Post STJFL Week 5 scores

KDM 2

First of all, I would like to say that I was directly involved with the PN-G - WO-S pee wee game this weekend. Secondly, I would like to say that because I was involved, I now know that many people get on this board and post about things that they know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about ! I would like to say that the WO-S coaching staff is a first rate and stand up bunch of guys. The head coach admitted the mistakes and that was that. I can ASSURE you that some of the WO-S kids DID NOT PLAY and this was admitted by one of the coaches. The numbers of the players in question were given to the coaches and we had a discussion with a coach about these kids. This coach went out of his way to talk to us and let us know that they were wrong and it was an honest mistake. We did hear the parents comments, but were already alerted to watch the MPR situation closely. Bottom line is that if a team with 25 kids is following the rules and playing EVERYONE 10 plays, and a team with let's say 18 players plays their best players, the latter team has a decided advantage ! That is why the rule is in place. Can it effect the outcome of the game ? ABSOLUTELY. Nobody likes to "win" a game like this, but there has to be a level playing field and the kids who pay and work hard need to play. To the person who commented about the PN-G coaching staff and chain crew " storming the field" after the game, GET A FREAKING LIFE... You have no idea what you are talking about. I can assure you that this situation was handled as well as possible by all involved. As I said earlier, the WO-S coaches and Mr. Guillory are stand up guys and have a really tough team. There is definitely nothing to be embarrassed about, it could happen to anybody. It is tough to coach at this level. Everyone has their own opinions about this issue, but if you are a coach and do not stand up for your kids and make sure that they are playing on an "even field", then you probably shouldn't be out there. Mr. Guillory acknowledged a rules violation immediately, and immediately signed off on the MPR form. Please don't post hearsay on these boards when you know nothing about the situation. Good Luck to the Mustangs and congratulations to both teams on a hard fought ballgame.

Good post. And you are right, if a team does not play  all of their kids because they are not as good as their starters and the other team is doing that, then you are at a disadvantage. We used to refer to the kids as MPR players. So, if WOS played those players who knows if the outcome would be the same. Maybe but maybe not.

I also agree that WOS is class and all the coaches are stand up guys. Good luck to all.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....I will repeat this part for you one more time though, next time we play my boys are coming, which i guess you can say we do every week but of course that's the mustang way. ....

Take it easy on us since we do play ya'll next week... get all the frustrations out at practice.... LOL

I did inform our coaches that past is past & they also need to fill one out in all future games cuz we wouldn't want to this to happen if we were to ever sneak in a win and have to forfeit cuz of paperwork.  They had not felt that they needed to keep one with only 3to5 subs (depending on who shows up) everyone was going to get 10 plays and they have even though it wasn't on paper.

....I will repeat this part for you one more time though, next time we play my boys are coming, which i guess you can say we do every week but of course that's the mustang way. ....

Take it easy on us since we do play ya'll next week... get all the frustrations out at practice.... LOL

I did inform our coaches that past is past & they also need to fill one out in all future games cuz we wouldn't want to this to happen if we were to ever sneak in a win and have to forfeit cuz of paperwork.  They had not felt that they needed to keep one with only 3to5 subs (depending on who shows up) everyone was going to get 10 plays and they have even though it wasn't on paper.

Thank you Sports Mom, for being honest on here i feel as if  some people think we are not playing kids because they are not good but that is not the case at all. It was a simple mistake first time for us in 3 years, but I put my hand on the Bible when I say that if my backups are playing you can't tell the difference from my starters, see I had a lot of kids move up from the Flag division and it took some time but they are ready to play now. I hope we can all move on and learn from my teams mistake and to all of the coaches on here that have ever not filled one out take my advice and fill one out or you will have to pay the consequences. I will be requesting a coach from their team to watch my sheets from now on and we will watch theirs because that is the way it is really supposed to work otherwise whose to say anyone cant just fill out their sheet before the game is over. I have played High School football, college for Stephen F. Austin State University and Semi-Pro football and I would never want to see a kid not play the sport that I love so much, it's the greatest sport ever so to all you other coaches good luck and have a great season. ;D

We review ours at half, then start really emphasizing the needs to the HC as the game progresses.  Time goes by pretty fast at the end, and we want all the kids to play (they practice hard too).  But, like stated above, when you lose most of your games, another loss, or forfeit, isn't going to change your yr.

PNG Proud: I'm using your post only because it is short and easier to quote then others - not singleing you out in anyway.  I have something to say about this: it doesn't matter if a team loses most of the games that they play.  The kids who suit up each game - play their hardest - ALL deserve to play in a game.  Their parents paid the money.  the kids pay the price of sweating and bruises.  If the child is not good at his position - guess what? It doesn't matter because when push comes to shove -- it is just a game!  It is up to the coaches to keep track of the mandatory play rule.  it is my opinion that rule was put into effect to protect those kids who are not as good as the others.  I have not seen anyone say this but just in case it is thought of being said: Yes, you do have enough coaches on the sidelines at each game to be able to keep track of it.  All teams want to win; but that win should not be at the expense of a child's self esteem and when he is not allowed to play, it affects them.

