?  The playoffs.  What will probably happen is that Warren wins district then has to probably go through Centerville to make regionals in Tyler. 

Warren over EC

Hardin over Deweyville

That is true that this thread is about 23-2A district, but what happens when district is over?  The playoffs.  What will probably happen is that Warren wins district then has to probably go through Centerville to make regionals in Tyler. 

We will worry about that if/when the time comes...no one has won district yet...until then one game at a time...good luck to ALL 23-2A teams...

I think Warren has the skills to make it past Centerville to get to regionals and beyond. They are some beasts at the net, and their defense is pretty solid. Not to mention, they have more height than most 2A and even 3A teams in Hatton, Brent, and their lefty. These girls want it so bad they can taste it, and as long as they keep the heart and determiniaton, what's stopping them? They're a force to be reckoned with...that's all I'm saying.

Good Luck Lady Warriors!  ;)

I think Warren has the skills to make it past Centerville to get to regionals and beyond. They are some beasts at the net, and their defense is pretty solid. Not to mention, they have more height than most 2A and even 3A teams in Hatton, Brent, and their lefty. These girls want it so bad they can taste it, and as long as they keep the heart and determiniaton, what's stopping them? They're a force to be reckoned with...that's all I'm saying.

Good Luck Lady Warriors!  ;)

You haven't seen Centerville. 

The playoffs will be a completely different subject.Any time you have a single match playoff format anything can happen.I think(but wouldn't swear to it)that Warren saw Centerville last year and I know they are ranked pretty high so there won't be any cake walks in the playoffs.You are right on about the unforced errors on the serve.You can't give away points in the playoffs and advance.I've been very impressed with the left handed hitter this year.She seems to be getting on top of her shots and can really kill it.The serves seem to be called from the bench and that can be a big plus when you get the placement down.

Centerville isnt perfect.... I watched them beat out Kountze last year and they make mental mistakes just like every other team. Yes I think Warren and Woodville can give them a run for their money.

Nobody plays perfect volleyball, not even the college elite.  However, it is the team that is disciplined enough to make the least amount of mistakes and, from what I've seen of Warren and Woodville, if Centerville played them right now then Centerville wins in 3 against both teams.  There is a reason Centerville is, what, 33-0 and ranked in the top 3.  White Oak is up there with them.

The playoffs will be a completely different subject.Any time you have a single match playoff format anything can happen.I think(but wouldn't swear to it)that Warren saw Centerville last year and I know they are ranked pretty high so there won't be any cake walks in the playoffs.You are right on about the unforced errors on the serve.You can't give away points in the playoffs and advance.I've been very impressed with the left handed hitter this year.She seems to be getting on top of her shots and can really kill it.The serves seem to be called from the bench and that can be a big plus when you get the placement down.

Good post.  The lefty is pretty good and it is hard for a team to block a good lefty at the net.  She has a better angle than most at that particular spot.  Unforced errors can kill a team (although it didn't when I saw them...they still won) but they can be overcome...or not.  It just depends on the team that they face.  If a team can't take advantage of the unforced errors to gain momentum or a big lead, then they are not disciplined enough to win.  I've seen serves called from the bench and it can be an advantage if you have a coach good enough to notice tendencies in the other team but if they are a good serve/receive team then it doesn't matter much.

Centerville isnt perfect.... I watched them beat out Kountze last year and they make mental mistakes just like every other team. Yes I think Warren and Woodville can give them a run for their money.

Nobody plays perfect volleyball, not even the college elite.  However, it is the team that is disciplined enough to make the least amount of mistakes and, from what I've seen of Warren and Woodville, if Centerville played them right now then Centerville wins in 3 against both teams.  There is a reason Centerville is, what, 33-0 and ranked in the top 3.  White Oak is up there with them.

Good point. However, Warren took Centerville to four games last year in playoffs after their setter quit unexpectedly, so you may be wrong about them taking Warren in 3. Warren will have to stop making so many service errors, true, but I think these girls are going to surprise some people. Also, Warren has a scholarship athlete running the floor (#5). That girl doesn't quit and she keeps the teams momentum up. It's hard to shut someone down who can jump that high. With her and the other seniors leading I think they will definitely compete with anyone they play. Not saying they can't be beat, but they can't be beat easily.

Good luck in Kountze tonight Lady Warriors!

No doubt those are all very good clubs and deserve to be ranked.Don't go strictly by records when evaluating a club.I haven't seen any of those clubs this year so I couldn't make a informed prediction on a playoff game.I can say the left handed girl from Warren is solid as any I've seen this year.You add Hatton,Brent and Foster on the net and you have a solid group of hitters.Lewis ,Burns and Kelly handle the defense on the back very well and are probably underated.These kids seem to play well together so I like there chances but we all know you have to get some breaks along the way to make it out of this region.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83