Now, I'm off my soap box for now.  tiime to get ready to go to work. 

WELL , said  queenb,,,, some kids get over looked , they just need more work , glad this rule is there ,, !!! After all every kid wants to be play and be a winner !! Thats what the coaches and parents should be doing teaching every kid they can BE A WINNER TOO!!! 

Im sure glad to have heard ,, ( finally ) from the coaches themselves !!!  Sounds like stand up great bunch of guys on both sides !!!

I second that post about how it was a very close game anyway !!!  Sounds like it was a battle ,, thats what we all want to see ,, 2 evenly matched teams battle it out with skill and heart !!!    I for one was really wanting to see the outcome of that game !!!

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!!!           

Im sure glad to have heard ,, ( finally ) from the coaches themselves !!!  Sounds like stand up great bunch of guys on both sides !!!

I second that post about how it was a very close game anyway !!!  Sounds like it was a battle ,, thats what we all want to see ,, 2 evenly matched teams battle it out with skill and heart !!!    I for one was really wanting to see the outcome of that game !!!

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS!!!           

Yes it was, their number 44 was a hoss, he was good and fast. Their defense spread us out pretty well. and I believe our defense held them pretty well also. Their touchdown started after my son fumbled and 44 took off for the endzone he was fast man but we got lucky and held them only to fumble in the endzone and once again 44 was there to recover for a TD. It was a good game that will hopefully be replayed. I don't know how all of that playoff stuff works but I hope that didn't hurt us too bad because it was a conference game but our kids will bounce back. We made some personnel changes and I bought a KEVLAR vest for myself in case another mom decides to go Rambo style on me HAHAHAHAHA.

Not trying to make excuses for the WOS coaches, but I was at the game, and one thing that is being left out, that really needs to be considered, is the fact that this game was played with a continuous running clock.  The 10 play rule is a good one, but it is designed for 8 minute (PEEWEE) quarters.  This 8 minute clock is to be started and stopped the same way as a UIL game (incomplete passes, out of bounce, timeouts, penalties, etc.).  If you have ever seen a game played with a continuous running clock, it goes by extremely fast, making it even harder to get all of your players 10 plays.  We have played games with continuous clocks, in which we have gotten only 2 offensive possessions in an entire half.  I think all coaches on here would agree to this.  A team wanted to run the clock against us in the fourth quarter of a game this year, and I told the ref, "Hey, I still have a few kids who need a couple of plays."  That ref assured me that if they came up short, then he will not let us be punished.  I am not sure who requested the running clock on saturday, or why it was running, but I was there, and the game went by faster than normal.  I was coaching the next game, and we started earlier than our 12:00 start time.  Just Saying.

I wonder why the league doesn't provide an extra ref to also run the clock, that would definitely help teams out no matter what field is played on. I remember watching a game at the png field and the lumberton field one time and recognizing that same problem. It's not anyones fault and I am not downgrading those two fields clock runners, I am just saying it would be cool to have an extra ref to run the clocks at all games because sometimes we have had to get some middle school kids to run them for us and I know dang well they don't pay attention. When I was that age I know I didn't I just wanted to get home and play Super Tecmo Bowl on Nintendo. Anybody else remember that game? hahahahaha

I wonder why the league doesn't provide an extra ref to also run the clock, that would definitely help teams out no matter what field is played on. I remember watching a game at the png field and the lumberton field one time and recognizing that same problem. It's not anyones fault and I am not downgrading those two fields clock runners, I am just saying it would be cool to have an extra ref to run the clocks at all games because sometimes we have had to get some middle school kids to run them for us and I know dang well they don't pay attention. When I was that age I know I didn't I just wanted to get home and play Super Tecmo Bowl on Nintendo. Anybody else remember that game? hahahahaha

At one of the games this week, the scoreboard and the officials clock was WAYYYY different in the first half.  Luckily, the REF's let us know.  Thats an issue, but I doubt the league is gonna pay the $$ for a ref to work the clock.

At one of the games this week, the scoreboard and the officials clock was WAYYYY different in the first half.  Luckily, the REF's let us know.  Thats an issue, but I doubt the league is gonna pay the $$ for a ref to work the clock.

[/quo

Your probably right but man it would be nice wouldn't it. I wonder how much they get paid anyway.

Not trying to make excuses for the WOS coaches, but I was at the game, and one thing that is being left out, that really needs to be considered, is the fact that this game was played with a continuous running clock.  The 10 play rule is a good one, but it is designed for 8 minute (PEEWEE) quarters.  This 8 minute clock is to be started and stopped the same way as a UIL game (incomplete passes, out of bounce, timeouts, penalties, etc.).  If you have ever seen a game played with a continuous running clock, it goes by extremely fast, making it even harder to get all of your players 10 plays.  We have played games with continuous clocks, in which we have gotten only 2 offensive possessions in an entire half.  I think all coaches on here would agree to this.  A team wanted to run the clock against us in the fourth quarter of a game this year, and I told the ref, "Hey, I still have a few kids who need a couple of plays."  That ref assured me that if they came up short, then he will not let us be punished.  I am not sure who requested the running clock on saturday, or why it was running, but I was there, and the game went by faster than normal.  I was coaching the next game, and we started earlier than our 12:00 start time.  Just Saying.

Why were yall running the clock? The clock should never run unless it is agreed by both coaches and an STJFL board member. This usually done with a large lead and the game at hand.

Take donations, $25 to $35 per game to have a ref do each game.

Why were yall running the clock? The clock should never run unless it is agreed by both coaches and an STJFL board member. This usually done with a large lead and the game at hand.

Usually it is agreed on by both coaches. Never have I known a board member to be involved. Most of the time if one coach ask to run the clock the the ref's will run it.

I did inform our coaches that past is past & they also need to fill one out in all future games cuz we wouldn't want to this to happen if we were to ever sneak in a win and have to forfeit cuz of paperwork.  They had not felt that they needed to keep one with only 3to5 subs (depending on who shows up) everyone was going to get 10 plays and they have even though it wasn't on paper.

Thank you Sports Mom, for being honest on here i feel as if  some people think we are not playing kids because they are not good but that is not the case at all. It was a simple mistake first time for us in 3 years, but I put my hand on the Bible when I say that if my backups are playing you can't tell the difference from my starters, see I had a lot of kids move up from the Flag division and it took some time but they are ready to play now. I hope we can all move on and learn from my teams mistake and to all of the coaches on here that have ever not filled one out take my advice and fill one out or you will have to pay the consequences. I will be requesting a coach from their team to watch my sheets from now on and we will watch theirs because that is the way it is really supposed to work otherwise whose to say anyone cant just fill out their sheet before the game is over. I have played High School football, college for Stephen F. Austin State University and Semi-Pro football and I would never want to see a kid not play the sport that I love so much, it's the greatest sport ever so to all you other coaches good luck and have a great season. ;D

Icewater: who are you?  I'm serious.  Private message me and tell me who you are.  I am trying very hard to figure out who you are.  Just curious.

Not sure why the clock was running, but it was from the opening whistle.  That makes it very difficult to get your 10 plays in when the game is being shortened this way.  Not sure if they were rushing the games, or if the coaches agreed on it, but I seriously doubt that they did.  This should be taken into consideration before a team is forced to forfeit.  Just my opinion.

The REF's will run the clock at WOS ......on the field

While we are at it (getting the ref's to do things), they should write down the numbers of the starting backfield so that doesn't become a problem when it's time to take them out.

No joke TD I heard about the little fiasco you guys had, but hey I loved the idea, I thought it was a cool idea.

PLAYER 66  what he was saying earlier about the running clock is what I said earlier in my comment, that there are no refs running the clock which would help the entire league out, I would help pay for it with no problem. I have seen parents and kids running the clocks at almost every STJFL game that I have watched this year, there's nothing being done wrong and no one is cheating I am just saying that I think it would help if we could hire some ref's. Queen B I cant do that, the secret service agency won't let me give up my identity, HAHAHAHAHAHA you had on some cool shades saturday though MWAH HAHAA!

While we are at it (getting the ref's to do things), they should write down the numbers of the starting backfield so that doesn't become a problem when it's time to take them out.

No joke TD I heard about the little fiasco you guys had, but hey I loved the idea, I thought it was a cool idea.

PLAYER 66  what he was saying earlier about the running clock is what I said earlier in my comment, that there are no refs running the clock which would help the entire league out, I would help pay for it with no problem. I have seen parents and kids running the clocks at almost every STJFL game that I have watched this year, there's nothing being done wrong and no one is cheating I am just saying that I think it would help if we could hire some ref's. Queen B I cant do that, the secret service agency won't let me give up my identity, HAHAHAHAHAHA you had on some cool shades saturday though MWAH HAHAA!

Whooo!!!!    Sounds good.....come on with it ..... and then a REF will be on the clock

This comment in no way is meant to the Nederland Coaches. We tried to give this info to the ref as we do every single game because it always comes up. The guy said it wasn't his job to keep up with that and we disagree with that. We think it is their job and they should do it. He later wanted to know who started in our backfield.

Not sure why the clock was running, but it was from the opening whistle.  That makes it very difficult to get your 10 plays in when the game is being shortened this way.  Not sure if they were rushing the games, or if the coaches agreed on it, but I seriously doubt that they did.  This should be taken into consideration before a team is forced to forfeit.  Just my opinion.

It sure wasn't difficult for the PNG team to play every player at least 10 plays.  There is no excuse for cheating!!  Yes, I said it, that is exactly what WOS coaches were doing.  How in the heck can a coach not know that he didn't play one of his players? After the game one of the WOS mothers was highly upset with the WOS coach for not playing her son one SINGLE PLAY!

It sure wasn't difficult for the PNG team to play every player at least 10 plays.  There is no excuse for cheating!!  Yes, I said it, that is exactly what WOS coaches were doing.  How in the heck can a coach not know that he didn't play one of his players? After the game one of the WOS mothers was highly upset with the WOS coach for not playing her son one SINGLE PLAY!

That's funny  ;D.......because its far from the truth!!!!!!!!!